Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is shape-shifting possible?
Yes 2 2.30%
Maybe 22 25.29%
No 63 72.41%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree58Likes

Old 10-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
Very entertaining episode.

Maybe this guy wants to attract the scifi/Joe Rogan-y type large audience. Joe Rogan used to believe conspiracy theories like faked moon landing but seems to have left conspiracy theories behind nowadays.
Shape-shifting seems different to me than conspiracy theories.

Unless the conspiracy is that we can't shape-shift.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Oh, come on. I could say negative things, but I'll only say this...

I'll never trust the opinion of someone that thinks Waterworld was a great movie.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Unless the conspiracy is that we can't shape-shift.
Lol.

Yeah I agree the two are different. And even within conspiracy theories there's a difference between JFK conspiracy theories and lizard people conspiracy theories. The latter may be a little closer to the scifi realm whereas the former is more in the political/espionage/"bourne identity" realm.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm 99.9% sure Exit Through the Gift Shop was a...I don't want to say hoax, but not a documentary. I follow street and pop art and I'd never heard of Mr. Brainwash before Exit came out...or at least not until they started promoting the movie.

When I younger I had an idea to make a HUGE trailer for action movie starring Bruce Willis but the hero dies right away and the whole movie is 12 minutes long and NOTHING from the trailer is in the movie. It ends with a plea to the audience not to give away the ending to anyone.

Opening credits
Bruce: Hold it right ther-BANG!!
Bruce: and I'm dead.
Closing credits
Host What's Up Amsterdam Podcast
I knew Bob Crane, I partied with Bob Crane, you sir, are NO Bob Crane
Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

Listening to the beginning of this show about being allergic to your pet (I'm a day behind so I'm not going to the other thread, I do what I want).

I am allergic to animals, more dogs than cats. However, I grew up with cats and you eventually become semi-immune.

With my last boyfriend we had a cat. We were irresponsible pet owners and the cat ended up getting fat and peeing a lot. That put me off of my love for cats, even though I had previously been obsessed, for almost ten years. I figured it was good for my health anyway.

When my female cat moved in with us, I realized how good life with cats can be if you are a responsible pet owner. For me, the sacrifice is not red eyes and sneezing, it's taking three drugs, combing the cats daily and vacuuming weekly.

Now I have two cats. My boyfriend's father, who is much more allergic than I am (think hospital) stayed with us for a week. We sectioned off one bedroom and one hallway. We vacuumed it, kept the cats out for a week prior, and put new sheets on the bed. He only took one allergy pill daily and he didn't feel anything close to sick at all. He would even play with our cats during the day.

It takes me 30-45 minutes a week to vacuum. It takes me 5 minutes a day to comb the cats. I take a generic Claritin and a nasal spray in the morning (I took the nasal spray daily pre-cats, and the Claritin occasionally due to weather). I take an Allegra at night which I also took pre-cat (seasonal allergies, as well as opening up my lungs for my sport).

That is less than an hour and a half of my life every week and a dollar or two a week for my allergies to have cats, who are basically the best. It's worth it.

I have a lot more things that I do for my cats, but this is primarily about my allergies so I will spare you. But I will tell you that it only brings the grand total of work that I don't enjoy to maybe two hours a week with the occasional trip to the best cat supply store ever (which I do enjoy, because they have cats in there). The litter, the food and the vet of course cost money, especially when your Tortie is a snob, but still worth it.

Also of note, my 17 year old son recently became a travelling hobo on purpose, and that may be skewing how much I'm supposed to be loving cats.
VividRave likes this.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for wording the poll this way instead of including the word "believe" somehow. I was sort of getting frustrated with Chemda's saying she didn't believe in these things. Saying "I don't believe in..." always feels like giving the other side too much credit. Like maybe ghosts exist, maybe shape shifting exists, but I don't believe it. No. These things are made up. So thanks for giving me that uncompromised option.
VividRave and WittyReference like this.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The government shutdown is preventing anyone from making a statement, but most speculate that the food stamp idiots will probably have their future benefits garnished. They'll be quite upset when they can't feed their kids next month because they ate steak this month. They still had to swipe their cards, the part that told them their balance was broken, the records exist.

Abu Graib isn't so bad because terrorists got stacked into Pyramids like they probably deserved. It's bad because we're the best country in the world, a beacon of freedom to the oppressed. Hard to make that argument with a straight face when pictures of people with American flags on their shoulders are circulating showing them walking unknown naked dudes like a dog.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I find that most people who say they have an open mind to the paranormal are actually looking for the paranormal. A pretty big difference. If you have an open mind you would look at all the possibilities. If you look for the paranormal all of a sudden you will see it everywhere. You could be thinking of a girl you knew and letting your mind wander you might look at your girlfriend and for a split second think shes someone else. But if your wanting a mystical explanation you will think, "she shape shifted" rather than, "I had a vivid day dream."
Old 10-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

The Pyschic Puppy Hour

New spinoff show. Think about it! You guys have that shit nailed!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

This episode was... mindnumbing. I came in for the last bit of the live feed and couldn't believe that you guys were taking him seriously. (kudos to you for doing better than I would have done in that department.)

But -- please don't have this guest back. He was just gross and irritating on many levels, from his lizard brain to his overuse of big words while saying nothing, to his smug attitude and his dating of 19 year old girls (who he would have liked to have babies with) -- he put a horrible taste in my mouth. I downloaded the episode just to hear the rest and understand where the batshit was coming from, and he irritated me the whole way through.

I would be far more likely to believe a story about the paranormal if someone a) wasn't the only person to see it and b) didn't seem so totally unaware of how crazy his stories sounded. I think any sane person confronted with shapeshifting would find it hard to just air that story out in the manner-of-fact way in which he told it. I myself don't have an automatic aversion to tales of the supernatural, as long as they're told with logic and science in mind, but he just seems like one of the new-agers that grabs onto any "cool" idea (like Native American spirituality) to pick up on the ladies and make himself feel cool.

Yuck, yuck, yuck. I really disliked this guest. Is there still a worst guest nomination for KATGuhs?

EDIT: And did anyone else notice how often he thought of another woman while in bed with his current? Seems more slimy than supernatural to me.
chelseagirl19 likes this.

Last edited by VividRave; 10-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.