Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Chris Christie be the President of the United States?
Yes 2 3.23%
No 60 96.77%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
The money owed China influences policy and trade
Oh? Does it influence embargo prices?

em·bar·go
emˈbärgō/Submit
noun
an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country.
"an embargo on grain sales"

It certainly influences trade, which I readily stated. That's a far cry from what you said, though.

You said we can't possibly pay our debt to China, a demonstrably false statement. You also said China owns America, another demonstrable falsehood. Please explain.

As far as its policy impact, I would love to hear how you think it has a negative impact on policy.
flerchin likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
What do you think an embargo is, and why do you think we have an embargo with China?

We don't.
Well we certainly need one. America should be manufacturing and being more self reliant. I'd argue a big factor in our country falling apart is not being able to produce goods/ provide jobs.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

em·bar·go
emˈbärgō/Submit
noun
an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country.
"an embargo on grain sales"

It certainly influences trade, which I readily stated. That's a far cry from what you said, though.

You said we can't possibly pay our debt to China, a demonstrably false statement. You also said China owns America, another demonstrable falsehood. Please explain.

As far as its policy impact, I would love to hear how you think it has a negative impact on policy.
I misused the term embargo. We have an embargo against places like Iraq and Cuba. My apologies. I'm dumb.

We can't pay our debt to China. If you think we can, simply by printing more US currency, than you're as bad as me at economics.

Where are you getting this 10% debt to China from? I can't give you examples of how debt has influenced policy...it just makes sense. Have you ever had an outstanding debt? How does this influence your actions?

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 01-15-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I misused the term embargo. We have an embargo against places like Iraq and Cuba. My apologies. I'm dumb.
Rule #1 - NEVER APOLOGISE!!!

If some wanker calls you out on misusing a word, this is the time to launch a vicious and personal counterattack, not to fold like a little bitch.

Control the discussion, and turn it around on them. Accuse them of homophobia and/or racism.

If you can work in proof that they are a pedophile or like fucking farm animals, then that's a bonus.

Before long, you'll have them weeping like a 5 year old girl who'd been kicked in the cunt for the first time.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Amen, Scummy. Amen.

Normally I would, but I'm tired. I'm also way out of my depth on this one. I contemplated attacking his patriotism, (for promoting Chinese made goods) but then I realized that I'd only masturbated like 2 or 3 times and should prolly have another go... There's also this delicious burrito from El Diablo for my eating pleasure... Just not feeling it tonight.

I dunno. Am I getting to sane/ or nice on here?? I have a reputation to maintain, after all.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, it fucking does if I say it does, you cocksucking little bitch. Maybe if you spent less time with you face in your mother's pussy, you'd understand how these things work.

Quote:
em·bar·go
emˈbärgō/Submit
noun
dave.NJ
noun
a fucking wanker who uses shit he copies out of dictionary.com to make his posts look moar interlecktual n shit.

Quote:
I would love to hear how you think it has a negative impact on policy.
Fuck you.
Perhaps you should explain how being forced to register as a sex-offender had a negative impact on your dating life.

I see "NJ" in your username clearly stands for "No Job", as you would have failed the IQ test to work with the rest of the windowlickers at Wendy's.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Amen, Scummy. Amen.

Normally I would, but I'm tired. I'm also way out of my depth on this one. I contemplated attacking his patriotism, (for promoting Chinese made goods) but then I realized that I'd only masturbated like 2 or 3 times and should prolly have another go... There's also this delicious burrito from El Diablo for my eating pleasure... Just not feeling it tonight.

I dunno. Am I getting to sane/ or nice on here?? I have a reputation to maintain, after all.
No wukkers.

Scummy's got ur back, bby.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dave is right, piff isn't and this could have been an interesting discussion but looking at the last post I'm not gonna even bother trying to explain why I think that.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

We can't pay our debt to China. If you think we can, simply by printing more US currency, than you're as bad as me at economics.

Where are you getting this 10% debt to China from? I can't give you examples of how debt has influenced policy...it just makes sense. Have you ever had an outstanding debt? How does this influence your actions?
Do you mean Iran? Not the same place.

As far as printing currency goes, that actually is how the US government has managed to historically reduce debt as a percentage of GDP, which is really the issue that matters. Debt financed growth has worked and continues to work by taking advantage of the desirable stability of US currency. In the past few years, we have been taking out debt at negative real rates, which means folks essentially pay us to hold their money. It's a sweet deal.

And no, I'm not as bad as you at economics, because I would never compare household debt to national debt. That's just stupid. National debt with the ability to print currency is entirely different. I can't pay my debt by simply creating more dollars. The US can. Not the same.

The US national debt is approximately 17 trillion, of which only 1.1 trillion is owed to China. That's less than ten percent. Again, you do not know what you are talking about.

If it just makes sense for this debt to influence policy, an example should be easy to find. That it isn't shows that you are incorrect. Deal with that and move on.

Last edited by DaveNJ; 01-16-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Again, you do not know what you are talking about.

You are right. I was talking out my ass and I appreciate you setting me straight. I should have kept my mouth shut about China. Kind of glad my ignorance/ arrogance led to this. Maybe I can refrain from looking like a fool on this subject in the future

I do maintain my prejudice against the Chinese government. I don't like their suppression of free speech. What's worse is American companies like Google assisting this suppression by setting up a censored search engine. I also think that having giant Walmart stores havinig exclusive low prices, via cheap goods from China - is bad for America. It chokes out local business and reinforces a Communist workforce that exploits workers.

There's an interesting documentary called 'Life and Debt' It is about how Jamaica took a loan from the IMF. The debt has dismantled their railroad and lowered their fruit value to the point where it's actually cheaper to buy imports than locally grown! You should check it out.

National debt concerns me. I guess I should be more informed on the subject. Again, thanks for setting me straight.
flerchin likes this.