Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a redditor?
Yes 25 36.76%
No 43 63.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree23Likes

Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Never could understand the appeal of Matthew McConaughey, looks or talent. Am I missing something????
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

You're going to be on Risk, YES!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie77 View Post
Never could understand the appeal of Matthew McConaughey, looks or talent. Am I missing something????
Well, with his first major role Dazed in Confused he was able to pull of the smarmy creep really. From about 1996-2009 he was able to use what a lot of women, I assume, feel are really good looks to bring people to watch disposable romantic comedies where he plays a good looking cocky guy who changes for the right woman. Or he would do some goofy action movie like Reign of Fire or Sahara to bring guys to the theaters. And then in 2009, presumably after having raked in enough money, he decided to do independent films like Bernie, Mud, or Dallas Buyer's Club that don't bring in a lot of cash, but he gets acclaim for. He's still usually a cocky guy in these movies, but it's played as a bad thing that undermines the actions of the characters. I don't know if that's much of an acting stretch, but he is definitely great in the movies he's selected these days. Maybe he is finally living up to his hype as the new Paul Newman.
JSZilla and Enunciated Piffle like this.

Last edited by jpj1421; 01-14-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie77 View Post
The formula goes like this.

Constantly walking around movie scenes shirtless, (w/ abs) + southern accent, divided by how many times he smiles in that 'aw shucks' way = personality/ substance.

His relevance has always been based on looks, but the movie Mud - surprisingly good.
Marie77 likes this.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The one where he's always naked with the southern accent while also remaining clueless?
Enunciated Piffle and Marie77 like this.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpj1421 View Post
I take it that you guys haven't seen a Matthew McConaughey movie in the last four years as he seems to have taken his money from those really dumb movies from the early 2000s and decided to be a real actor for awhile.
Dallas Buyer's Club was pretty good. I'm not surprised Jared Leto stole the show. His character had a time. Who knew AIDS could make a feel good movie? And teach a homophobic redneck about treating people right once he gets HIV and tries to sell drugs/vitamins to other HIV infected folks? Of course during all of this he raked in money on the side. Does some jerking off. The usual. I cried. Just a little. At the end.

EDIT: Hey, he was kinda funny and a bit of a bad ass in Killer Joe. Albeit an asshole. The funny kind.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...

Last edited by JSZilla; 01-14-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The one where he's always naked with the southern accent while also remaining clueless?
You just destroyed his entire approach to acting..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That's about what I get when I watch any of his movies
Old 01-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
The formula goes like this.

Constantly walking around movie scenes shirtless, (w/ abs) + southern accent, divided by how many times he smiles in that 'aw shucks' way = personality/ substance.

His relevance has always been based on looks, but the movie Mud - surprisingly good.
Looks like I need to watch Mud.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

There was something about the story that reminded me of reading The ADventures of Huckleberry Finn as a kid.

I'm just saying, if you HAD to endure a M.M. movie, that'd be the one. I haven't yet seen Dallas Buyer's Club , so I'm prolly wrong.

Wow. Nathan actually knows less about sports than Chemda. They should buy a black and white television, plug it into the wall, and have a Superbowl party. They could throw it sometime in June.

"Which team won the touchdown..?" - The Hatch
JSZilla likes this.