Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who's a bigger jerk?
Ariel Castro 71 82.56%
LeBron James 15 17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree37Likes

Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
I think you guys were too hard on the guy. Sure, he "embellished" some parts, but I don't think a lot of people would have done as what he did, as sad as that is.

Also:

Charles Ramsey Tells Anderson Cooper To Give Reward For Missing Girls To Them, Because He Has A Paycheck | Guardian Of Valor
This. Not everyone would have gone into that house to help that girl. A lot of people would have rather just walked on by and minded their own business. Yeah he is basking in his 15 minutes, and yes he is exaggerating for the sake of the story, but that doesn't make what he did any less admirable.
ImStillToni and Sakugenken like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What Charles Ramsey did was very admirable. I feel that he has always wanted to be famous somehow and during all of this craziness, he starts embellishing in order to keep himself important and to keep the news reporters interviewing him. I'm not 100% sure he doesn't realize that he's not lying at a certain point mainly due to he's likely uneducated and has never had this kind of attention before. He is a story teller and wants his story to be told. I fear that all of his interviews might fuck up the trial in some way, so I hope that Ariel gets killed or kills himself so that the girls don't have to go through the bullshit of a trial, which will likely involve scumbag defense lawyers blaming the girls, especially the one who accepted a ride from him.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
What Charles Ramsey did was very admirable. I feel that he has always wanted to be famous somehow and during all of this craziness, he starts embellishing in order to keep himself important and to keep the news reporters interviewing him. I'm not 100% sure he doesn't realize that he's not lying at a certain point mainly due to he's likely uneducated and has never had this kind of attention before. He is a story teller and wants his story to be told. I fear that all of his interviews might fuck up the trial in some way, so I hope that Ariel gets killed or kills himself so that the girls don't have to go through the bullshit of a trial, which will likely involve scumbag defense lawyers blaming the girls, especially the one who accepted a ride from him.
How was she dressed at the time of kidnapping? This is very important.
Scumhook likes this.

Last edited by JSZilla; 05-15-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ultimately, the whole thing presents the question. Does helping rescue 3 women from an incredibly abusive situation absolve a convicted, repeat offender who beat his wife?

I feel like Charles Ramsay is a total scumbag. I also feel like he has a big heart and capable of redeeming himself. Building on this positive act of selflessness.

Maybe he gets famous. Starts hanging out with celebrities. Next month we hear of him hanging with Chris Brown. You know, just chilling. Hanging out. Grilling. Possibly listening to some salsa music..
JSZilla likes this.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Maybe he gets famous. Starts hanging out with celebrities. Next month we hear of him hanging with Chris Brown. You know, just chilling. Hanging out. Grilling. Possibly listening to some salsa music..
Ribs dude. Fucking ribs.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

People were way too offended by every single thing in this episode. Makes things you're supposed to be offended by seem less offensive in comparison. I'm actually offended at how non-offensive things were deemed just as offensive as actual offensive things. Offensive.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssp
JSZilla and Scumhook like this.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What kills me about our society is a lack of judgement and forgiveness!

1) I will say that 95% of the time if a Black person hears someone yelling/screaming/or crying as Ramsey heard Berry, most Black people would NOT have even gone near the house. Since we always die in horror movies 1st, we are smart enough to know you don't go near the danger, you haul ass from it.

2) Ramsey admitted to domestic assault against his ex-wife. He also admitted he was wrong, has since apologized and made amends with his ex-wife. She corroborates this story. The media decided to spin the "Black man is not a hero" spiel and so many folks went for it. I hate that we continue to judge people for their past when the admit their wrongdoings and change. Like we are all fucking perfect, right? If he's admitted he was guilty/wrong and she absolved him for his wrongdoings, who the hell are we or the media to judge him (don't even get me started on Chris Brown)? Sometimes I feel like Keith reads what he wants to read and then states his 4 cents on air (not 5 cents since he didn't fully research things before making his opinion known) & then Chemda's reaction (often judgemental) is based on Keith's misinformation - am i crazy here?

