Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

Question "In places like Israel East is to the left"

Sorry to bust on you...but 7 minutes and 52 seconds into the show I come across this gem. This is such an absurd comment. Come on Chemda, please tell me you were joking.

"In places like Israel, East is on the left"

huh?

It sounded like you said that with conviction. Like you really believed it.

If we are speaking about on a compass, then its never true. and if you meant which way you are facing, then while facing North, East will always be to your right and when facing south East is always to your left. This is true no matter what, no matter where you go all over the world. Go zoom out a bit on Frapper.

Love y'all,

"deuce is a fucking asshole, and one of the best you'll come across"....stjoe
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

Wow! Remote show?

I too am amazed at the sound on this episode. At first I didn't believe Keith when he said Chemda was in LA. Even the banter is right on. So....how DID they do it????
Old 12-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Keith don't say shit!!!!!!

every other podcast'll steal it.... Right on btw
Old 12-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
Keith don't say shit!!!!!!

every other podcast'll steal it.... Right on btw
Huh?
A crappy show with GREAT sound quality is not going to be listened to for very long. Why should KATG be threatened by that?

Now, if you want to talk about them making money off of this information, that I can see.

So, for example, Keith could say if you want to know how we did it, send me $1 (or whatever) in a stamped, return-addressed envelope. This seems fair to me.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Not only did the show sound great, but the volume level was much better than it has been of late.

I've only been listening for a month or so now, so any time there's an extended break between shows I go back and listen from the beginning. What amazes me is that you guys sounded almost the same back then as you do now. I expected when I listened to show # 1 that you'd be rough around the edges, but that's just not the case. Naturals maybe?

About the advertising. I think you guys should look into hiring (on commission) someone who can concentrate on marketing and advertising. I bought a shirt already, but that $15 can only go so far, right? Also, IMHO, I'd suggest advertising along the lines of product placement (brought to you by...) rather than canned ads.
325|1:16:08|"They're not a balding racist."
Old 12-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm guessing chenda might have just had a better (faster) wifi connection in her swanky hotel, so the skype quality overall was better.

They did it via their usual method: both of them record their own side of the conversation and the 2 tracks are just added together...

My guess anyway
Old 12-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
mkl

"so the skype quality overall was better."
I thought before they weren't even using Skype, they were each calling on cell phones or something and recording it? Maybe I am mistaken...
Old 12-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSLIN
So, for example, Keith could say if you want to know how we did it, send me $1 (or whatever) in a stamped, return-addressed envelope. This seems fair to me.
It would to lefty wackass democracts.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmunich
I'm guessing chenda might have just had a better (faster) wifi connection in her swanky hotel, so the skype quality overall was better.

They did it via their usual method: both of them record their own side of the conversation and the 2 tracks are just added together...

My guess anyway
No thats not how it worked.

How they do the show, is that chemda and keith BOTH have microphones in where they are, connected to a computer recording. They talked over a crappy cell phone, but at the same time both of them were recording what they were saying into the computer. Then chemda e-mail's the file across and they are put together to create one file.

The reason this one sounds better than previous ones is because on previous trips Chemda had a crappy mic... Or she hadn't set it up properly because she was busy etcetc. If you listen to the previous shows keith always sounded perfect. It was just Chemda's mic not set up well.

So if you are around Chemda, Congrats on a great mic setup on the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce
Sorry to bust on you...but 7 minutes and 52 seconds into the show I come across this gem. This is such an absurd comment. Come on Chemda, please tell me you were joking.

"In places like Israel, East is on the left"

huh?
I think that Chemda was referring to the fact that when you are in Israel, the "west bank" is actually on the East. This kinda makes things a bit confusing, but you can see why it is called the west bank because it is on the west of the river. but when you are in Israel... effectively the west bank is East!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldier
How they do the show, is that chemda and keith BOTH have microphones in where they are, connected to a computer recording. They talked over a crappy cell phone, but at the same time both of them were recording what they were saying into the computer. Then chemda e-mail's the file across and they are put together to create one file.
You figured out the secret. Ohh noes!@!!!@!!!$#@!!!@!!!!!!!!