Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it okay to put your seat back on an airplane?
Yes. Enjoy. 52 60.47%
No. Don't be an animal. 34 39.53%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Fight the Man! I couldn't be clearer.
bithead likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I like Christi and thought it was hot when she spoke in her deep voice
Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
That trailer is so amazing. You're dead!

But seriously, reclining your seat on an airplane with someone sitting behind you is some inconsiderate bullshit. Would you do that in a car with your friends?
Sure, but these are strangers you'll never see again, so fuck 'em.

In all seriousness, I think it's more a matter of people reclining all the way back, as opposed to only slightly (the 110 degree think mentioned above), which is perfectly reasonable. If you don't like how far the person in front of you is reclined, especially if it's way the fuck back, ask them to pull their seat up, like you would a friend who reclines back on you in a car. They'll be thrown off guard, and most likely oblige.

I have no issue with people reclining in front of me, but then again I'm a 5'9" skinny kid, so what do I know.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Reactions like "The character is a bitch/cunt and the actress is butt-hurt" is the reason why she felt the need to write the NYT article in the first place.

At least consider her position, Keith. I know you're blunt and decisive, but consider how her character, and many others, are judged with a different standard than their male counterparts.

WOMEN ARE CALLED "BITCHES" FOR FUCKING E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G, THAT'S JUST UNDENIABLE. It's the easiest and most accepted way to minimize a female or to call a man feminine.

If sharp-shooter cops is not a possibility, then use more non-lethal weapons.

We need to get over Keith's Justice because under Keith's Justice, Keith would've been executed a hundred times. It's like Gandhi promoting weight gain products.

The problem with planes is not people reclining, IT'S THE CONCENTRATION CAMP-STYLE SEATING ARRANGEMENTS.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Dont wave a knife at a cop and your chances of being shot go way down.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Loved Breaking Bad and Bryan Cranston in particular. I never did understand Anna Gunn's face though. It looked like a cross between bad cosmetic surgery and The Joker.

Did Anna Gunn get work done? Also, are actresses who ruin their faces a positive role model for women?
therewillbesnacks likes this.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I literally held my breath when I first heard Christi's voice, literally gritting my teeth with worry that I wouldn't be able to take it for an hour, but less than a minute later I literally breathed out and was pretty much literally in love with her. Could have easily listened to literally another 3 hours of this episode.

Reminded me of screwing up my face the first time I drank beer vs how much I love it now. Mmmmm, beer. So glad I'm not 7 years old any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbesnacks View Post
I have no issue with people reclining in front of me, but then again I'm a 5'9" skinny kid, so what do I know.
I'm as tall as Keith and I have no idea what the big deal is either but there should be a law that if you're taller than 6'4" or whatevs the airline has to provide a minimum amount of leg room. At least 2in clearance with the seat in front reclined or whatevs. If that means bumping you up to the fancypants seats then so be it.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

I find myself in agreement with Bucho, which naturally caused me to doubt and question my entire existence.

When Christi unleashed that fucking voice, I thought there'd been a localised helium leak in the studio, but after a minute or so, I was fucking sold. If she ever narrates an audio book, I'll fucking buy it.

What a charming, funny, and all-round fucking magnificent guest she was. Having her on MNIK pissed off her arse is an absolute MUST!!!
The Girl, Bucho, Los and 3 others like this.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I figured that reclining seat article would be too good a tidbit to pass up for the show, but today happened to be the first time I have ever listened to a podcast while taking a shower, and I happened to be in the middle of dragging a razor across my balls when Keith started in on it (and me). I'm surprised that I didn't end up cutting myself open from laughing.

Oh, and this popped up today on my Facebook feed...

Tilting your seat back on an airplane is pure evil. But so is installing seats that recline in the first place.
Reclining airplane seats are a terrible idea and should be banned.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

I take pictures.
You like pictures?
I take them.

Here, Taste my pictures

Or, Get Creeped at http://OldCreeper.com
Old 08-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Most consumers choose the cheapest flights available, so the airlines have responded in kind - how do they make their flights cheaper? By being able to fill them to capacity and adding more seats. The irony of people complaining that they're too cramped on a flight is that they might not have been able to afford the flight otherwise. If you want a luxurious plane trip, be prepared to pay handsomely for it.

At this point, economy class cabins don't really accommodate reclining seats very well. It's more of a privilege, and if people can't police themselves to use it properly, then maybe the feature should be removed. (Lanfear broke it down pretty well on when is appropriate). But no, I don't think people have the 'right' or should feel entitled to recline whenever they want.