Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree51Likes

Old 07-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #41 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Paul has a really nice dick. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

So the other day I tried to figure out what, exactly, caused me to 'quit' KATG for awhile. I've been VIP catching up and finally dug through the forums and found the answer, sort of.

So evidently this was my own, personal 'straw that broke the camel's back' moment, three years ago. I was already listening less, but for some reason this conflict with Danny and the Frank thing got to me. Then I had some strong hot take on it all. And I got some responses I didn't like, so then I rage quit and replaced the text of my most recent 20 or so posts with the phrase "Fuck this" - and I logged off for three years.

Fortunately I got quoted in some responses, so we do have at least this excerpt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy

I realize I'm in the minority here (evidently) but when I heard the show with Frank, I swear I could hear in his voice how uncomfortable he was. This is like going home for Thanksgiving and having your mom and dad use that as an opportunity to air out several years of nitpicky issues over dinner. Awkward as hell, and worse if you weren't given any warning.

I am not surprised in the least at the reaction he had, regardless of how he expressed it. He doesn't need the KATG audience to make a living, so it's a bridge easily burned. In retrospect, probably not the best thing to do with a first-time guest. It's not like he doesn't know anyone important in the industry...
To which Keith responded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Shame on you.
So now I have re-listened to 2204 and to this show when Frank's letter was read. My new thoughts, in no particular order:

1 - The letter does seem odd, and I guess 'old' in a sense
2 - Paul seems to be rolling with the recap and seems to see it as an opportunity to make jokes - who knew?
3 - Frank did too, on the show, but evidently was thinking something different in his head
4 - Being a podcast vs morning 'zoo' show, or interview show, you have different rules
5 - The listeners would still be interested whether Frank was here or not
6 - It doesn't seem to have hurt your ability to get Gilbert or anyone else on the show

So yeah, basically my initial reaction was weird. So was my rage quit, kinda embarrassing. It's like I'm still in junior high or something.

P.S. Keith - I'm sorry. I apologize!
Old 10-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Forgiven
DJ Trashy likes this.