Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you smoke weed?
Yes 26 37.68%
No 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 04-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

I think of alcohol and weed as more or less equivalent in how bad they are for you. And thats why I think they should be treated roughly the same. Alcohol in moderation is ok for you (like one drink a day before anyone accuses me of advocating large quantities of alcohol). Cannabis in certain forms can be used medicinally. But in large quantities neither is great for you.

Coke, heroin, meth and the like have no benefits. They are not good for you in any way. I think they should be in a separate category than weed and alcohol and should be restricted accordingly. I don't think you should just be able to go out and buy crack legally, but I think you should be able to go buy pot.

I agree with Chemda that incarcerating massive amounts of people for non violent drug offenses is neither the right nor the most effective method of dealing with the situation. Spending millions of our tax dollars keeping people in jail for smoking weed is one of the worst appropriations of tax money I can think of.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What's "should be restricted accordingly?"

I gotta say, it's now sounding like you're more on my side.

Are you drunk again?
Old 04-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #43 (permalink)

Yes, always.

I never disagreed with you Keith I just somehow managed once again to agree with both you and Chemda at the same time even though you disagree with each other.

As someone who grew up in brooklyn at the tail end of the crack epidemic I would never advocate the legalization of hard and extremely addictive drugs like heroin and crack cocaine.
To be clear, I think that not all drugs are the same and should't all be treated equally. In my opinion, weed and possibly some kinds of phycadelic mushrooms could be legalized and restricted by age. I'm also open to aome other recrational drugs being legalized but id have to do more research before advicating which ones and how they would be restricted. I don't think that heroin, crack, coke, meth etc should be legalized.

I still don't think that mass incarceration is the answer to the problem though. And as a society we need to find a better and more human solution.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Yeah, the NH CVS stores stopped selling cigarettes, but they still sell leaf tobacco, dip, and chew.
I feel like someone should have brought this to everyone's attention when CVS was going on and on about how they were taking a stand. That sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciouskitten View Post
Coke, heroin, meth and the like have no benefits.
Speak for yourself. I have never gotten shit done more efficiently than when I was on coke.