Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you had the BRCA1 gene would you get a preventative mastectomy?
Yes 53 84.13%
No 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #61 (permalink)

She will. And I know it doesn't have anything to do with argument. That's kinda why I said I was just saying cause I have a crush on her.��
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #62 (permalink)

If your asking why doesn't she fight her now or why didn't she back when she made the comments well that's easy. Fallon fox is not now nor was she then in the ufc. You can't just say hey there I am Fallon fox had few fights kicked some ass now let me fight the champ in a organization I am not even apart of ooh and I am transgender. You got to pay ur dues.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #63 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUNTRY View Post
If your asking why doesn't she fight her now or why didn't she back when she made the comments well that's easy. Fallon fox is not now nor was she then in the ufc. You can't just say hey there I am Fallon fox had few fights kicked some ass now let me fight the champ in a organization I am not even apart of ooh and I am transgender. You got to pay ur dues.
She brought that up in response to her seeking a UFC deal, though. She said she wouldn't fight her unless the UFC insisted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon Fox
"They may throw all kinds of backwards, bogus bone density or bone structure arguments in it to possibly save face if they lose — because they sense that people are ignorant on bones within sport, but at least some of them are the real deal in the way of fighting."
I'm not saying her reasoning is or isn't valid, just that if she's confident she'd knock her out, why is this an issue?

If the UFC does force her, and she happens to lose, she's on record protesting it as an unfair advantage.

Last edited by Irobeth; 04-15-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irobeth View Post
She brought that up in response to her seeking a UFC deal, though. She said she wouldn't fight her unless the UFC insisted.

I'm not saying her reasoning is or isn't valid, just that if she's confident she'd knock her out, why is this an issue?

If the UFC does force her, and she happens to lose, she's on record protesting it as an unfair advantage.
The issues is she is transgender that's why they asked Ronda and others in ufc. You only hear about Ronda cause she the champ. Why did she say only if she has to? Well that's cause that's the only way she can fight anyone under her contract with the ufc.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #65 (permalink)

I think the bigger question is after a year or more now is why is Fallon not in the ufc? Is it safety? Is it that all the women in ufc say no? Or is she just not good enough yet?
Keith likes this.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #66 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

re: the poll
I would get the surgery provided my insurance paid for it and the implants afterwards like in this case
Old 04-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #67 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I really enjoyed this guest! Very funny!

Keith and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by daemon; 04-16-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #68 (permalink)

I would have agreed that is a good solution but it feels so shitty. "Hey weirdos, over here." Additionally, as we head into the future and greater understanding of trans issues, we will have fewer and fewer trans women who had to go through male puberty as a male.

You're right, it is the closest we've come to a good solution if we ignore that many women are born with a female body AND a genetic advantage, as many have chosen to do in this thread. If those people are right, and I'm wrong, then this solution is best. . and it still sucks.

I don't envy trans women one bit, not even for potential strength advantages.

Life sucks sometimes, y'all.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #69 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

A lot of people are getting my side wrong.

Below is the copy/paste of an email I sent to someone who emailed saying that basically he thinks I'm siding with trans people because of heart and not facts.

This is not just sympathy.

I am still learning about what "transitioning" really is. How much does it affect a person. I don't know why you can be so confident in saying that someone can't fully transition physically into someone who can compete with the top-ranked women in her field. I'm asking because I don't have the authority to tell you either way. I just think it's weird that you can dismiss the option based on SOME facts.

Essentially, we are speaking through the same ignorance of guess work. Even doctors are learning new things.

I googled "do some races have heavier bone density?" and this was the first result: https://depts.washington.edu/bonebio/bonAbout/race.html

That doesn't mean it's 100% true BUT should we not let black women fight white women if it is? Or should we think about this a LITTLE?

Can we at least agree that it's so new that we should all take some time to think instead of going with what we think we know fully? Maybe ask a doctor? Maybe ask somemone who has transitioned?
Sparrow, rodimusprime and Scumhook like this.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #70 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

2163: Breast in Show

If fully transitioned trans people still have a crazy advantage then I don't think they should fight. It's not just about gender rights its about safety of a lot of people.

Last edited by The Girl; 04-18-2015 at 06:27 AM.