Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Ben Roethlisberger
Guilty 44 81.48%
Not guilty 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree63Likes

Old 11-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audious757 View Post
You're asking for it...
Even if I wasn't, you know that when I say no I mean yes.
Lanfear likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpinkee View Post
Hmmm. Is there a new definition of victim here? Because I'm going with this one: One who is harmed by or made to suffer under a circumstance or condition. I do think rapist harm people. It doesn't forever make them a victim but the act itself does.

I am glad that you don't let one event define you, but I stick to my original statement.
And by that definition everyone CAN be a victim. That man's shirt harmed my self esteem and I was made to suffer by having to work with him and his lewd shirt.

I stand by my original statement.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:02 PM   #63 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

This is semantics.

I remember my roommate punching another roommate (Adem (not Adam) and Ray) and the cops sending a pamphlet for him to come to court as "the victim."

"Fuck that! I'm not a victim!!!"

We all know what each other means. All's gravy. Let's focus on the enemy.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #64 (permalink)

Arguing about the definition of the word victim? That's silly goose. On a more serious note, I'm waiting for a time in life to say "You're being goofy" to someone who's making a good point against me and I have nothing left to say. I'd like to see if it works for everyone.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
This is semantics.

I remember my roommate punching another roommate (Adem (not Adam) and Ray) and the cops sending a pamphlet for him to come to court as "the victim."

"Fuck that! I'm not a victim!!!"

We all know what each other means. All's gravy. Let's focus on the enemy.
What was the victim roommate wearing?
Scumhook likes this.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #66 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Here's more to the interview with Cosby when he was asked about the rape allegations. He told the reporter he wanted that footage scuttled away and never wanted to see it released. Oops.

"We don't answer that."
http://youtu.be/RI6z97Efw3I
Keith and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:48 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
This is semantics.
So you're going on the record as an anti-semantic?
Audious757 likes this.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
To borrow from Keith, he couldn't be any clearer. Like courts, he wants more info/proof to come to his opinion on whether this guy is guilty or not. Why is this such a crazy request?

Lets just jump straight to the crazy then: Keith only feels this way because Ben is on his team, anyone who agrees with Keith is only doing so because they like Keith, and all the girls are having knee jerk crazy feminist reactions to the request for more proof of rape. There. Hopefully I saved us pages of bullshit arguing.
It's interesting that Ben has been brought up on the show a few times before, the issue of him being a possible rapist has been brought up, and the player is on Keith's favourite football team; one that he follows closely during the football season. And Keith hasn't had the time to closely look him up yet.

OK...

A lot of things on the show are based on bits of hearsay and involve jumping to conclusions based on previous activities. I'm talking about celebrities, NOT ex-friends and guests (obviously they would know better than us about their own personal relationships). Why wouldn't some listeners call it out when a host mentions that they need more evidence?

Last edited by thirteen; 11-20-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #69 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

[QUOTE=Tulipaloozi;834825] "We don't answer that."

You know what's interesting about this short video is the level of control a well-known celebrity like Bill Cosby has over the interviewer.

He has the interviewer stammering. Questioning himself. Saying things like, "I don't want you, as a journalist, to compromise your journalistic integrity." You can see how this story has been controlled and silenced for so long.

Comics oddly bringing up "Journalistic Integrity." Allegations of sexual wrongdoing. Followed by silence...

Interesting. Because we've all heard this before somewhere.
Tulipaloozi likes this.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #70 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just a side note, Liza compared Ben to The Malice in the Palace incident. She said when the incident happened, people thought the Pacers involved were nice people and that it was the crowd's fault. The main player involved in the brawl was Ron Artest (Metta World Peace now). Since when has Ron Artest ever been considered a nice person? I'm honestly asking because as long as I've know MWP/Ron Artest, he has always been a pretty bad guy.