Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Super Bowl Halftime Show
I'm okay with how they run the sound now. It's what they have to do. 27 47.37%
It's bullshit. They promised a "live" show. 30 52.63%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
get a saxophone to play in tune live in 35* weather
You mean like we did in high school marching band?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You made up your mind and are ignoring all the points I've brought up so that you're not wrong. Don't think we didn't notice.

And I don't care if Mia is insane or how insane she is. I see Soon Yi and I see Dylan and that's enough for me.
Your doing the same thing. You ignore any of the issues with Mia that leads to Dylan not being correct. Dylans testimony is a video tape that Mia made, the editing looks like it was stopped anytime Dylan would say anything going against what Mia wanted it to look like. The baby sitters and nanny's state that the incident that Dylan brings up didn't happen.
I'm not a fan of Woody Allen. I haven't seen any of his movies for besides Annie Hall and have not ever heard his comedy album. The facts just don't add up for this to be clear cut.
ImStillToni likes this.
The SSgt has it exactly right.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
You mean like we did in high school marching band?
yes, exactly that.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
You made up your mind and are ignoring all the points I've brought up so that you're not wrong. Don't think we didn't notice.

And I don't care if Mia is insane or how insane she is. I see Soon Yi and I see Dylan and that's enough for me.
Keith, I haven't ignored anything. I've addressed the points that can be. But you have made up your mind that Mia Farrow's equally sketchy life couldn't possibly put her credibility at stake.

And when I mentioned anyone doing anything about Allen adopting children, I meant Mia specifically. Why didn't Mia make a stink when he was trying to adopt?

Put yourself in the situation of being a parent of a child who was a used, follow the steps that Mia went through. Would you just drop it and move on? And if that person went to adopt other children, would you stay silent then and just let it happen?

If my daughters reported that someone molested them, I would have a very difficult time not killing them, and I sure as hell would never give up the fight. But even beyond that , I sure as fuck wouldn't be best friends with a man who admitted that he raped a child and doesn't come back to the states because he doesn't want to go to jail.

You talk about how disgusting the people are who work in Polanski and Allen's films, but you forget that Mia Farrow IS one of those people. Polanski raped a 13 year old girl and Mia Farrow is still one of his closest friends.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You're not listening. I don't care about Mia. I certainly don't care about Moses. Perhaps the same way you don't care that Mia had other witnesses as well.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
You're not listening. I don't care about Mia. I certainly don't care about Moses. Perhaps the same way you don't care that Mia had other witnesses as well.
I don't know Keith, I think I am. But I think you've resigned yourself to Allen being guilty no matter what the facts.

And you ignoring the possibility that Mia farrow has seriously questionable credibility, and in many ways acts completely different than that of a person whose child was molested.

Can you tell me that you'd be friends with an admitted rapist of a 13 year old if you were positive your child was molested?

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 02-06-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Yawners about lip syncing. I was shocked when I first realised it was the mainstay of "live" music on tv way back in the 80's but I'm so jaded now that it doesn't even raise a hackle. I saw the performance and as soon as I saw whoever now plays guitar for the RHCP, I could tell he wasn't playing live as he was to busy dancing like he was having an epileptic fit. I'm more surprised they actually went to the effort of recording a new version. Most of the time they just push play on the album that has all the fx and backing vocals that a live performance wouldn't have.

Just don't promote the show as live.

I definitely can't enjoy a music or comedy dvd as much as being there at the time.

"I'm all out of Butterflies..."
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
But if you say it's live, it should be live!
It's like "literally" not meaning literally anymore. We let it go so long, it doesn't mean what it once did. It's too late and it sucks, but the world has moved on. We can move with it or whine about to no avail.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
It's like "literally" not meaning literally anymore. We let it go so long, it doesn't mean what it once did. It's too late and it sucks, but the world has moved on. We can move with it or whine about to no avail.
Agreed. Although Rob Lowe's usage on parks is forgivable and, in fact, welcome... As it pokes fun at the idiotic overuse of the word.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I don't know Keith, I think I am. But I think you've resigned yourself to Allen being guilty no matter what the facts.
are you friends with Woody Allen or something?