Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What the fuck pronoun are ya?!
He 51 66.23%
She 25 32.47%
Other 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree10Likes

Old 11-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2080: Bad Press

Daylight Savings Time; show sponsors; trick-or-treating; Nightcrawler and The Affair; Anthony Weiner at it again; Jan Hooks dies; Andrew Dice Clay’s new book; Chelsea Handler naked; Amanda Bynes released from the hospital while “severely ill”

Jan Hooks tribute: 'Love Is a Dream'

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 11-03-2014 at 11:28 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Halloween

I don't know about the east coast of Australia, but here in Perth it's only been the last couple years where Halloween has been "celebrated". As a youngster from Canada, we dressed up for Halloween when we moved here (I was 4) but NOBODY in our entire area did and nobody gave us anything. It just wasn't a thing here.

But now the shops are selling costumes and capitalizing on the money to be made from another holiday. I think its great and on our street we had about 15 knocks at the door, some older kids around 12-14, but mainly under 10's who all got dressed up really well, were polite and looked like they were having fun. I put a $4 pack of decorations on the door and windows, had a huge bowl of chocolate and candy which all got taken by the nights end. I'm glad my kids will have another excuse to get dressed up and have some fun - I only got 2 Halloweens in Canada before we moved here.

My only grip was that we put a sign over our doorbell when the kids went to bed which said, "Please don't ring, kids are in bed." And two fucktards rang the bell and said they didn't see the sign which was completely covering the button to ring the bell. But overall, a good night. See how I feel in a few years when more people are into it and more dickheads venture out to cause trouble.
Keith likes this.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Since listening to the show every thought I have in my head is in the Keith/Dice voice. Oh fuck. Make it stop.
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The Dice stuff had me in tears on the train. I mean, "I was cummin pussy juice from my eye.... Bagoooosh! Oh!!!"
Keith and lizsquiz like this.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Wait, arent there are tons of sexually explicit or at least sexually suggestive pictures on instagram? I thought that was the point of instagram.

Not to be an ass, but if my wife-to-be showed up looking 40 years older on our wedding day with the makeup team from Industrial Light and Magic and a goofy smile on her face thinking she made some kind of point. Fuck that noise, I would have walked out too.

I find myself agreeing with Keith and Chemda about an equal amount. With Keith slightly edging out Chemda.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I would pay to have audio of Keith reading the entire book. Charge a lot, use that to fund him reading the Bible.
bw81 and Scumhook like this.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I wasn't thinking about sponsors. I feel silly.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

NOTHING makes me giggle more than Keith's annual DST hour balance update!

I decided to cash in this years on an extra hour of sleep. Fuck me if it was not delightful and worth spending. I figure I can live reckless with the other 7.5 hours I've accumulated in the past few years, right?
daemon and Scumhook like this.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

thank you Keith for bringing up that weird Jan Hooks tribute segment. it's been bugging me since that episode aired. I can't tell if it's some sexism that they had to show her as some weird princess with no comedy in the scene.
Keith and lizsquiz like this.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyPicker View Post
thank you Keith for bringing up that weird Jan Hooks tribute segment. it's been bugging me since that episode aired. I can't tell if it's some sexism that they had to show her as some weird princess with no comedy in the scene.
I heard they used the same sketch for Phil Hartman's send-off, if that helps.