Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Rachel Dolezal's skin crack?
Yes 40 81.63%
No 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree102Likes

Old 06-25-2015, 06:12 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurban View Post
Also, I think it's becoming more and more of a problem that we focus on the messenger instead of the message :\
When his message literally has more words than the entire Wikipedia, we kind of have a "forest for the trees" thing happening.

I wonder if he's able to shut up during sex, or if he's one of those loquacious coiters.
Keith likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #92 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

LOL

Speaking of shutting up. I wonder if you'll ever quit yapping about Kulture's wife.

We all have a crush on Nettie. You don't need to vocalize it in every post.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
When his message literally has more words than the entire Wikipedia, we kind of have a "forest for the trees" thing happening.

I wonder if he's able to shut up during sex, or if he's one of those loquacious coiters.
I only talk too much on the internet. In real life I'm way too quiet, too busy writing wikipedia entries in my brain.
Bucho and Scumhook like this.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #94 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

BEST SHOW EVER DID.
THAT'S HOW WE DO IT OVER HERE!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #95 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

ok I'm done messing around now. I'm not sure how many different ways I can express my feelings on the topic. Yesterday, I came across a copy of a MSW graduate's speech, and older Back woman, single mother, etc etc. I was so moved by her speech, the way she eloquently summarized what I thought was our struggle, but perhaps just some folk's struggle (I'm looking at YOU, Mike), I wanted to post a portion here. I will also include the entire link if anyone chooses to read the speech (there's video as well). I'm not a fan of link to other blogs, but naturally it's not like I'm finding this speech on mainstream media. This woman, Juliet Doris, damned near blew my mind with her speech. THIS is how I and many others feel every day, but even moreso after that fucking cunt Rachel

"I am the educated descendent of an African slave whose learned that she can not just dismantle the master’s house using the master’s tools, but instead- (pauses) you gonna let that marinate? – but instead learned how to theorize and develop new tools to which to learn how to demolish the master’s house, and in his place, plant seeds of transform and resistance, creating ages of change and not ages of “trends” ya’ll!" This May Just Be One Of The Best Damn Graduation Speeches Ever | Necole Bitchie.com

This is why I cannot stop at just my B.A. This is why I'm not still not treated with the same luxuries as white people. I'm hardly rachet or a hoodrat, anyone who has met or talked to me can attest to that. I come from a family with money. My parents have been married now 38 years and my grandparents were 64 years when my grandmother passed last year. I have no kids and never been pregnant. My husband is Dominican and also have no kids. I'm hardly a statistic.....yet find myself lumped in and looked upon as if I am. It may not be blatant, it may not be constant, but it IS what many black folks go through. And this is why Rachel and this whole fucking stupid topic of "transracial" is like a slap in the face to many. Why can't a white kid just be raised by black parents and vice versa without needing to slap a politically correct label on it? The white person is still white, the black people are still black, the only thing is that both parties benefits from being exposed to the opposite culture, which is a good thing.

and I'm sorry Mike, but the things you worry about over your daughter are things you should have considered when you had a child with a white person. Period. I had to deal with that lecture from my parents when i was engaged to the white dude. Yet you sit here worrying about "what ifs" instead of letting that child live her life and sit here and talk about her being "raised white" (not sure if this implies her white mother has custody or you do not see her, but are you not involved in raising her that she can learn about her culture...50% that is) and THAT is why i said let that child come through. The term "come through" is hot right now and basically means live your life find your truth, break free....thus come through. To me, it made me sad to think a biracial child is having her culture cherry-picked for her instead of learning both sides and using her own free will to decide how she wants to live.

Mike do you identify as black? I'm not being rude or mean or snarky, but I'm curious. You are like an enigma to me, man. Real talk, everyone is black when the lights are out, no?
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:50 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I wonder if you'll ever quit yapping about Kulture's wife.
Unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
We all have a crush on Nettie. You don't need to vocalize it in every post.
I don't need to, I choose to, so fuck you and your oppressive patriarchy.

I need feminism because piffo is censoring me.
Sparrow and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #97 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
Mike do you identify as black? I'm not being rude or mean or snarky, but I'm curious. You are like an enigma to me, man. Real talk, everyone is black when the lights are out, no?
You guys typed so much back and forth, and he wasn't clear how he identifies?

What the fuck were you two talking about?
Old 06-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
and I'm sorry Mike, but the things you worry about over your daughter are things you should have considered when you had a child with a white person.

You misunderstand me. I'm not worried. I'm curious. I'm curious how she'll decide to identify herself, and how other people will choose to identify her.

Quote:
Yet you sit here worrying about "what ifs" instead of letting that child live her life and sit here and talk about her being "raised white"
I have no intention of trying to steer her in any direction. When I say she'll be "raised white," that's not a conscious decision to exclude blackness.

What "black culture" would I even be able to impart to her? I grew up as the only person of color in my small town - adopted by white parents, remember. In college, I chose friends based on interest - I was a nerd so I hung out with other nerds, who all happened to be white. I can share my limited experiences with overt racism, but that's about it - and probably won't be relevant to her in the same way. So what should be sharing?

Somewhat relevant/ironic aside: apparently when I was born, my father insisted I couldn't be his because I "wasn't dark enough." I'm sure it was just an easy excuse for him to write me off and not a greater statement about race... but yeah.

Quote:
Mike do you identify as black?
I identify primarily as bi-racial, cause that's the literal truth. I identify myself secondly as black because I understand that that is how others will perceive me. I identify as white in a joking sense, "hah hah I'm the whitest black guy you know" etc. Culturally I'm just a geek/nerd.

Quote:
Dolezal stuff - I'm on my phone so hard to copy quote
Been trying to close the Dolezal discussion since it's not going anywhere but this bugs me:

Some people are saying being black isn't about being oppressed. Then others are saying that reason Dolezal is so wrong is because she didn't face that oppression. I feel like the people disagreeing with me don't even agree on the same standards.
wibskey and Bucho like this.

Last edited by Kultcher; 06-26-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #99 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And yet still we all disagree with you. That's how wrong you are.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:55 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And yet still we all disagree with you. That's how wrong you are.
If you mean about Dolezal specifically, that's fine. There are people both smarter and blacker than me that are on her side, so I don't feel too bad being somewhere in the middle.

For the record, despite all my hypotheticals I don't think I ever gave an actual opinion about her. I'm not pro-Dolezal. I guess I'm Dolezal-agnostic. I think she is well-intentioned but mentally ill. I don't believe she did what she did out of sociopathy or malice, and thus I don't think her actions are spitting in the face of black people.

As for the greater race and identity questions, I think there's still some ground to cover before you'll convince me it's "simple."
Bucho likes this.