Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Ben Roethlisberger
Guilty 44 81.48%
Not guilty 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree63Likes

Old 11-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #51 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

I hope you both (Picard and audious) are not watching tv. In fact, I don't know how you have time to listen to this show since you guys are so concerned about the "war on terrorists". We didn't mean to distract you with our girl parts. Please stop listening so that you don't have to get bombarded with any other info.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #52 (permalink)

let it be known Audious brought up thoughts about false victimhood as opposed to real oppression. that i can have a legal existence of my own outside a man wasn't given to me graciously by thoughtful men, it was demanded by women who had the fucking gall to say, yeah it fucking matters. so, yeah, we're gonna talk bout it, yo.

Keith, The Girl, John Galt and 1 others like this.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audious757 View Post
Every woman is a victim these days..always one second from being raped or offended. Pathetic.
Seriously, women being raped does make them a victim. I agree people are hypersensitive over something as silly as a T-shirt. However your overstatement that all women are victims doesn't help your case it only hurts it.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #54 (permalink)

All i was saying is that alot of this victim stuff is nonsense. The scientists who landed a ship on a fuckin comet was made to feel like an asshole over a shirt. Thats crazy. I cant make it through a nfl game without being bombarded with anti domestic violence ads...a guy on the street cant say hello to a chic without her getting offended. I was also kidding about the terrorist. I fear them about as much as i would mike Lawrence in a boxing match. Its all love Cindy!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpinkee View Post
Seriously, women being raped does make them a victim.
Is this a typo? Cause you can fuck off with that shit if not. I was raped and have never seen myself as a victim.

We're not all simpering women who let one bad thing define the rest of our lives.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #56 (permalink)

Hmmm. Is there a new definition of victim here? Because I'm going with this one: One who is harmed by or made to suffer under a circumstance or condition. I do think rapist harm people. It doesn't forever make them a victim but the act itself does.

I am glad that you don't let one event define you, but I stick to my original statement.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
From a numbers game, terrorism is actually very very very very very very very very very very small in the U.S. Particularly if you are only talking about foreign terrorists as nearly all terrorism in the U.S. is domestic.
I actually don't care about foreign terrorism. But I do think that interest or concern for it has waned enough that it creates spaces for people to look for new issues to take up. Like abusing someone for what they wear.

Quote:
Now I don't know what you mean by "Gender Wars" but I'll guess women and men speaking up against rape is part of it. How many people are raped in the U.S.? Is it less or more than victims of terrorists attacks?
Gender Wars is a new thing I guess. I've seen it a lot lately online, and elsewhere. But HuffPo has a section for the term, so I didn't imagine it could be that obscure. But I would classify it as encompassing anything falling under the umbrella of gender based social justice activism.

Quote:
Additionally, it is absurd you pick terrorism as women are speaking up that they don't want to feel terror walking down the street. Is it not worth fighting against if you personally don't feel terror?
Again, I don't care about terrorism all that much, probably because I don't personally feel terror from it. Should people be free to walk the streets without fear, of course. I think you'll find most people would agree, where you find variance is in what people feel others should feel afraid of.

Quote:
If you are going to pick an underfunded and forgotten "war", then why not pick the war on poverty? Is it because you are uncomfortable with facing the darkness in our society and would rather deal with remote boogie men than a neighbor's, friend's, family's, or your cruel treatment of your fellow citizen?
I've donated my services to the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty. That said, even within that I wouldn't say I'm concerned with a war on poverty either. Rather equitable treatment of individuals.

Quote:
I asked a lot of questions there.
Hopefully I've answered them throughly enough for you.
Audious757 likes this.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #58 (permalink)

"Whatever made you, Liza, so sure that Ben did this. Honestly, send it to me. I haven't seen it."

Whatever made you, Keith, so sure that Michael Jackson did this. Honestly, send it to me. I haven't seen it.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshart69 View Post
"Whatever made you, Liza, so sure that Ben did this. Honestly, send it to me. I haven't seen it."

Whatever made you, Keith, so sure that Michael Jackson did this. Honestly, send it to me. I haven't seen it.
You're asking for it...
Old 11-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #60 (permalink)

As for the T-shirt thing. I can see both sides. On one hand, it symbolizes how uninviting the STEM disciplines are to women. It's a tiny ugly thing that represents the struggles that you're going to have to overcome to be a woman in science. It's not even a conscious thing for the dude; it's a product of our underlying sexism in society.

On the other hand, it's a fucking T-shirt. One that was made by a female friend and that he was proud(?) to be wearing. As a scientist, one of the best things about the job is that most of the time you get to wear whatever you want. People in our lab wear goofy clothes or shirts that have text like "Fuck like thunder" on them. It was an honest mistake and is probably more tacky to wear to an interview than anything else. My boss, a female scientist who definitely acknowledges there was a lot of sexism against her as she worked to get to where she is, thinks it's funny and that he's just a dork.