Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which dog is cuter?
Griswold 18 14.75%
Hugsy Malone 104 85.25%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree74Likes

Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshart69 View Post
Yeah, it really is a clusterfuck. Back to square 1, only now there are:
2,140+ dead,
11,000+ wounded
100,000 homeless
Good job Hamas and IDF! You buncha morons. You don't have to have a solution yourself to say that what happened was atrocious on both sides.

This is a great new piece out of the New Yorker talking about how AIPAC is losing it's influence and how there is a growing schism between the progressive Jews here in America vs. the crazy right-wingers in Israel (maybe DaveNJ would belong better over there).
Are American Jews Turning Against AIPAC?
Congrats on saying this is atrocious. Now what? You've done a great job wagging your finger here and taking potshots. To be fair, you've stopped saying things that are blatantly inaccurate (the missiles only travel one mile and aren't military grade, this constitutes ethnic cleansing, etc.), but that's because you've stopped really saying anything.

Thanks for the news recap, I guess? It beats just stating falsehoods, but what's your point?

Hamas held out for the same deal here. The port and airport are to be discussed in a month, but they've been under discussion for a decade. There's no reason to believe the projects will get off the ground. That means Hamas kept this war going for over a month in order to obtain the same deal.

It's face saving. Hamas is in control of Gaza, but they consistently need to find ways to maintain that control, and if residents of Gaza die, so be it.

But hey, bad things are bad. Canny observation, skeet. Your moral insight knows no bounds, even if your knowledge of the actual conflict here has proven to be rife with falsehoods.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
Since the Gaza conflict heated up, I started following some Gaza residents on twitter. The civilian toll there is unimaginably awful.

But what I'm finding very frustrating is that NONE... and I mean NONE... of the Gaza residents seem to place any blame for what's happening there on their own leadership or Hamas. In particular, I've noticed there's no mention of Hamas hiding out in - and firing military weapons from - residential areas. All blame appears to be focused squarely on Israel. Is it possible that what we're being told about Hamas's tactics are untrue? Or is there just so much blinding hatred that it doesn't matter?
Hamas? executions meant to deter, but reflect panic - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

Hamas has executed more than two dozen Gazans since the strike on Mohammed Deif. Hamas is popular among parts of the Gazan populace, but they also maintain a monopoly on force in the strip and are known to silence dissenters through violence and the threat of violence.

As for firing from civilian areas and using those areas as military caches, that's not an allegation, it's a fact confirmed by video evidence as well as reports from groups like UNRWA, which has found Hamas rockets in multiple schools operated by UNRWA.

It's worth noting something about the idea of Hamas' tactics not involving using civilian cover: in such a densely populated area, where the heck would Hamas be firing from if not from civilian areas? They don't have dedicated military bases, so where would the rockets even be coming from?
Old 08-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
Congrats on saying this is atrocious. Now what? You've done a great job wagging your finger here and taking potshots. To be fair, you've stopped saying things that are blatantly inaccurate (the missiles only travel one mile and aren't military grade, this constitutes ethnic cleansing, etc.), but that's because you've stopped really saying anything.

Thanks for the news recap, I guess? It beats just stating falsehoods, but what's your point?
Potshots? The reason I kept replying is that I'm consistently appalled at your complacency and even encouragement of Israel's tactics, which *do* amount to ethnic cleansing. You've done literally the same amount of nothing as I have, which makes me happy because I have a feeling you'd murder some of the 'other' if you had the chance. Nothing I've said has been false. You're simply amazingly stupid; bless your heart.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:54 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshart69 View Post
Potshots? The reason I kept replying is that I'm consistently appalled at your complacency and even encouragement of Israel's tactics, which *do* amount to ethnic cleansing. You've done literally the same amount of nothing as I have, which makes me happy because I have a feeling you'd murder some of the 'other' if you had the chance. Nothing I've said has been false. You're simply amazingly stupid; bless your heart.
You're not replying. You're just saying bad things are bad. So what? Bad things are bad, and in a world where groups like Hamas have access to guns, military grade weapons, money, and political support, things will continue to be bad. I agree that it's a bad situation, but this entire conflict (and particularly Hamas holding out for this cease fire, which was on the table weeks ago) falls on the shoulders of the terrorist group running Gaza.

If you've got a better solution for dealing with Hamas so that this doesn't happen again in two years, step right up.

As far as ethnic cleansing is concerned? Ethnic cleansing is "the mass expulsion or killing of members of an unwanted ethnic or religious group in a society". Insofar as Gaza and Israel are separate and this is a war between the two, what makes this ethnic cleansing? The two groups have different ethnicities, but that doesn't mean this is anything other than a regional war. Israel's expressed goals are to end rocket fire and disarm Hamas. With the borders sealed, no expulsion is possible. In no way does that constitute ethnic cleansing.

And where complacency is concerned, this is, at most, the third bloodiest conflict in the region over this period of time. Sorry I can't get amped up over third place when more folks died in Iraq over the course of a weekend.

Back to the whole "nothing I've said here has been false" bullshit. You stated: "As it stands now, the majority are still rockets that can barely travel a mile, of which most probably aren't even aerodynamically tested.", which is just factually inaccurate given the buffer zone in Gaza and the targets of the rockets.

But the really sad thing here is that you're the one who's complacent. You're throwing up your hands and saying "this sucks, they suck, I have no idea how to fix it" and pretending that's not complacency, when it most certainly is. You're complacent as it relates to Gaza being governed and controlled by a terrorist group that clearly has no interest in protecting civilian lives on either side, and that complacency on your (and the world's) part since 2007 has led us down this road three times.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #85 (permalink)

I feel like this thread could go on for generations.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
No way, I see us solving this thing in about 3-5 posts, culminating in DaveNJ and skeetshart69 joining in a lover's embrace.

Google Images tells me it will look like this:
robotparker, bithead and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by Scat; 08-27-2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Added image for clarification
Old 08-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
It's an endless cycle. Too bad we're powerless to stop it.