3) A hero is someone who risks their own personal live/safety to help another in need without thinking twice. That is exactly that Ramsey did because let's face it, anything could have happened when he went to that door. My ass would have sat there, called 911 to report the screaming, and finished my BigMac while watch the events unfold.

4) "I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms" this make speaketh the TRUTH

5) I HATE the fact I had since made the Dead Giveaway autotune my new Twitter ringtone but it is fucking catchy
dEadERest, flerchin, word and 3 others like this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
What kills me about our society is a lack of judgement and forgiveness!
Personally, I feel like this guy is a man who has done wrong, but a big enough heart to do right. He absolutely should be given a second chance, but time will tell. It would be nice to read a year from now that Mr. Ramsay is a counselor at a battered women's shelter or something, but who knows. Maybe he's back with his wife and punching her in the face. Maybe she has it coming. Maybe she can't make a cheeseburger as good as Ronald; who knows?

I watched a few interviews, (besides the hilarious song remixes - damn those are funny though) and the guy seems shook. He comes off as sincerely caring and contemplative. The guy is like, "Man, if only I knew..." At times he seems like he's gonna burst into tears.

Also, America in 2013 is an incredibly 'mind your business' place to be. I don't know my neighbors and I live in a tiny mtn town. People don't pay attention to others. It would be rude to do so.

The man went out of his way to help 3 women who desperately needed it. He is in all sense of the word: a hero. His past is in his past. I'm with you. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and the respect he deserves from his actions in the present.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
I feel like Keith reads what he wants to read and then states his 4 cents on air (not 5 cents since he didn't fully research things before making his opinion known) & then Chemda's reaction (often judgemental) is based on Keith's misinformation - am i crazy here?
Yes, you are.

First, do you know that "giving someone your 5 cents" isn't a saying?

Second, I don't subscribe to the media that you're talking about that is making Charles Ramsey NOT a hero. I'm not saying I don't buy what they're saying; I'm saying I never even heard any of that. I read the facts and then give my thoughts. You're seeing white media say this guy is less of a hero than you think he is, so you're lumping me in there too because I'm white.

I said he was a hero every time I mentioned him, albeit a very funny one.

I said it was a big shame that it turned out that he too perpetrated domestic abuse on multiple occasions, and that when he rehashes his hero story, he is not only embellishing, he is lying.

These are facts. And that's all I said about him.

I'm not whatever shit you're watching on TV, so behave.

That's my 10 cents. Keep the change.

Quote:
A hero is someone who risks their own personal live/safety to help another in need without thinking twice. That is exactly that Ramsey did.
Well, since you bring it up, it seems like he did think twice, doesn't it? He knew something was up when he moved in over a year ago...
Old 05-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
People were way too offended by every single thing in this episode. Makes things you're supposed to be offended by seem less offensive in comparison. I'm actually offended at how non-offensive things were deemed just as offensive as actual offensive things. Offensive.
This ^^^^

"Like OMFG the 911 prick only mentioned 3 races!!!!". Well fuck me, he pretty much nailed the area's demographic. I guess there are no asians in that shitty part of Cleveland.

And if you had to bet on the race of a mugger, smart money says black or hispanic, depending on location. Of course there are white muggers. Just not as many.

Quote:
Since we always die in horror movies 1st, we are smart enough to know you don't go near the danger, you haul ass from it.

Quote:
2) Ramsey admitted to domestic assault against his ex-wife. He also admitted he was wrong, has since apologized and made amends with his ex-wife. She corroborates this story. The media decided to spin the "Black man is not a hero" spiel and so many folks went for it. <etc etc> - am i crazy here?
You're not crazy. You're black and you're female. You're probably overdue for a beating. Can you kick your Mexican hubby's arse?

Quote:
I HATE the fact I had since made the Dead Giveaway autotune my new Twitter ringtone but it is fucking catchy
Yep. No getting around it. I'm glad the girls were kidnapped so we can get this fucking cool tune.
ImStillToni likes this.