Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Rachel Dolezal's skin crack?
Yes 40 81.63%
No 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree102Likes

Old 06-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #101 (permalink)

How about if I start a "Kultcher's boobie thread"?
FingerLakes likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillToni View Post
ok I'm done messing around now. I'm not sure how many different ways I can express my feelings on the topic. Yesterday, I came across a copy of a MSW graduate's speech, and older Back woman, single mother, etc etc. I was so moved by her speech, the way she eloquently summarized what I thought was our struggle, but perhaps just some folk's struggle (I'm looking at YOU, Mike), I wanted to post a portion here. I will also include the entire link if anyone chooses to read the speech (there's video as well). I'm not a fan of link to other blogs, but naturally it's not like I'm finding this speech on mainstream media. This woman, Juliet Doris, damned near blew my mind with her speech. THIS is how I and many others feel every day, but even moreso after that fucking cunt Rachel

"I am the educated descendent of an African slave whose learned that she can not just dismantle the master’s house using the master’s tools, but instead- (pauses) you gonna let that marinate? – but instead learned how to theorize and develop new tools to which to learn how to demolish the master’s house, and in his place, plant seeds of transform and resistance, creating ages of change and not ages of “trends” ya’ll!" This May Just Be One Of The Best Damn Graduation Speeches Ever | Necole Bitchie.com

This is why I cannot stop at just my B.A. This is why I'm not still not treated with the same luxuries as white people. I'm hardly rachet or a hoodrat, anyone who has met or talked to me can attest to that. I come from a family with money. My parents have been married now 38 years and my grandparents were 64 years when my grandmother passed last year. I have no kids and never been pregnant. My husband is Dominican and also have no kids. I'm hardly a statistic.....yet find myself lumped in and looked upon as if I am. It may not be blatant, it may not be constant, but it IS what many black folks go through. And this is why Rachel and this whole fucking stupid topic of "transracial" is like a slap in the face to many. Why can't a white kid just be raised by black parents and vice versa without needing to slap a politically correct label on it? The white person is still white, the black people are still black, the only thing is that both parties benefits from being exposed to the opposite culture, which is a good thing.

and I'm sorry Mike, but the things you worry about over your daughter are things you should have considered when you had a child with a white person. Period. I had to deal with that lecture from my parents when i was engaged to the white dude. Yet you sit here worrying about "what ifs" instead of letting that child live her life and sit here and talk about her being "raised white" (not sure if this implies her white mother has custody or you do not see her, but are you not involved in raising her that she can learn about her culture...50% that is) and THAT is why i said let that child come through. The term "come through" is hot right now and basically means live your life find your truth, break free....thus come through. To me, it made me sad to think a biracial child is having her culture cherry-picked for her instead of learning both sides and using her own free will to decide how she wants to live.

Mike do you identify as black? I'm not being rude or mean or snarky, but I'm curious. You are like an enigma to me, man. Real talk, everyone is black when the lights are out, no?

Yeah I'm going to quote the whole thing cause I'm not going to pick and choose things. Too much.

First, I don't think Mike actually thinks the "What ifs" as much as he's portraying on here. He's trying to make a point.

Second, it's not just a race thing for black people. I dated a Jewish boy for two years and his family thought I was some poor leeching money hungry goy when in fact I came from a middle class family (they were upper, I was lower) and had no interest in their money whatsoever. Also because I have tattoos and piercings I get weird looks in nicer stores, followed a bit. AND before mentioning that these things were choices made by me, it also happened as a teenager. (Yes, I grow out of teen years and you dont grow out of being black).

Men can't go to playgrounds with their kids cause men are predators. Black people can't go somewhere without being judged. White girls with black guys are hos who want big dicks (wait, that's true). My daughter's white as hell so CLEARLY I cheated on Mike and the baby's not his. People in rehab/recovery/sober for years can still fall off the wagon, no one should trust them. I mean FUCK! Everyone is hated on, everyone is judged, everyone is paranoid about it.

Blacks and whites and asians and whatever else are not the same. We are equals in different ways, but its the people who alter that "equalness." If you want to feel extra oppressed, go nuts. If it's fun for you, awesome. But there are self fulfilling prophecies. If you look and act like the world is judging you, you bet your ass they will. There will always be assholes. Don't go looking for them.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote