Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever yelled at someone on public transportation?
Yes 20 27.78%
No 52 72.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree67Likes

Old 10-15-2014, 12:38 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
Fixed that for you.
My bad. I thought you were going down a different road...

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Invader, I get that confronting someone is weird or at least unusual.
Please please consider this:
You said it was an entitled move on my part. What about the guy who felt entitled to the whole train hearing his life's sound track? There is NOTHING that I would feel other than entitled if I had sounds from my device playing in a shared space.
Let's go a little further...
Have you been on a train lately? Did you know that there are announcements about this particular thing?
There is a message that plays that's says to not play sounds without headphones and to mind your headphone volume as curtesy to other people.
If someone littered and I asked them to pick it up, I would be doing it for me and everyone to not live in a shitty place.
It's not a good idea to engage with strangers because you never know who you're talking to. But to tell someone to do the right thing is not entitled. It's standing up for yourself. And I'm not superman so, if you can believe it, I was intimidated by my own action. But I was satisfied that I had an opportunity to speak up and not get hurt over it.
I get what you are saying but, if someone littered and you went up to them and said; "Come on man we all have to walk around here. Why fuck it up by littering?" That would be a totally different thing than, "Hey ass-fuck just because you like to wallow around in your trash doesn't mean we all do!" Like I said I don't think you are an entitled person but your reaction for this one case, this one incident, for what was happening seemed a little ... extra. That's all. All the other examples given on the show, on the thread and all the other what if's were all way more intense situation that would understandably require more intense reactions. So much is said on the show. I agree with some disagree with others. This just falls into the latter category.

Side note this is why I didn't elaborate in the first place. I didn't want to get to this point. See what happens when you engage!? (lol JK hugs?)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote