Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Last Chance
Keith 28 51.85%
Chemda 26 48.15%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 07-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yes. Women have the option, (hell we ALL have the option) to choose where we work. What happens when this is the only workplace available?

It's precisely why we have laws and regulations about what is appropriate in the work place. These women aren't lesser people. They are attractive women; in a sexy work environment.

It's incredibly dismissive to just assume they will be touched. IT IS A WORK PLACE for crying out loud. Some of you are acting like these women are just deciding to walk down a dark alley at night.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And what if they were. Is that somehow different?
Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Wouldn't choosing not to work there no matter what and having that place close down be more empowering?
To begin, I like your post. I liked it but then I read this last part.

What about the women who have no choice but to take these kinds of jobs? I mean, the tips have to be incredible. What about a single mother of two, who happens to have great tits and would like to work at a bar that tips well?

Sure. In the best of all possible worlds a place like this would be avoided. I certainly wouldn't want my daughter working there, but fuck it man, you gotta pay rent, cover bills, feed kids, gas up the car and the long list of other shit you do on the daily.

It's a capitalist society. We run on money. People are going to do what needs to be done to make ends meet. Can't we make it as humane and positive for everyone, as we can??
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Canines View Post
... happens to have great tits and would like to work at a bar that tips well?

I call bullshit. Pics or it didn't happen!
Keith likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Wouldn't choosing not to work there no matter what and having that place close down be more empowering?
You're smart and your post is thought provoking, but it is still written with bias.

You are a man who is not in this position. It is very easy for you and me, (me - I have a dick - not much of one but still a dude) to say what women should and should not do.

You don't have great tits. You don't have to work for tips. It's not the same.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

FUCK! Ya got me.

That's it. I retract all previous posts. Keith wins.

Now where is that delete button...
Buddhaful Queer likes this.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I haven't been seeing any poll updates from you, buddy. What's it say up top?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #28 (permalink)

Uh huh.

So how about that weather huh? Pretty hot in the summer...
Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This debate about the strippers is not even a debate. People should be aware of the risks of their jobs. Boss should find a way to protect the employees or it's exploitation and the employees could leave or sue.

Lets change to a different job with obvious risk: police.
"Oh em gee! A deranged individual is attacking me! I am surprised that this would happen to me as a police man/woman."

Keith's opinion as far as I understand: That policeman/woman is dumb for thinking that wouldn't happen.
Chemda's opinion as far as I understand: I disagree. The city should protect the police and people should behave.

Both opinions are not opposite opinions to begin with and I agree with both. I don't know why Chemda keeps debating. Keith gets my vote because Chemda shouldn't be surprised by Keith's dumb or blunt opinions because it's her fault for taking the job.
Alekseyev likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #30 (permalink)

Pretty sure Keith is saying that being groped is a known occupational hazard of working as a sexy waitress. The groping is wrong, but anyone working there should understand that there's a probability it will happen from time to time. Management should absolutely be throwing those people out, minimum. However Keith is 1000% right that if you work there you should be no more surprised than if you get an illegal hit in football.

Chemda is not hearing Keith and keeps turning the conversation toward a right vs wrong talk with regards to physical harassment. Keith's initial position did not say it was OK to do and he outright agreed with Chemda that those men groping the waitresses are unequivocally wrong (as I'd hope most people would).

If you work with kleptomaniacs, you might have some of your clientel steal from you. If you work with pervs, you might get groped. It doesn't make it right but if you really honestly are shocked by the possibility you're definitely too dumb to be responsible for yourself.
Keith likes this.

I'm in.
aka Straight Edge Greg