Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you smoke weed?
Yes 26 37.68%
No 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 04-23-2015, 08:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

HERO-in.

Coincidence?

I think not.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

Listen, Chemda is not an idiot, I don't think she thinks coke is good for you. Its not a fucking vitamin. I believe she is aware of that. And to be fair doing coke once, unless you take a huge amount is not going to kill you. Same with alcohol, same with prescription medication, same with many things.

In small doses substances that can kill you have beneficial effects. If you drink one alchoholic drink a day it will lower your risk of heart disease. You drink a lot and your liver will fail. Some heart medicines are made from poisonous plants. If you eat the plant you will die. If they extract certain compounds from the plant it become a blood thinner that prevents you from having heart failure.

My point is that many things in moderation are fine that can also kill you.

I have not seen the documentary but my reading on the ongoing KATG druggy debate is this:

Pot is a drug. So is alcohol. Neither is great for you in large quantities. And in those large quantities alcohol is way worse for you. Why then do people who smoke pot get labeled as "druggies" (implying they are drug addicts at worst, space cadets at best) when drinking alcohol seems to be a socially accepted method of recreation.

No one likes to be dismissed or have their point dismissed because they are a "pot head" No one dismisses anyones opinions when they are not drunk just because they drink alcohol sometimes. Why then is someone who smokes pot dismissed even when they are not high?

In certain forms cannabis is beneficial. For example, an oil form (that does not get you hight btw) can be rubbed on the joints of people who have rheumatoid arthritis or other painful forms of inflammation. In that way it is used as medicine, in a certain form, in the right dosages. Just like the poisonous plant I mentioned before. In those instances cannabis is beneficial. Chemda is right that it can be beneficial. I don't think she's telling everyone they should go out and smoke pot all the time, I think she's saying it has its uses. And to state that point doesn't mean she's a druggy.

I don't know for sure, but it seems like Chemda doesn't like the label and I can see why.
The Girl likes this.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciouskitten View Post
Why then do people who smoke pot get labeled as "druggies" (implying they are drug addicts at worst, space cadets at best) when drinking alcohol seems to be a socially accepted method of recreation.
alcohol already had its prohibition. lots of people died drinking shitty shitty bathtub gin that could be anything from battery acid to piss. better to regulate.

badly home grown pot just doesn't get you high enough.

the stream of brown bodies flowing through the for-profit prison system keeps enough dough baking to make it worth the while of the powers that be to keep it stigmatized. and i bet white women are still sleeping with negroes.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

i bet it was more 'spontaneous late night time with my lover' is better than sleep. and, ya know what, i bet she went right back to sleep after.
The Girl, John Galt and mitchy like this.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i bet it was more 'spontaneous late night time with my lover' is better than sleep. and, ya know what, i bet she went right back to sleep after.
Things that have woken me up between 2 and 4 in the morning that I stay up for:

My wife / girlfriend wanting more sex

My wife / girlfriend waking from a stressful dream and needing to talk about it

My kids waking up for various reasons

Remembering something that I wanted to write down and staying up because the thoughts keep coming

Something trying to get in the rabbit pen

Rain / Wind / Thunder / Snow ... if it is enough to wake me up it is enough to stay up and watch for a bit

Emergency phone call from a friend / relative
Old 04-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
What do you call a person who awakes at 4am to her husband rolling a joint and decides getting high is better than sleep?
Somebody who dated & eventually married somebody that she trusts enough to change her stance on mind altering substances.

It's normal, people change their mind shit happens.
Also I think a lot of people swing superhard in the opposite direction after a change of mind so now instead of "no drugs" moving to "I only smoke weed alone with Lauren on her bed because I'm scared" we have "whooooooo weed is awesome and great for everybody" Chemda.

HI my name is Anne, I like to drink booze, feel free to call me a druggie if that makes you happy
John Galt likes this.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Except this is Chemda, did she recently become ashamed of sex and gained the ability to leave such details from a story?
it may have not even had been sex. could you really not understand waking up in the middle of the night, smoking a bowl with your boo, and going back to bed? that's addiction to you? honestly.
The Girl and John Galt like this.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Is viciouskitten explaining how a little coke is good for you?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #29 (permalink)

i mean, if that's the case, i guess i could stand to do it a little more often. thanks, kitten!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:13 AM   #30 (permalink)

I do agree that calling someone a druggy even for daily pot use is a little offensive so I end up on Chemdas side even though Keith is just being funny. I doubt he's going around off air calling her a druggy. (though I could be wrong on that) What kills me is when I was just on your side but now you wanna say heroin and coke should be sold at CVS.