Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever dissected an animal as a school assignment?
Yes 62 75.61%
No 20 24.39%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 05-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

Is it just me or did Keith's bit about scaring girls in the subway sound a lot like John Mulaney's bit "Chase through the Subway"? I know how much Keith hates joke thieves but maybe this is a case of people just coming up with the same ideas?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Keith has been using that example on the show forever, Mr. Jan 2008. In fact, the only thing that keeps it from being annoying is that it's so true and I relate to it every time. I googled John Mulaney and still don't know who he is.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #23 (permalink)

You googled him and still don't know who he is? It shows up right away that he is a stand up comic who wrote for SNL. Keith listened to his album a couple of years ago with that bit in it and even said that John Mulaney's album the Top Part was among his top 5 albums of all time.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Not only have I dissected animals, I've dissected humans, too. I've used a reciprocating saw to remove a leg. I've used a bone saw to cut through ribs and remove the entire chest plate. I've even used a bone saw to cut the skull open so the brain could be removed. And I've used a scalpel to remove a heart, lungs, brain and other organs as well as remove skin and muscle to reveal tendon, ligament, and bone.

Of course this was all normal course curriculum.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Oh yeah tell me more but slower
Sparrow likes this.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

you know, i was just happy leading my normal, egg-eating life, and then lauren goes, it's like eating the chicken's period. now i'm disgusted with myself. i had eggs yesterday.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Lots of food is weird or might sound disgusting when you think about it too much but that is not going to stop me from eating amazing cheese (hmmm tasty mould), eating mussles (yeah eating a whole animal: entrails and all in one gulp), shrimps (looks remarkably similar to an underwater insect ) and my steak is ordered rare (yummy raw bloody meat).

I think I'm OK with eating eggs be they fertilized or from virgin hens
Bucho and Scumhook like this.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merodax View Post
You googled him and still don't know who he is? It shows up right away that he is a stand up comic who wrote for SNL. Keith listened to his album a couple of years ago with that bit in it and even said that John Mulaney's album the Top Part was among his top 5 albums of all time.
I should have put it more plainly: I don't give a shit. Rather, I didn't give a shit, because his only credit seemed to be SNL, which isn't a good show. I'll check out his album, now that you mention it.

I still say the "scaring girls in the subway" thing is enough of a universal truth for Keith to repeat it, though you put forth some startling evidence.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

John Mulaney is actually really, really funny. He's a writer for SNL and created the Stefon character, which is one of the most consistently funny parts of the show. Both of his albums are great.

Here's the bit in question: John Mulaney - YouTube

It's got a similar set-up, just like a lot of jokes like that, but the punchline is different, is my opinion.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

I wasn't trying to say Keith is a joke thief, we all know how much he despises that. I was just trying to say that sometimes you have to give the benefit of the doubt to some comedians. People come up with the same ideas and jokes without having a contact with each other. Although Keith did hear this bit before, hmmmm.........wink.