Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you an atheist?
Yes 63 70.00%
No 27 30.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPPL View Post
First of all, Troy was a great guest and I look forward to him being on the show again. He has all the great traits of a solid KATG show guest.

This being said, I was with him up until he made the proclamation "Libertarians are homophobes." That is why he made the 'Flamers' movement.

To my knowledge, Libertarians are obnoxious not because they hate gays. It's because they want liberty to extend so far that it allows too much freedom for corporations and the market. Just because their base is white people; does not mean that they are the dogmatic, hateful right wingers like the Republican party.

Troy is funny. He is smart. I expect more from someone of his ilk than to make blanket generalizations and what's worse; take his own biased assumptions as fact.
Troy here - I did indeed say on the show that "Libertarians are homophobes." but that was in error. I meant to say "The Tea Party." Of all the libertarians I know, not one has ever hinted at being homophobic. Libertarians, despite being extreme at times, are for the most part very "live and let live" people. The Tea Party also exhibits some libertarian ideas, but there are so many nutty right-wing elements that have permeated that group that it could hardly be called Libertarian. They also made mockery easy.

So thanks for calling me out on my egregious error, you are 100% right. And thanks for the nice words, I had a blast on the show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Troy made a comment about being agnostic and an atheist (from memory). I would like more info on this stance. Did I mis-hear or wtf??

I voted No on the poll because I still can't 100% discount "something" being out there.

and @OLDPPL, when u post, I feel your username is yelling at me. Fuck you.
I get this question a lot, and am happy to clarify. I say I am an atheist because I don't believe in the deities that humans have manufactured as a shortcut for explaining what we don't understand.
I also identify as agnostic because I fully embrace the idea of "not knowing." I do think something is "out there", but I think it is this: A universe that has always existed.

In short: I don't believe in a god, and I don't know anything. I hope this makes some sense, and thanks for the note!
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #43 (permalink)

It is simple really. You just have to weigh one side, then weigh the other side. When you look at both sides you can see all the issues. You have god, you have nothing and all the while you have this possibility that there just isn't enough information to decide. Surely you can see the decision is obvious. Carry on.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tconrad View Post
I do think something is "out there", but I think it is this: A universe that has always existed.

In short: I don't believe in a god, and I don't know anything. I hope this makes some sense, and thanks for the note!
Thanks for the well-worded clarification. I would like to see you back, maybe on a serious WMN (as opposed to the non-serious and rather rambunctious KATG) with hordes of atheists lined up against you (the horde being cHemmo and maybe Mikey).

I guess the "thiest" bit means "god-ish" so I guess if you don't believe in a traditionally defined deity, you're technically an atheist, but I'd bet that most of these atheists would lean to the agnostic side if they discussed it openly.

Thanks for being a great guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego View Post
Carry on.
Fuck you.
DJQuad likes this.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego View Post
It is simple really. You just have to weigh one side, then weigh the other side. When you look at both sides you can see all the issues.
It makes perfect sense and is very simple. Thanks for the input.

I like bananas, trigonometry, PHP coding, bitcoins, and movies. You're on my side?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #46 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Fun to rehear this show and to relive crazy adrian.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #47 (permalink)

Great ep to hear again. Aces10+
The Girl likes this.