Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: KATG Storytellers
I'm a fan. I'd like it to keep going. 94 57.67%
Boo! End that shit now. 69 42.33%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree68Likes

Old 12-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1892: What's Your Story?

KATG Storytellers with Cyndi Freeman

www.twitter.com/CyndiFreeman1

Share this episode: What's Your Story? (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

i like stories. i like the little break it gives for y'uns to hang out in chat. i don't like them every day. i like keithandchemda banter more. is why i listen to the show. less regular segment, please?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
less regular segment, please?
Agreed.

It's like Keith and Chemda radically changed the show. They're 'trying something new' but when you 'do the new thing' every time, every day, every show - that's called radically changing the show. The Ophirea one was awesome. Just a great story that anyone can relate to. Now I want to hear Keith rip into the News. Chemda comment on her life and relationships. A GUEST to tell a story.

FOR FUCK SAKES I WANNA HEAR A 'THIS IS DANNY WRITING IN FROM THE COUCH!!' How long has it been?? I feel like it's been weeks, if not months!

Look. It's a testament to the show. The show dynamic was perfect.

Also, people don't like change. It scares them. Personally, I'm terrified. Maybe a heads up next time would be appropriate. A 'hey KatG fans we're going to be doing this story thing format for the next two weeks' hope you enjoy it and get fucked if you don't. You know. Courtesy.

Anyways, I'm in either way. KatG can do no wrong. When you have fans who have been listening for years, to a specific format though, don't be surprised when you change something, that they bitch.

Also-Also, if you are KatG fan who DOES NOT have VIP and complain - shame on you. The show is free. You don't support it. You have no right. Shut your unsupportive, filthy whore mouth(s).
Old 12-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Love Spell

I realize that free shows are up for a limited time only. That being said, I put a link to the "Love Spell" episode on my Facebook page because I loved it so much!

I have a loud laugh and when I busted out laughing on the train platform, I scared a few people.

Last edited by evridon; 12-13-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm into this. I think it's a nice way to be holiday-ey without being so gay about it.
focusthief likes this.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Long time listener first time forum poster :P

I voted for the second option in today's poll, but the wording for that is a little bit harsh. The stories are high quality and interesting but I listen to KATG when I'm wanting something comedic, something fun, and something with the pace and rhythm we've all come to love about the show.

When the stories come on it breaks that rhythm and it's a bit jarring.

I wouldn't mind listening to them on the odd occasion like once a week, on a regular day, when we can expect it, but I'm usually not in that more serious kind of mood when I listen to KATG; when I am in that sort of mood I listen to This American Life.

Keep doing the stories, just not every day.

I've just got to say I'm very grateful you guys do the show for free for us every day and I don't want to sound like a wanker by giving my opinion. I'll continue to listen to you guys happily no matter what you decide.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love stories, but it just seems really awkward and artificial in this format. Storytelling podcasts do a great job, but in this format, Keith and Chemda listen to a story, and then we listen to a story, and then they tell us about their reaction to the story which they heard hours or days ago, but that we just seconds ago, and it all just comes off weird.

The whole dynamic of the show has always been quick paced, real time interactions and discussion, with occasional wild tangents and going off on a roll of jokes on some concept, and the stories break it up into something much more artificial and it all seems staged and inauthentic in comparison to the normal feeling of listening to friends banter.

I think it was a great idea and experiment, and doesn't need to go away entirely, but it should be much less frequent... and maybe curated a bit more.

Maybe I'm just jaded since I do love story telling so much and listen to things like 99% Invisible, This American Life, etc, which tell stories with a surgical precision that puts these basic little stories to shame.

I take pictures.
You like pictures?
I take them.

Here, Taste my pictures

Or, Get Creeped at http://OldCreeper.com

Last edited by Mandias; 12-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

I like the show, and I'm enjoying the storyteller stuff. I dunno. I think the stories are interesting and I enjoy hearing Keith and Chemda talk about it afterwards.

So, yeah. I like the regular format and I also like this format, so it's win/win for me.
evridon and basikly like this.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

I fell asleep
Old 12-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Ophira! Ophira!!

Ophira is the storyteller who really grabbed me this week because she's brilliant, has a great voice, all around smoother then the others and she's a KATG favorite so I'm already interested. I think people were harder on the other storytellers since they hadn't been guests first.
Today's storyteller should have told that story without acting out the characters. It felt too stagey for this show. When Keith and Chemda talked about the same story it was way better. I like how Keith and Chemda riffed on all the themes this week and the stories that the stories reminded them of. That was the best part of the experiment. Because we want the banter most of all.
Every so often, if they're as good as Ophira's, or short, or from one of your regular guests who can spin one- stories would get my vote but that wasn't on the ballot. Happy holidays KATG!
evridon likes this.