Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you live in dangerous projects if it was free?
Yes 10 12.82%
No 68 87.18%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree47Likes

Old 08-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1835: Extra Joy

with Joyelle Nicole

www.twitter.com/JoyelleNicole

Share this episode: Extra Joy (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

WittyReference likes this.

Last edited by Marisela; 08-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm loving this episode so far. Hilarious guest. The convo with her roommate hurt my head. So glad I have never had to deal with that kind of craziness!
The Girl and WittyReference like this.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Cool new guest!

Keith mentioned Pirates of Silicon Valley, I remember enjoying that movie! And it was what the facebook movie should have been like imo.

PoSV was simply interesting. The Social Network's writing was mostly grating (to me).

One scene STILL annoys every time I think of TSN. MZ is at a disciplinary meeting for making a website that was so popular it crashed the campus internet, at the hearing he says this:

The Social Network - Harvard's Ad Board - YouTube

(While making his website MZ had written the algorithm for the website on his dorm room window in permanent marker).

In the movie MZ's line at the end of that clip was meant to be like "Zuckerberg totally owned him!"

But when the internet goes down why would anyone start looking at the windows of all the dorm rooms, who would randomly assume that the person who made the website had first written about it in marker on their window?!

The "badass" "gnarly" lines in the movie made me cringe even the ones that weren't as ridiculous, like the "what's cool is a billion dollars" line. All of them were still gross.

Maybe the difference with PoSV is that they were just showing these people and events but it wasn't written like, "look at this cool guy! I wish I was him and this is my fantasy of the awesome things I would say!"
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
when the internet goes down why would anyone start looking at the windows of all the dorm rooms, who would randomly assume that the person who made the website had first written about it in marker on their window?!
I dream of a world that notices more movie mistakes. The current one where "Who gives a shit, nerd" seems...harsh.

Harsh, but fair.
WittyReference and New here like this.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

I lived in a bad neighborhood after college (okay, Wisconsin, so I understand it's a baby version of "bad neighborhood"). But we had the standards -- 15 people living in one bedroom apartments, used condoms and needles all over the parking lot, toddlers running around unattended wearing only a diaper, dudes pissing right outside my window, garbage thrown all over the place, constant cooking fires forcing us to evacuate, lots of domestic violence, etc. But my rent was $400. It was fucking awesome. The only reason I moved was because the roof started leaking and my living room ceiling caved in because the landlord was a cheap fuck and refused to fix it. Now I'm paying $1000 and don't have nearly as much fun money.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Blitzgal. Bad neighborhoods are great because they have cheap rent. Cheap rent = fun money aka drug money. Plus, all the neighbors deal drugs, which is really convenience at it's best.

Define Win-Win.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

I admit I never had to duck bullets coming through my walls or anything like that. If I kept my door locked I felt secure. After I moved out, a guy was murdered in the neighboring building in a drug deal gone bad (neither person actually lived at the complex). That would've freaked me out.

The neighbor kids were amazingly sweet. When I was moving, it was under extreme conditions, my living room ceiling being on the floor and everything. I had to give away some things to reduce my crap, so I invited a bunch over to go through my PS2 games and take what they wanted. This one kid looked at my bookshelves and wistfully said, "I've never seen so many books." My heart broke for him. I wanted to take him to the library right then and there.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Joyelle was really cool. Had a touch of the Patrices about her which was nice.

So, I was all sort of on Bradley Manning's side in the aftermath of the verdict and then I read this, this evening and all I could do was face palm...

Bradley Manning: Jailed US soldier says he is a woman and wants to be called Chelsea - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

You facepalm because she's transgendered?

She went into the military to try to "fix" her feelings and "be a man." It didn't work.
Keith, jjamis and WittyReference like this.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm with Dean. I understand that Gender Identity Disorder is a real thing and obviously if Lauren can identity male, this guy Bradley can identify female.

The problem, (in my view) is that is distracts from the bigger, national issue, which is the American Government is committing war crimes. This is what Bradley exposed.

Now, it's just going to be about Chelsea. Sad.