Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you get candy or the note?
38 61.29%
24 38.71%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

Old 11-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
i demand to see BW's penis to see if he's a gentile.
Yeah, that figures. It's all in the name of "research".
flerchin and Scumhook like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

The vine for this show is hands down one of the funniest I've ever seen. Victor is one of the best.

Also congratulations to Danny for winning the rap battle.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I'm in Minnesota right now and all I see anywhere are bars and breweries. I'd never heard of a growler before I came here. On menus, they don't even bother listing soda or iced tea, I have to figure out how to ask every time. Usually I end up saying, "Where are your normal drinks?" But that's pretty dumb. The normal drinks are the alcoholic ones.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

The Ellen Page thing is actually interesting because it is a unique case specific to a video game.

Ellen Page absolutely has a "no nudity" clause in her contract. The issue is that the shipped game contained a nude character model. In the game the shower scene is an in-engine cutscene (The camera and controls are taken away while you watch an event happen). If you were playing the game you have no way to move the camera or see anything that would breach her contract. In order to see anything, you have to load the game on a developer version of the console or rip out the data and scrub through it. Either of these methods have a fairly high barrier to entry.

The issue becomes did the developers do something wrong by having it on the disc, or was it enough to just make it impossible to see during gameplay?

As for why the model would be in there in the first place, it is very likely that it is a stock model with some modifications that they put Page's head onto. These type of models are meant to look realistic from silhouette or out of focus. Many times they are made before they know what they are going to be used for/what is going to be used for. The artist would do a thorough job without any lasciviousness, but just to make sure that the people that are directing the scenes have everything they need. They have many details but are not completely anatomically correct (They have breasts and nipples, but no genitals).
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino Jerk View Post
The issue becomes did the developers do something wrong by having it on the disc, or was it enough to just make it impossible to see during gameplay?
The fact that we're talking about it means that it was not impossible to see.

But as someone obviously in that world, do you hope that this goes away? Is this a freedom you think programmers need to have?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
If I were laid back my answer would have been just a simple, "Yes." my verbose "No" highlights why I'm not.
Also I find that song you linked to heavier than "heavy metal." Of course you're a mess.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
The fact that we're talking about it means that it was not impossible to see.

But as someone obviously in that world, do you hope that this goes away? Is this a freedom you think programmers need to have?

I tried to make the distinction by saying "during gameplay", but i should have been more specific and said "normal gameplay". In order to see the contract breaching nudity, you need to open a developer console that can only be done on specialized hardware that is licensed and distributed by Sony. It is impossible to be "stumbled upon" and requires specific steps that have a higher barrier to entry.

As far as the rest goes, I'm kind of neutral on it. The developers were stupid in not censoring out the nipples once they knew they weren't going to be seen, but I don't know if that fixes the issue. In other games, the safeguard against an issue like this would by having the shower scene be a high res video. This would make the scene essentially a movie and the camera would be just as impossible to manipulate. The only way to make it so people couldn't eventually look at a fake Ellen Page's computer-generated butt would be to take away control absolutely by cutting to a video. The developers should have thought of this, but I don't think they were being overtly negligent or malicious, but they may be in the wrong.

Part of this is that Page and her people probably didn't have a firm understanding of what is involved in rendering a scene in a video game. Unlike in film, if it is off the frame, it is still there. That is why it is an issue unique to games. It is like watching a stage production, except you are able to fly around and view the scene from any angle. The nature of the medium creates a whole lot of things to be considered that aren't necessary problems or downfalls, but do require understanding in order to create your work in a responsible way.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
You did need a special debug version to see it in order to move the camera.
Are programmers not people now? Or does her no nudity clause say "no nudity unless of course some people want to have some password protected nudity and promise to keep it to themselves and really I don't why we're even bothering because that goes without saying."
Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I couldn't vote on today's poll. "Candy" or "Note" You needed one more choice "Fuck you".
Scumhook likes this.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You put nipples on the model so you can tell if they're visible in the shot. Probably should have colored them green or something though.