Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you had the BRCA1 gene would you get a preventative mastectomy?
Yes 53 84.13%
No 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 04-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #71 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I've heard she didn't disclose that she used to be a women until after a few fights of obliterating the competition it came out but I could be wrong. This is only something I've heard Joe Rogan say. It makes sense though since here she says she doesn't think she should have to disclose that information.

Last but not least the only fight she's had against a winning opponent who beat her and her thoughts.

Last edited by daemon; 04-18-2015 at 09:14 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
If fully transitioned trans people still have a crazy advantage then I don't think they should fight. It's not just about gender rights its about safety of a lot of people.
But that's a subjective definition. Is a crazy advantage 20% better? 10%? Some sports, like competitive running, have success measured by fractions of seconds.

Fighter safety is actually one of the easier lines to draw. MMA is next to nothing compared to something like swimming, where even the swimsuit you're allowed to use is tightly controlled.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #73 (permalink)

that's why you let each sport set up its own policies specific to its own metric of advantage. and maybe a trans athlete organization could be coalesced to kind of keep tabs on the big picture and make suggestions, provide experience/info, what have you for everyone to use as a central resource.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
that's why you let each sport set up its own policies specific to its own metric of advantage. and maybe a trans athlete organization could be coalesced to kind of keep tabs on the big picture and make suggestions, provide experience/info, what have you for everyone to use as a central resource.
I think this is the key. As we see more and more trans athletes, we're going to get more information and appropriate types of advocates. In the absence of this, we're just going to see case after case with little in the way of organization.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
It will happen one day probably soon. Unfortunately for Fallon not soon enough for her as she is close to 40 if not older by now. She did get conversation going for others though. And it appears Dana white head of ufc doesn't have a problem with transgender women fighting as long as they are cleared and good enough. In Fallon foxes case unfortunately she was no where near good enough when she started at age 35. She had only two fights at the time and they where against two women who had never won a fight, and then said she wanted in the ufc and wanted to fight the champ. That just does not happen broc lesnor I think was the one guy who didn't have to fight that many fights before going into ufc but he was a beast who was famous in professional wrestling and a Olympic wrestler. But even he had to prove himself to Dana white.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #76 (permalink)

ain't nobody said pioneerin' was easy.
marykae, ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #77 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Chemda has swayed me to her side. Now nobody say ANYTHING so I can keep my mind made up this way!
Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #78 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why can't there be a trans athlete league that can come to terms with existing male and female leagues (per sport) that fighters can fight whomever they want in any of the leagues if cleared (i do not watch mma, have no clue if there are weight classes or how the match ups are actually done) as well as within the current gender-specific leagues? If 2 consenting adults want to fight and agree to fight and it works out, great. Just don't cry like a bitch if and when you lose to the opponent you agreed to fight claiming it was unfair due to gender

Win, win, WIN. And by win i mean IS THIS FUCKING TOPIC DONE YET?
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.

Last edited by ImStillToni; 04-18-2015 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I felt like it
Old 04-19-2015, 12:33 AM   #79 (permalink)

If there should be a trans league in MMA, should there be a black league in basketball?
Scumhook likes this.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:51 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
S THIS FUCKING TOPIC DONE YET?
Probably not...
ImStillToni likes this.