Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you spent money on Patrice in any way?
Yes 23 19.17%
No 97 80.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree134Likes

Old 05-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

As a black man there are things that happen in my life that white men just don't quite understand. How can they, they aren't me. I do agree with flerchins original statement. But I'm willing to accept the fact that I apparently don't know shit about misogyny and perhaps can't recognize it unless it's in its most blatant forms. Just like any of my friends who aren't minorities have trouble recognizing subtle racism. Or their own bigoted thoughts, however unintentional. Even the examples in that Slate article seemed pretty weak, but maybe that's just me being a misogynistic asshole. Now I'm all fucked up... should I not be taking my dick out? That's all I have... THAT'S ALL I HAVE!
flerchin and Larion like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe I'm too male, or too white to understand the issue. That's hard to accept.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:19 PM   #53 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Jesus! Is her name even fucking Patrice??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Keith, Bucho, flerchin and 5 others like this.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:20 AM   #54 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Jesus! Is her name even fucking Patrice??
Who is Keyser Söze?
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 AM   #55 (permalink)

Red flag number one: Patrice is just called Patrice
She is one of the only guests on KATG that have no last name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
It's possible there's nothing to find. There's quite a few companies paying people to set up fake online identities to write positive product reviews and political 'support' or 'backlash' pieces in comments sections of online mags and newspapers, seemingly from ordinary members of the public. Astroturfing.
She claims to write professionally and uses KATG to promote, of all things, hellandheartaches.com. What do we find there? An 'About Me' section that again does not list her last name. In fact there are no credentials there except a poorly written sentence about her being a "Shorty Award Winning, Blogger’s Choice Awards Running Up". No links. Not even enough information to verify any such claim. Her LinkedIn account at https://www.linkedin.com/in/patricec states that her supposed Shorty Award was in 2010, but I don't see her in that list either... Shorty Award Winners Unveiled in New York City - The Shorty Awards Blog

I just wonder if it is all lies. Her stated education began at Mercy College in 97' (about 17 years old based on her posted kindergarten graduation date) and she received a BS in Liberal Arts a year later. Not only is it impossible to complete enough units to graduate in one year, Mercy College doesn't even offer such a degree title. I think she means that she did some general education there for a year. It is hard to tell if Patrice is intentionally lying about herself in her profile or if she is just that bad of a writer that it seems that way. I'm hoping it is the latter and here's why...

Patrice claims to have spent three years at NYU and graduated with a four year degree in digital media communication. If that is actually true, she should take NYU to court. I mean NYU, even back then, cost well over $25k per year for classes and books that were supposedly teaching her to be awesome at communicating in digital media. She should get all that money back. Then she could pay back Aldo and all the others she owes! However if she is lying about that too, then it means she is probably also lying about being kindergarten valedictorian. And that is a possibility I'm just not ready to face.
Keith, Bucho, memecherry and 4 others like this.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:18 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sandiego View Post
She is one of the only guests on KATG that have no last name.
callendar.
Keith and iheartnihilism like this.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:30 AM   #57 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Her name is Patrice Callender.

She doesn't necessarily hide that, but a sociopath wouldn't. We called her "Patrice" cause that's what she wanted. It didn't seem like a crazy request.

Googling her site, her last name comes up right away.

Chemda and I never believed she graduated college.

It's another one of those goofy lies where we thought: who cares. We'll make a comment on the show about it and move on. Whatever.

All of this fraud is news to us though.

Last edited by Keith; 05-31-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:35 AM   #58 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I always knew her name was Patrice Calendar - I was kinda being a smart arse. I say kinda because, fuck, does anything I thought I knew about this broad even stand up to scrutiny anymore??
Bucho likes this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 05-31-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:27 AM   #59 (permalink)

I always assumed that her page had once been great and I had just missed the glory days. She was great as the Gossip Queen and I'm sure she's capable of producing awesome original content. I can't believe that she is wasting all that funny by being an evil suckhole of a human being. Gah!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #60 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
I am lucky-I paypaled her 5 bucks for a monthly story that she wrote. Of course never got it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was thinking about doing that but decided not to because I've never seen her really write long form text.

Good to know I didn't miss anything