Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

anyone gotta a screen cap or link to that franz ferdinand video hari was in?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

So...very...confused

So I get a tip anyway? even if I do a shitty job? I thought a tip was like bonus points, a surplus from the orginal price. It seems to me like if you dont tip you penalising the worker rather than rewarding good service. Say I rent out Keith's Wiggles thing at $1000; they do a good job so I tip them 10% (I dunno how much you're supposed to) so instead they've got $1100. If I understand correctly, that brings them up to par, it doesnt say they've done a good job. So then if they do good job do I tip on top of the tip? Who invented this system anyway?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
mkl

A "normal" tip isn't really rewarding good service anymore. A normal 15-20% tip is just letting your wait staff get up to a normal pay range. Remember, in America these people are exempt from the minimum wage, so if they don't get tips, they are earning less than $5 an hour. Much less, more like $2 an hour.

If a waiter does a bad job, they usually don't get left a tip, or get left a 5-10% tip. Of course, you also have people who don't leave tips, or leave 1% or something crazy, and foul up the whole system.

It's not too hard a system to understand, if you have a good time and the wait staff did their job, give them 15-20%. If you had a poor time due to the wait staff (not the cooks, or the food was bad, or the food came out slowly) you leave a lower tip, depending on how bad. If you thought the wait staff went above and beyond (ie: they refilled your drink 10 times, before you even finished it, and made sure you had an excellent time) throw them extra.

Where it breaks down for me is...I don't know who to tip, and how much to tip, for other occupations besides wait staff. Keith and Chemda have talked about this before, that people "know" they should tip for certain things, but sadly, I don't!
For example, I would not have known to tip, or how much to tip an entertainer at a child's party. I have no problem with a person who is in a job telling me that "gratuity is appreciated", although I will probably still screw up the amount, at least I tried. (Actually, I then tend to ask what a decent tip is...sometimes I just set myself up for the crazy answers...you know like..."oh a good tip is...50%" or something, which I don't pay. If they give me a figure that seems reasonable, I'll pay that or a little more)

This whole system goes away at Cold Stone, the ice creamery. At Cold Stone if you tip $1 they'll sing you a stupid little song. If they aren't busy, I'll hang out while eating my ice cream and put dollars in the jar, forcing them to sing songs. I'm not sure if they like that, or think I'm an ass. Anyone work at Cold Stone know the answer? I usually don't make them sing more than 5-10 times
Old 01-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #24 (permalink)

Listening to the show at this moment, Hari and Jonah are pretty funny...Couldn't resist and looked up Hari's pic on IMDB, and gotta say, she IS hot...Aaaaaaanyway, back to listening :P

(and at this moment in the show you guys in the chat said she was hot...you're right guys)
Old 01-23-2006, 03:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldier
They both sucked. The guests need to realise they are guests on the show. How many times did they plug that fucking show? Bullshit. Especially the guy..He ruined about 5 of Keith's jokes and then started with his which were NEVER funny.

The bits where katg talked were awesome, If I coulda skipped past that other girl talking then I would have.
You know, now that you mention it, I do hate it when guests just start talking like they're... guests. I never thought about it like that before, and I guess they did kinda suck. Infact, I'd go so far as to say they were worse than ten Hitlers.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

MKL, i disagree, the tip is based on the performance of the entire store, if the cooks do a bad job, you dont tip the waiter. Everywhere i worked, i always tipped out everyone i worked with, and they in turn took care of me. Dont feel bad abot the less than minimum wage stuff either, i would do the job for free if i could get a few more hours of work in, with tips, i never made less than 20 bucks an hour, when the cook manager or whoever coused me to lose a tip, they lost theirs from me. dont feel bad for these guys, like if you dont tip because of a so so performance, they will starve, just means they may only make 15 bucks that hour instead of 20 or 25.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:14 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhappy
Were our prices forced to have tax included we probably wouldn't even be aware we were paying tax on the things we buy.
Don't mean to get too poltiical.. but thats a republican thing. They love low taxes so they want to make sure everybody knows exactly how much they're giving the government

The best solution is GST. Every single item or service has a tax (in australia its 10%... other countries more) but no matter what you KNOW that if you pay a dollar for something 10c is going to the government. And the price has to INCLUDE GST. That way you don't get to the register and have to figure out how much stuff costs.

Last edited by unknownsoldier; 01-23-2006 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:19 AM   #28 (permalink)

Yay, long show.
Enjoyed it a lot, and while Hari is hot, she did tend to rant quite a bit, which did piss me off a little. It's like "WE GET THE POINT NOW"
I dunno, maybe she's just insecure because of having a shitty childhood.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:31 AM   #29 (permalink)

That was just annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by perclissigi
Yay, long show.
Enjoyed it a lot, and while Hari is hot, she did tend to rant quite a bit, which did piss me off a little. It's like "WE GET THE POINT NOW"
I dunno, maybe she's just insecure because of having a shitty childhood.
I agree-plus, her guest just kept talking and Keith would be like "Haha" to be polite but they were really just waiting for him to shut up.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:35 AM   #30 (permalink)

And just to add...

I went 2-0 this weekend.