Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you let your man do The Couch Experiment?
Yes 16 24.24%
No 8 12.12%
I don't have a man 42 63.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I think my ex-SIL is the female version of Kunal. She doesn't defend it by saying she's an artist, though, she's just a drunk. .
Yeah. It's really sad. I don't think Takers are happy about their situation, either. Most of K and C questions were related to quality of life. There is none. There literally can't be.

America's this beautiful place where you can read Jack Kerouac's 'On The Road' and go explore and receive kindness and give back and karma and cool shit like that. Just feel at home; even without a home. Without money.

Than you got Kunal John Petrie the 3rd over here. Fucking it all up for everyone else.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

EP, whoa!!

I got some weird vibes from this dude... Entitled, self absorbed, manipulative, judgmental. On the other hand extremely open, personable, honest, articulate. He is a wonderful spin doctor though: "I love her kid, I see this thing going places", "If THEY don't look good in the story then how does that make ME look", " I didn't pay because HE was a slumlord", "It's such a good project, such a good idea...if she wanted to do it i'd let her""I help her out when I can". At points I was like "well that was a very entitled little speech" then next comment I was like "awwe, he ain't so bad"

After I felt like I had just gotten played?!

My take on the child thing is this...for SOME people, if they don't have a child...maybe they don't get it. I feel like for this guest, he doesn't quite get it because he isn't a parent. Clearly she understands this about him and doesn't expect him to be that parental figure in her daughters life. I feel that it is the mothers job to prioritize her child and her own needs but they don't always equate blending the two. She needs a boyfriend, he's involved in her daughters life but as an outsider...not a parent and that's OK until they move in together (which sounds like sooner rather then later). Once they move in together then the game changes. He won't be "babysitting" he will be co parenting and that comes with a whole life time of consequences.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

I admire this guy.

The absolute best time of my life was my first year of college, and a lot of that has to do with being able to live somewhere for free.

Ever since then, life has been a drag, and a lot of that has do with not being able to live somewhere for free.

It's no exaggeration when I say the image below represents my ideal living situation:

campy and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

He isn't living for free...he's living off someone else's dime and that is a BIG difference and the thing rubbing people the wrong way here
Blitzgal, Lanfear and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
I felt like I had just gotten played?!

, he's involved in her daughters life but as an outsider...not a parent .
Hmmm. You make some good points, but this is what I heard. Do you baby-sit? "I baby-sat once" This indicates he is making no effort to help. I make this point because when you are sitting around eating the child's food, using the woman's electricity, and showering: all of which cost money. When you have no money - you help in non-monetary ways. The BIGGEST gift you can give a single mom is helping with childcare. There is no childcare in workplace. This is huge. It makes him appear to be a huge dick.

Do you spend time with child? "I play video games with her" Well of course you do. You're at someone else's house and why not play viddy games?

Just because you're articulate and appear to be open, does not exempt you from being a sociopath.

I know I sound incredibly harsh and super dramatic (as per usual) but I know this guy. I just know him. I've met him in countless other incarnations (usually white - worthless stoners in my tiny college town) but they are No Bueno.

Also, I admire your point about the woman. True. Responsibility falls on mom. However, when that mother is a single, all alone, older than 18...any number of factors, what you have is a cornered, vulnerable woman. I'm not calling her desperate. I'm trying to point out that it is not the same situation as just single gal.

Look. I date singe moms. I'm friends with single moms. I'm immersed in the single mom world. All my knowledge coupled with my douchebag spidey sense, tells me this guy...this guy ain't right.
Rommorwen, campy and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

This documentary about tiny houses is awesome. I'm w/ Edward Screen Name. These things would be heaven.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

For the record, I hope I'm dead wrong about Kunal John Petrie Taker Culture the 3rd.

I hope he's onto something that becomes a success and generates money. I just don't get the sense that he's into helping anyone. Least of all some woman, nor her child.

Would love to hear a happy ending or whatever the follow up might be. It was a great episode. It just made me want to strangle every douchebag who exploits the kindness of a mother, is all.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

I got the same vibe EP, I really did. All the nice stuff felt like trying to cover up the asshole side.

Agreed, single moms more then anyone need the help in the baby sitting department but I am assuming she just wouldn't trust this guy to be make the right decisions at crucial times. This is the #1 attribute for a babysitter to have.

SO what has he got going for him?

He spends all his money
He has a drinking problem
He doesn't have a place to live
She doesn't leave her daughter with him and he doesn't offer to help out
No steady income...or so it seems

Hope she knows what she's doing other wise she'll end up with two children.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Hope she knows what she's doing other wise she'll end up with two children.
Amen.

I just listened to Kunal in post video and loved how he made a disgusted look and described India as 'a bunch of homeless people' Lol. Irony.

I am definitely checking out his podcast. It's a great, interesting premise.

Kunal is not a bad guy. He's just a perfect example of men in America. He's 29. He lives as free as possible, yet in doing so, is indirectly causing harm.

He's a modern man. Completely oblivious to women and their needs. Maybe this is the direction of all men. Women with kids need to toughen up.

I don't care how nerdy, friendly, hipster-y, or liberal he appears. When a man is taking advantage; he is taking advantage. No matter how you try to sell it.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 08-15-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Saying he isn't living for free because someone else is footing the bill is semantics. Actually, I don't even know if it's semantics, it just doesn't make sense.

He goes to a house, sleeps on the couch, and doesn't pay anything. That's free. The fact that someone else is paying for their own housing and letting someone crash for a night doesn't diminish that, nor does it mean they're paying for his stay.

The argument that someone's always paying for his stay only makes sense if the couch/pillows/blankets he's sleeping on were actually purchased for him for the specific reason of letting him stay. Otherwise, it already exists and thus is not an incurred expense. It's only welfare if you're paying for his very own space. Letting him occupy already paid for and unused space is tantamount to storage.

Basically, this guy is a winter coat hung in the closet during summertime. He's just there.
Rommorwen likes this.