Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Jimmy Failla 29 53.70%
America's Got Talent 25 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes

Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1815: America's Got Jimmy

with Jimmy Failla

www.twitter.com/JimmyFailla

www.twitter.com/HugsyMalone1

Share this episode: America's Got Jimmy (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 07-27-2013 at 11:20 AM.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Just started listening to the show, really excited. KATG and Off the Meter are the only two daily podcasts I listen to, and I was wondering when y'all would have Jimmy Failla on the main show. Good to see.

(It's fun seeing where the two podcasts differ on big news stories. Hint: It's a lot.)

Last edited by Suppernoob; 07-22-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Parentheses
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Yes. Both Roman Polanski and Woody Allen make incredible movies, (The Ninth Gate and Crimes and Misdemeanors- both of which, but especially Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors...find and watch...seriously) but I digress...they both are sexually...super wrong/ odd. None of us approve of their personal proclivities, but they do produce thought provoking, brilliant, must see movies.

This type of thinking is like Heinz ketchup. Are they not America's favorite? Of course they are. Don't be silly. However, they are a large corporation that most likely promotes evil - on the sidelines. Indirectly. Do you stop dipping your fries in what can only be describes as bliss? Of course you don't. Heinz ketchup. Amazing.

Also, Jimmy was on Chemda's 'What's My Name' and told crazy interesting stories that only a NYC cabbie/ NYC stand up comedian could tell. Highly recommend.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

The only way for Hugsie to get bad press is if he pees on a guest's leg. Good or bad dog?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

America's Got Talent is a 3 judge show. Fuck all of those shows. They demean everyone involved, from the performers to the audience. In this context, Jimmy could deny the holocaust and he'd still be more right than any insipid 3 judge show.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

After listening to the show I'm still not 100% clear what the dispute was about. Am I the only one? I think Jimmy just saw this as an opportunity to get his name out there. I can't really fault him for that, but it doesn't really seem like America's got talent was in the wrong.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Speaking of denying the holocaust, I was a bit surprised that Chemda blamed the near extinction of the Sumatran rhino on....wait for it...the rhino. A passing glance at the article would have shown that its due to poachers and habitat destruction.

Damn you rhino for not developing thumbs and a frontal cortex which would have permitted you the exercise of your 2nd amendment rights! Fookin' rhino's a pinko commie liberal to boot, I bet. Serves them right!

That said, I agree with Keith that trying to mate brother and sister is /facepalm level of stupid.
littlp, Pier777, Jaded_Jon and 2 others like this.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

I also appreciate the fact that Keith and Chemda questioned Jimmy if he was doing all this bullshit for publicity and shit. More than once all this was asked and they still wanted him to explain his point after being tested. This dude could of really been fucking around and they wanted to make sure they were not being fucked with. Assuming he didn't still get over on them. I'm a little confused by the whole dispute. But back to the hosts; I like that though. Not just playing to the hype and all that jazz. Rude or not? I think it was necessary. The balls on them and good for 'em.

Me too Piffle.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...

Last edited by JSZilla; 07-23-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

I really liked Jimmy's episode of What's My Name, but give me a break. Emotional sodomy? Who are these thousand people that were so emotionally heartbroken over a stupid reality talent show saying Jimmy might be on the show and then not airing his bit? I'm sure they were excited to see a friend or a friend of a friend on a popular TV show such as America's Got Talent and perhaps some of them were a little disappointed, but the hyperbole in this episode made me want to jump in a vat of hot tar and sharks. (Hyperbole intended.) I was really just mildly annoyed. (Are you taking notes, Jimmy?) The drama in which Jimmy approached this whole situation is so blown out of proportion that it's absolutely clear that he is only trying to make this situation into a bigger deal to get press for his new book and career. I can't fault him for that and I can't exactly expect him to really admit that, but it just came off as so incredibly desperate and transparent.

And did anyone really hear about this Mel B. booing incident? Quit acting like it was front page news and that everyone heard about it. We didn't. I came out of this show really not liking Jimmy. Like I said, he was great on What's My Name, but on KATG, he came across as an ego manic and a drama queen and couldn't really logically explain his point about why he wouldn't want to be on the show. Let's not ask him back, ya dig? (No, Jimmy, we don't dig)
Los likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really think people are overreacting here. Okay, fine, it was important to him. Don't take it personally that it wasn't important to you, deal?

Also, I don't like ketchup. I only use it on hamburgers.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.