Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you watch Game of Thrones?
Yes 52 60.47%
No 34 39.53%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree67Likes

Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I don't understand the controversy. It's the NAACP. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. She has definitely colored herself.

I love the part where she sued a "Historically Black College" for discriminating against her for being white.

EDIT: Link to story

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 06-16-2015 at 07:35 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How does one not watch the season finale of a show literally seen worldwide since it's not just on tv, it's on HBO? And yes, I did say that shit like Ned Stark.

Rachel's crazy ass, Heller, GoT - yet again another A+++++ ep

Loco you do not get the issue? Are you serious? This all started because of Rachel's made up history of violence and hate crimes in which she was a Black victim....which led to investigations....which led to her skeleton literally being brought out the closet in the form of the photograph with the black man who is not her biological father.

This women has falsified government paperwork, including applications and police reports, stating she was black and all these other shits that could be proven upon investigation. The fact she is a white woman who sat as head of one fucking NAACP chapter in the boondocks of Washington State is what put a spotlight on all her reports of crime (hate crimes, based on the fact she was attacked as a black woman) and lead to her undoing.

This bitch is certifiable. Period. She could have gotten the NAACP position without being black, it's not a requirement. She's been lying about every thing since she graduated from a HBCU and I think she really has mental issues to the point she really does not consider herself black.

I cannot just turn myself white one day, right? But it's cool this white bitch gets a pass with tanning and natural wigs and fake braids? fuck her, she needs a 5150 hold and a hug.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

i've been thinking a lot about cultural fluidity and privilege. even if Rachel immersed herself into the black community, which as a white person you can totally do--allies represent and all--, even if she shared similar cultural markers--which i don't suppose she did growing up--she's still white. there's inborn privilege from being white you can't shake off and that limits a persons ability to really 'get' and 'belong' to an historically oppressed community. a white person can only understand the struggle to a certain degree. there's a last layer of legitimacy you don't get to cross. you can't pass.

and then i replace all the words for white and black with men and women and i find myself making an argument for the freedom to pass.

can someone help me articulate the difference. i find the idea of a white person passing as black the super most very inappropriate because i'm Southern and i have a real deep bias against that kind of thing. and i'd be interested in the why of it if in the same breath i will argue for a man's right to enter womanhood--women having a similar history of ownership and oppression.

in both instances it is a relinquishment of privilege through a physical altering of the body to become part and parcel of what one would consider 'ones people'. arguments can be made to the validity of 'belonging' through both biology /and/ circumstance.
viciouskitten likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-16-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I live in Montana. It is unbelievably white here. Everyone you see is white. Literally. I used to work with a guy from Troy. He said it's a teeny tiny town up near the Canadian border. It's in the middle of nowhere.

This story is so bizarre. Just like NOT watching the season finale of Game of Thrones; it just doesn't make sense.

I don't trust a fellow white-y who doesn't have some sense of white guilt but this chick takes it to a new level.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

In reference to the TSA discussion...My parents work for a private security firm that handles the boarding of cruise lines (I've mentioned this before so I'm sure everyone remembers) and they are quite often finding guns and bullets in people's luggage. I don't know how that compares to how often the TSA finds those kinds of items but my point is more about the passengers whose luggage it's in...they almost always claim that they "forgot" their guns and/or bullets were left in there from some past hunting trip or other bullshit. How does someone not remember where they left their gun? Especially during all that time between trips when their luggage is being stored on a shelf or whatever? Idiots. Or liars.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
can someone help me articulate the difference.
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to capture this here, but what is so concerning to me in this story is that Rachel felt as though, in order to authenticate herself as a black woman, she had to invent experiences that she believed were authentic to the black experience (which as you said, she did not have).

To parallel that to a transwoman who was assigned male at birth and spent a portion of their life presenting as a man, seems to me to not acknowledge the acts of deception that Rachel engaged in that appropriated black experiences so that she could ingratiate herself into the black community.

I can see where this seems to blur the lines with encouraging people to embrace an identity that may not match their physical appearance. However, Rachel's actions indicate to me that there is something different at the root of this if she thinks she needs these stories.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I want whatever racial identity crisis Rachel has to be called Chet Haze Syndrome.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

i agree that there's a lot about Rachel's story that makes her a terrible example; she could have taken off that black face at any time--that's still a significant privilege. but, i'm still circling the drain as to why i feel one ought not even consider being transracial (because i need a word for what it is) even if one was raised or fully enveloped by a different community. what is it about race and that experience that makes it different than crossing over gender lines?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
...Loco you do not get the issue? Are you serious? ...
Serious about the NAACP - No, that's just my personal brand of sarcasm. However, I do find it rather ironic that there is outrage about having a sports team called the Redskins, yet one of the moral authorities for racial equality uses the term "colored people." That's at least two generations of political correctness old and would get any white person a beatdown by the Black Panthers if it were said aloud in reference to another person (another organization whose name includes a previous yet often frowned upon PC version of African-American).

Serious about the lawsuit story - Absolutely yes. That's fucking hilarious. It just goes to prove Keith's point that you can lie about anything on a resume because no one will bother verifying the information.
ImStillToni likes this.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

maybe that it isn't reciprocal? one cannot take their black off like a white person could put black on.
flerchin and ImStillToni like this.