Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you let your man do The Couch Experiment?
Yes 16 24.24%
No 8 12.12%
I don't have a man 42 63.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree42Likes

Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
Saying he isn't living for free because someone else is footing the bill is semantics. Actually, I don't even know if it's semantics, it just doesn't make sense.

He goes to a house, sleeps on the couch, and doesn't pay anything. That's free. The fact that someone else is paying for their own housing and letting someone crash for a night doesn't diminish that, nor does it mean they're paying for his stay.

The argument that someone's always paying for his stay only makes sense if the couch/pillows/blankets he's sleeping on were actually purchased for him for the specific reason of letting him stay. Otherwise, it already exists and thus is not an incurred expense. It's only welfare if you're paying for his very own space. Letting him occupy already paid for and unused space is tantamount to storage.

Basically, this guy is a winter coat hung in the closet during summertime. He's just there.

Does he eat, shower, use the toilet, use electricity, use the television, use the phone, use the internet, wash his clothes? There are ongoing expenses incurred beyond the furniture that your ass sleeps on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You mean in the case of his girlfriend, close relatives and friends and, last resort which you know will be numerous times, his mom.

You want to stay, buy dinner, kick in for groceries, offer a small compensation for the privilege. Don't show up empty handed, insist in an interview that is beneficial to YOU, decide if it is not"too boring" fora podcast that isn't even out there then fuck off with a belly full of breakfast....that, my dear, is mooching, not art making.
Rommorwen likes this.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Scummy, I love you. Never change.
You can crash on my penis couch anytime, bby.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Isn't E.P. a dude?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Isn't E.P. a dude?
Yep.

Why? U got a problem with that?

He's from Montana. Brokeback Mountain country.
campy and JSZilla like this.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

This guy irritated the crap out of me. Not only can I not imagine how ANYONE could find his project interesting to listen to (for seven months, no less!) but I find the fact that he calls himself an artist personally insulting.

This would have been cool if he were living on the street for 30 days and commenting on his experiences, or traveling the country sleeping out of his car or something. In his experiment he mooches off his friends and in the event that he doesn't have a place to stay he sleeps at his girlfriends place, yawn. I've had a couple months like this and would NEVER call it art.

When the episode began I was excited by the "homeless" conversation because I thought there would be a good story of how it happened and what his life is like, but about 10 minutes in I realized I was listening to a lazy, self absorbed man-child going through his post-adolescent idealistic phase.

I commend Keith and Chemda for putting up with him as long as they did. I wouldn't have been able to hold off telling him to get off his ass, get a job and become a contributing member of society.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
This guy irritated the crap out of me. Not only can I not imagine how ANYONE could find his project interesting to listen to (for seven months, no less!) but I find the fact that he calls himself an artist personally insulting.

This would have been cool if he were living on the street for 30 days and commenting on his experiences, or traveling the country sleeping out of his car or something. In his experiment he mooches off his friends and in the event that he doesn't have a place to stay he sleeps at his girlfriends place, yawn. I've had a couple months like this and would NEVER call it art.

When the episode began I was excited by the "homeless" conversation because I thought there would be a good story of how it happened and what his life is like, but about 10 minutes in I realized I was listening to a lazy, self absorbed man-child going through his post-adolescent idealistic phase.

I commend Keith and Chemda for putting up with him as long as they did. I wouldn't have been able to hold off telling him to get off his ass, get a job and become a contributing member of society.
Well, he has a job. It's doing that. Didn't you hear when he said his podcast is sponsored by Roommates.com?

I really don't get the negativity for Kunal. He's a nice, funny guy who jibed well with the show and is doing something interesting (and yes, artful) with the skills and connections he's made as a comic. He books these appearances, his hosts know what they're getting into. It's not like he shows up at a stranger's house, plunks down on his or her couch and says "so, what are we talking about?"

He's doing something interesting with willing, interested people. Good for him. Stop bitching anonymously on the Internet and go do what you think he should be doing if you have a problem with the guy.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)
Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Well, he has a job. It's doing that. Didn't you hear when he said his podcast is sponsored by Roommates.com?

I really don't get the negativity for Kunal. He's a nice, funny guy who jibed well with the show and is doing something interesting (and yes, artful) with the skills and connections he's made as a comic. He books these appearances, his hosts know what they're getting into. It's not like he shows up at a stranger's house, plunks down on his or her couch and says "so, what are we talking about?"

He's doing something interesting with willing, interested people. Good for him. Stop bitching anonymously on the Internet and go do what you think he should be doing if you have a problem with the guy.
I did hear the part about being sponsored, that blew my mind more than anything. I am sure his buddies all know what they are in for, he did make it pretty clear that he asks their permission and offers to do the dishes and seems to be a gracious guest. That does not make him an inspirational artist. I don't find his project interesting, I think he is rationalizing his laziness.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post

He's from Montana. Brokeback Mountain country.
Scummo and I have a bro-mance. With benefits
campy and Scumhook like this.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I really wish KatG already had a follow up show. I'd also like to hear the 'girlfriend' with the 'kid'

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 08-16-2013 at 12:22 AM.