Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You heard the sports talk. Is Keith sexist?
Yes. Chemda's right about Keith. 37 35.24%
No. Keith is fine. 68 64.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree64Likes

Old 12-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I coached my wife's softball team. I coached my daughter's softball team.

I loved doing both.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #32 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Fuck you.
mr slug and Scumhook like this.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fuck me? Ok.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

I'm confused. Wasn't the religious bullshit already hashed out months ago?

I think I got labeled an agnostic atheist, a term I have never heard of. I guess I lean atheist but since I don't know 100% an alien named God or something created us that might be an actual deity. Perhaps a 4th dimensional being. I dunno. Therefore I can't be an atheist. Are any of these possibilities likely? I highly doubt it. I'm not entirely open to the idea. I just don't know. I don't care either. I also refuse to believe we, in this ENTIRE huge universe, are so goddamn special, and on top of that ONE GROUP on the entire planet which has an oddly specific dogma and way of worship that their ideology is the ONLY and CORRECT path. That's stupid. Also, all of our religions have too many issues or holes somewhere.

So I am a shit head who doesn't want to commit? I'm confused. Or am I an atheist and don't know it? lol

Which is strange because everyone I met who identifies as agnostic subscribes to what I said. You don't know. Don't worship or feel a need to. You're open to it but it isn't important. Therefore you are agnostic. I'm confuzzed.

Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...

Last edited by JSZilla; 12-22-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Well, they're not exclusive. Agnosticism doesn't replace your atheism. The way agnosticism is defined, you pretty have to be agnostic in addition to your other beliefs. In fact, everyone (even religious people) has to be agnostic unless they've actually met God. Calling someone an agnostic atheist is like saying they're a human atheist. That's why it's so silly when someone openly expresses that they're agnostic.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #36 (permalink)

See...I quit. I may just be a Pastafarian or Cthulhu worshiper after this. That is yet another definition I have never read/heard of for agnosticism.

Isn't that just nitpicking though? Pedantic beyond? No?
Old 12-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
You don't go watch your girl play baseball because you love baseball. You go watch your girl play baseball because you love your girl. If your love of your girl doesn't outweigh your hate of the game, you're in the wrong relationship.

That's just good science.
Exactly.

This entire conversation about 'sexism' is wayyy off track. It should have began and ended with a person who wasn't doing right by their partner. The guy should have intuitively known his gal needed him at a game or two. The gal should have the skills to communicate this after the fact.

We're essentially discussing a bad relationship. Who the fuck knows ALL the factors? This is why I hate when 'sexism' is so arbitrarily thrown into an argument. It just confuses things further.

Also, it's true that sexism has informed our opinion of female sports. Think about it. If women were treated exactly the same as men, throughout history, this would affect their impact on things like sports. Women would have more: role models, influence on the game, and ultimately more fans.

All this being said, it's totally irrelevant to the matter at hand. It's as Keith and BroLo and nearly anyone else will tell you. Women's basketball and baseball are boring as fuck. Getting into the specifics of how and why is a moot point when in the context of 'Hey why won't my man go to the game?"

Your man is either bored or uncaring or both. Figure it out. Don't ask a man for advice about another man and then get upset when the answer isn't politically correct enough to your liking.
WittyReference likes this.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #38 (permalink)

I don't think Keith is sexist because the point he was arguing was about enjoyment of the game, not mere gender politics.

More people watch Olympic Men's hockey because the competition and athleticism is higher. Although the Canadian Men's hockey team usually wins the Gold (and is almost always in the Gold Medal game, regardless), the US team, Russian, Swedish, Czech, etc, etc Men's hockey teams are very good and so it's exciting to watch because there's no real guarantees about where the teams will place.

With the Olympic Women's hockey team, I can't remember a time when the Canadian Women weren't in the Gold Medal game and they almost always win! Their only real competition is the American Women's team. There's been games where the Canadian Women have won like 11 - 0. That's ridiculous. Why watch that?

Now, I get that the Olympics is different than something like the WNBA where I assume the teams are all relatively evenly matched. Well, in that case one factor is that the athleticism is probably not as high as it is with the NBA, and two, women's sports (aside from tennis) just don't get broadcast as much as men's sports. Maybe the WNBA is great, but who would know? The NFL is broadcast on major networks every time a game is on.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #39 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith's trying to say that he only watches the top level of any sport, and that some sports (he gives the example of baseball) are boring even when he's watching the best of the best.

He could watch college football but he usually doesn't because it's not the top level of the sport. Most people, not just guys, feel exactly the same about that. I mean, have you ever watched diving when it wasn't at the olympics?

Men are typically stronger and more athletic, so you've got to expect mens sport to be a bit more exciting to watch and that being the case, Keith will continue to watch the mens games but it's got nothing to do with gender politics.

The boyfriend of the woman who's playing her sport should go watch. It's boring to watch anyone play just about anything but he should go a few times to support her. She'll gets shitty at him for looking bored senseless in the stands and tell him not to come anymore anyway.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #40 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

For some sport the Men's version is just better, if this were not true the WNBA would be on TV right alongside NBA games, or on the collegiate level ladies softball would be as well attended as men's baseball but they are not.

Now if your lady friend has a hobby playing a sport for at least 1/4 of the games you charge up the iPhone go sit in the stands and see what new level of candy crush you can get to. Your only out is if some higher quality male sport that you have a well stated affinity for is on TV. That's your girlfriend if you can't find it within yourself to be nice to her you might need a new G/F