Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Rachel Dolezal's skin crack?
Yes 40 81.63%
No 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree102Likes

Old 06-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #71 (permalink)

Maya Rudolph's Rachel Dolezal Impression - Late Night with Seth Meyers
snowflake and FingerLakes like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

She's saying it's interesting that NOW it's a word, meanwhile one of the greatest pedophiles of our time was doing it right in our face.
Sparrow and Rosa like this.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Nobody has ever written about that? News to me.
I'm sure there are entire books on it. I meant in the context of Dolezal and I was being facetious. The two cases are obviously quite different. for one thing, MJ didn't lie. He also didn't really attempt to assume a white racial identity, but rather a white aesthetic... you can discuss the difference in all seriousness if you'd like, but I really have no interest. the similarity just tickled my brain.

and as it turns out, a quick google will reveal that bloggers have in fact drawn the parallel...
Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Michael Jackson's father was an abusive prick. He'd tell his son his nose was too big. His skin - too dark. Pretty sure that was a factor. Rachel's story seems totally different.

This thread gave me some insight into race, but then it took a turn somewheres. So now I'm confused.

It feels like people are saying you can't be pro transgender; if you're not pro transracial as well..?

I'm still not seeing how the fuck these two are linked. At all. Is it an announcement that anyone can be anything? And like, you can't be a liberal now if you think otherwise?
Old 06-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #75 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I skipped some talkings here in all fairness, but, our secret, I'm on your side.

A person being transgender never really surprised me. God makes bodies with 2 heads - a man head and a woman head. He makes a guy with 2 dicks and a chick with an inside out vagina. Of course gender and sexuality is gonna get goofy.

Race though; to me, race is a fact. What is your race? Not, how do you identify with your race?

I identify with a loud guitar. I'm not a guitar.

For example, I know you're Enunciated Piffle. When you change your name for a 7th time, it doesn't make you not Enunciated Piffle.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #76 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

For example, I know you're Enunciated Piffle. When you change your name for a 7th time, it doesn't make you not Enunciated Piffle.
Exactly!!!

It's like, I'd like to be a handsome, (sane) black man slinging big dick up in Seattle town. But the reality is I'm a crazy white guy in Montana.

Sun burns and mediocre sex organs. Being white isn't glamorous. But it's ok.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #77 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'm with you. I'll let Rachel identify as black if everyone acknowledges that I identify as strikingly gorgeous.

Or as physically crippled.

Either one.

As long as it's a big thing and you feel for me.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #78 (permalink)

All this identifying makes me hungry. For chicken pad thai.

If only I could identify as a thai person. Who cooks delicious pad thai.

Unfortunately. I'm currently identifying as Sudanese. You gotta be careful with your identifying. It's got this whole Wishmaster thing going sometimes.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #79 (permalink)

Katiuska Herrand was amazing!!! More of her, please.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:17 AM   #80 (permalink)

Typed this monster on phone. Sorry for typos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
You deny your black experience but claim your victimhood, admitting you've gotten looks and slurs.
You deny your "blackness" but claim your stereotype of a "big dick."
Big dick thing was a joke. But for what it's worth I also like fried chicken. No malt liquor, watermelon or grape drank though.

Anyway, I never denied my black experience. I expressed that my black experience felt less intense than some others. I do acknowledge my victimhood, but I don't internalize it. It was and is inflicted in me, it is not my fault and I'm not going to be ruled by it - but that doesn't mean I'm ignoring it.

I also never denied my blackness. I said I didn't fully understand my blackness. More importantly though, I don't understand blackness as a whole. I'm interested in what my light-skinned daughter's blackness will be like. I'm interested in what Ben Carson's black republican blackness is like. Or what Jaden Smith's ultra privileged bats hit crazy blackness is like.

Or even a poor white kid who grows up culturally black's "blackness" is like. If he's too poor or isolated to really leverage his white privilege, and he is targeted, excluded., made the outsider in his community because of his skin color - is that not, on some level, a type of blackness or at least an analogue of the black experience? Do those scars go away if he moves away and reclaims his white privilege?

Quote:
This is just another example of a deep self hatred planted inside of you by our culture and society...
Man, don't put that shit on me. Just because I don't feel the same level of oppression as your close friends does not mean I'm self-hating.

I mean, I am self-hating but it's for a myriad of non-racial reasons. I get mad at myself for being lazy or failing at my goals or letting my social anxiety cripple me. My race had never been in my list of grievances.

I don't deny the problems of racial politics , though I may argue about the scope of some issues. I recognize institutionalized racism and consider myself lucky I didn't end up "trapped" in a ghetto the way a lot of young blacks do. I recognize police brutality even if I don't fear it directly myself. I recognize the impact of the lack of black role models in popular media. And on and on.

I am not questioning Katiuska and Emmy and Toni's experiences because I think they are liars or are pushing an agenda. I'm just trying to reconcile the seemingly small impact racism directly has on my life with the huge impact it has on theirs.

Yet, I feel like my experience with racism is written off and invalidated as self-hate programming or white apologia or obliviousness or dumb luck. Yet theirs is not examined for confirmation biaes, prejudices or self-fulfilling prophecies. Is that fair?

Quote:
You are arguing in circles, with points I didn't make.
Such as? I ask a lot of rhetorical questions but I'm not trying to mislead or muddy things. I just want to ensure that the internal logic used to judge things is consistent and able to handle edge cases. Granted I'm a poor excuse for Socrates.

Quote:
It all boils down to: identifying with our truth. Not what we want our truth to be. Only then can we change things.
Not to be too picky, but could you elaborate in that? I see a few potential meanings there and I wabt to make sure I'm on the same page.
wibskey and Lanfear like this.

Last edited by Kultcher; 06-24-2015 at 02:52 AM.