Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Ben Affleck as the new Batman
Yes 34 38.20%
No 55 61.80%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree36Likes

Old 08-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

Looks like Mike will get his wish for Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor though.
Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston 'to play Lex Luthor in Man Of Steel sequel' - News - Films - The Independent
JSZilla and Enunciated Piffle like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdave View Post
Looks like Mike will get his wish for Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor though.
Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston 'to play Lex Luthor in Man Of Steel sequel' - News - Films - The Independent
Alright, now I'm looking forward to it. But they could release a sequel to two girls, one cup and if it had Bryan Cranston in it, I would be looking forward to it.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD14 View Post
I don't think Ben Affleck will be as bad as many people think. Even though he isn't an amazing actor, I think he's capable of surprising people.
He can't possibly be any worse than Mr. Mom playing Batman.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Mike Lawrence thinks Jason Lee is a better actor than anyone, never mind Ben Affleck. It's hard to listen to him say anything after this.

Tony Mendez is mostly Irish. He just has a bunch of other things in him. Like, you know, Americans.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

I never said that Starscream!!! (Please imagine me saying this in the classic Megatron voice). Lee's Southern accent was terrible in My Name Is Earl. But he was the best part of those Smith films. He also peaked with them.

It was just funny at the end of Argo when they show the actors and their real-life counterparts and Affleck looks nothing like Mendez in those pictures. Just not my first choice to play a Mendez, but I understand the director was a bit biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Mike Lawrence thinks Jason Lee is a better actor than anyone, never mind Ben Affleck. It's hard to listen to him say anything after this.

Tony Mendez is mostly Irish. He just has a bunch of other things in him. Like, you know, Americans.
JSZilla likes this.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikeLawrence View Post
I never said that Starscream!!! (Please imagine me saying this in the classic Megatron voice). Lee's Southern accent was terrible in My Name Is Earl. But he was the best part of those Smith films. He also peaked with them.
Well, I agree with the peaked part. He has one schreechy setting. It's barely even acting, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikeLawrence View Post
It was just funny at the end of Argo when they show the actors and their real-life counterparts and Affleck looks nothing like Mendez in those pictures. Just not my first choice to play a Mendez, but I understand the director was a bit biased
I know. Your first choice would be Luis Guzman. Because you want your movie taken seriously.

I was wrong though, it was not hard at all to listen to the rest of the episode. Your on-the-spot analogies are always amazing. Even when they're incorrect.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

It totally fit Smith's clunky dialouge. And nothing else

And it's the Internet. We're all incorrect all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Well, I agree with the peaked part. He has one schreechy setting. It's barely even acting, really.

I know. Your first choice would be Luis Guzman. Because you want your movie taken seriously.

I was wrong though, it was not hard at all to listen to the rest of the episode. Your on-the-spot analogies are always amazing. Even when they're incorrect.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFetch View Post
These comic book movies are not for us nerds anymore. They are for normal people to take their girlfriends to. That's why there is a love story in every story even if it doesn't fit. If you get upset because the person playing a character doesn't fit the version you made up in your head, then you aren't the audience it's targeted to. It's ok though, because they know you are going to see it no matter what because you can't help yourself. I came to this realization after the last Spider-Man movie made no connection with me. It's not being made for Spider-Man fans anymore. It's made to make the most money possible.
I see the point you are trying to make however I disagree based on the Spiderman movie. Peter ALWAYS had a love interest tie in with all of his story lines just a crucial part of his character. Most comic purist I knew didn't like it because it wasn't the traditional story but I found it to be very good in a comic book sense and in a theatrical sense as well.

It is a cash grab I'll agree but the funny thing is Superman to me was the most comic book movie of all time and the critics railed it for not having enough heart. Most comic book nerds I know loved it and thought it was epic all in all and the people I know who didn't like it were more fans of the Christopher Reeves movies.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Have to give Mike credit for saying he'd admit if he was wrong about Ben though. It's Batman people, he's not that complex at least not in a theatrical sense. He whispers and says the occasional one liner, I think Affleck can handle that much.