Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Patrice, you were passing bad movie trivia about Ang Lee. He did not direct The Joy Luck Club (that was the unfortunately named, Wayne Wang). Lee directed The Wedding Banquet, The Ice Storm, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hulk.

Just sayin'.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneil
Patrice, you were passing bad movie trivia about Ang Lee. He did not direct The Joy Luck Club (that was the unfortunately named, Wayne Wang). Lee directed The Wedding Banquet, The Ice Storm, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hulk.

Just sayin'.
A geniuine My Bad on that one. Always thought Joy Luck was Ang Lee's first big US film. Never even heard of Wanye Wang in connection with the movie.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Keith,

Is it a good idea to use the "F" word in a prayer? I'd LOVE to hear your thought process on that. Or was that actually printed in the newspaper from Somerset?

Lickmy
Old 12-31-2005, 08:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice
A geniuine My Bad on that one. Always thought Joy Luck was Ang Lee's first big US film. Never even heard of Wanye Wang in connection with the movie.
That's okay, Patrice. I've been catching up on the KATG back catalogue and my defining principle is: Thursdays first. I can't remember what I was listening to yesterday but, for the record, those Daniella Westbrook pics in the British tabs with her nose falling off? Those are real. Not Photoshopped. She's had it fixed since then and as you probably know is Queen of The Chavs.

Also, Keith was talking about The Exorcist? Released in 1973. I was growing up in the US then. People were jumping off of buildings they were so petrified. I remember going to see The Bad News Bears (the original) and there were nuns handing out literature because The Exorcist was playing on the second screen. Parents were so freaked out after seeing the movie they would sit up all night and watch their kids as they slept. Huge cultural impact. Much vomiting and heart attacks in cinemas.

In fact, it was only a few years ago in Britain that they granted it a certificate for a video release--previously it had been feared that it would have a negative impact on teenage girls.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Low

Oh snap, I also got an iPod speaker system for christmas (click here) only to have my iPod fuck up a day later. Well, it didn't so much fuck up as it did fill up. Once it reached 10 gigs (six of which are Keith and The Girl shows) iTunes asked me if I wanted it to compile my favourite songs for me so I thought okay and clicked yes without realising that what it actually meant was 'I'll compile around fifty of your favourite songs for you then delete everything else from your iPod'. Now it won't let me put anything back on my iPod it and I can't even reset it.

Thanks a fucking bunch, Apple.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
A celebrity role model, you ask? I'd have to say Lance Armstrong makes the grade. Everything he's overcome and all he does with the LiveStrong foundation are probably cliche' to many, but there's no denying he's admirable.

Oh yeah. And I admit I've pissed in the sink before. Not out of spite, of course. That's just stupid.
Trouble is it is pretty much accepted that he does steroids....
Old 01-01-2006, 05:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

he has a freakishly large heart. i think thats it. he could probably be fat and still run a faster mile than most people just because of that. i personally doubt he uses steroids, he already has a huge advantage over a normal athelete. hes always been competetive and an asshole from what i have heard, kudos for gettin over cancer, but i wouldnt invite him for dinner.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

Whats the big idea, chief?

So its like that, huh?

YO! well, spooky get ready for this....

Last edited by deuce; 01-02-2006 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Cause now I am a decepticon, fool
Old 01-01-2006, 06:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
he has a freakishly large heart. i think thats it. he could probably be fat and still run a faster mile than most people just because of that. i personally doubt he uses steroids, he already has a huge advantage over a normal athelete.
It's not that I think he is a bad person for it. Cycling is different from a lot of sports in that it is assumed that steroids are used by all people. The poor drug testing system in cycling reflects this. It is sort of like saying... "arnold swarzenegar used steroids for bodybuilding". Well duh! Even if he had a horse's heart he wouldn't be able to compete without them; its expected. but he still shouldn't be a rolemodel for it

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/...302212352.html
Old 01-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Say Da tay!

Last month I finally got around to making a recipe from the Rachel Rays 30-minute cook-book my mother-in-law had got me. Sloppy Joes. You know how when youre making something halfway through cooking you know its going to suck. It smells too strong or not right and you begin to wonder if it really matters if you dont use such and such an ingredient? Im not going to buy a whole bottle of Truffle Oil just because this recipe calls for a teaspoon. Why cant someone come up with a cookbook that isnt full of recipes that use a bunch of ingredients that no one has? I mean, why cant they just call for sugar, salt, pepper, onions and garlic? And if they need something unusual, use it in more than one recipe! Dont make us go out and buy a five dollar bottle of such-and-such just to have us use a teaspoon! By the time youre done buying all these special ingredients, the meal costs you more than eating out and you have to do your own dishes.

Anyway I followed the recipe to a T and even bought stuff that I didnt already have and I gotta tell you Those Rachel Ray Sloppy Joes were the best Ive ever had!

As for that sleeze Glitter - Im amazed with the millions that Gary Glitter probably has he would just pay $2,000 to a family for raping their child! Sick fucking bastard. If he still gets royalties for his songs, they should stop playing them or a court should take Glitters royalties away and use the proceeds for Save The Children or something like that.

Keith What do they call it? Snowball

I havent seen Three Card Monte since the days of the old Times Square. There are usually at least three, if not four people the dealer, the friend who wins and the lookouts. Has anyone seem them at all? I'm waiting for the Times Square BID to bring them back as a nostalgic draw (only you won't be able to bet real money). Hey - you know Three Card would be a fun magic trick at a kids party.

Chemda: Randomly like at 2 oclock in the morning I was in Mexico...

The Limelight I have recollections of a bar on the upstairs north side, the dance floor, and thats it. Sad. I used to hit the clubs but a lot of the mid 80s to early 90s are a giant blur. I need an Uncle Rico time machine so that I can go back to 1982 and tell myself to keep a journal (and to put all the money I have in eBay). I have three photos of myself during that entire period and I remember things, but not as much as I should. The 80s were good though. Wrote about them here so I wont repeat myself.

Best quote of the show came from Patrice He adopted two kids who had nothing to do with him