Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Why are they applauding Bush?

Bush's appearances (and press conferences at times) are well-managed P.R. events and have been for some time.

Remember when Bush showd up in Iraq for Thanksgiving to 'support the troops'? A soldier who tried to participate was not allowed because he had been critical of Bush.

And what about that recent question/answer session with soldiers that the White House insisted was 'spontaneous' even when the Pentagon accidentally broadcast the P.R. woman coaching the soldiers on what questions to ask and how to answer questions that Bush would ask them.

And then there was the required loyalty oath that had to be given in order to see Bush during his campaign speeches.

Many people believe that this is the most protested man in history, yet how many times have you seen protestors at Bush events?

And, why does he always mention 911 in conjunction with Iraq? Because Frank Luntz suggested that doing so would subconsciously create a link between the two for most people.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey
I once had a huge asthma attack on a southwest flight..
You win. That beats any of my crappy flying stories.

By the way, what's up with Canadian clearance? They're the only country that ever gives me shit when I fly there. Every time I'm there I'm on business and I always get a third degree.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber
...all you do all day is handle sweaty fucking shoes...
I once herd this comedian comment:

Why couldn't there have been a bra bomber?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #24 (permalink)

Dear Keith and the Girl,

May I be the first to enlighten you to the fact that todays episode was, for lack of better words, complete shit. Now I understand that everyone has their days, but as I have been catching up on old installments of your show, I have found myself laughing louder and much more often. These previous shows to me just seem fresher. Surprising? I know. How can old shows seem fresher then the current ones? I think a few months ago the show was a source of complete enjoyment for the two of you, but as time has dragged on, putting out a show every couple days is starting to feel like a chore. Now I hope this is not the case. I hope that the same amount enthusiasm resides inside each of you today, as there was when you first started doing the show last year. Thats what makes a comedy show last, enthusiasm. Someone once said Enthusiasm glows, radiates, permeates and immediately captures everyone's interest., so true, so very true.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbusker
Dear Keith and the Girl,

May I be the first to enlighten you to the fact that todays episode was, for lack of better words, complete shit. Now I understand that everyone has their days, but as I have been catching up on old installments of your show, I have found myself laughing louder and much more often. These previous shows to me just seem fresher. Surprising? I know. How can old shows seem fresher then the current ones? I think a few months ago the show was a source of complete enjoyment for the two of you, but as time has dragged on, putting out a show every couple days is starting to feel like a chore. Now I hope this is not the case. I hope that the same amount enthusiasm resides inside each of you today, as there was when you first started doing the show last year. Thats what makes a comedy show last, enthusiasm. Someone once said Enthusiasm glows, radiates, permeates and immediately captures everyone's interest., so true, so very true.
I would have to disagree, I think the fact that Chemda was miles away and to the left of Keith made the show sound a little odd. They have done over a hundred shows with each of them in the same room. This was the first time they were in different locations and not able to see each other 'react' to the stories told.

Chemda story was cool, and keith punched it up. But the general phone lag caused some confusion ('no you go ahead"). You can not call this show "complete shit", because it was done in brand new way for them. (And to kiss thier ass for the hundredth time), they pulled it off with great jokes and some funny stuff.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I would have to disagree, I think the fact that Chemda was miles away and to the left of Keith made the show sound a little odd. They have done over a hundred shows with each of them in the same room. This was the first time they were in different locations and not able to see each other 'react' to the stories told.

Chemda story was cool, and keith punched it up. But the general phone lag caused some confusion ('no you go ahead"). You can not call this show "complete shit", because it was done in brand new way for them. (And to kiss thier ass for the hundredth time), they pulled it off with great jokes and some funny stuff.

that bitch just wants a reaction MG

fuck him and his whore mother
Old 12-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass

Is it cool if I just stick with the whore mother?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion
Is it cool if I just stick with the whore mother?

to each his own

more pb for me
Old 12-01-2005, 11:14 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass

actually I am just making a suggestion, I'm not trying to be an asshole. They can take my advice or not...I really don't give a fuck. I just want this show to continue to be the best podcast out there without getting stale or under done.

And yes my mother is a whore
Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbusker
actually I am just making a suggestion, I'm not trying to be an asshole. They can take my advice or not...I really don't give a fuck. I just want this show to continue to be the best podcast out there without getting stale or under done.

And yes my mother is a whore

and your suggestion/advice was to be more enthusiastic?

your show was complete shit, now be more enthusiastic

Jeff is that you?

after all this time are you're back with more helpful advice?

you can help this podcast be the best it can be by eating a gun

and my mother is a whore also

good day