Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith make more comic strips?
Yes 27 75.00%
No 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree58Likes

Old 07-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
I didn't point anything out. But I did hear about it before the show. And ultimately being on Chemda's side, I just want her to represent it better. I guess that might be asking too much of her. It's just frustrating because if the goal is to change minds, saying "no no why even bring that up?" is right around the point where a conservative thinker dismisses you entirely, just like you would to them for not acknowledging facts.
But it doesn't have anything to do with the cops killing him.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
But it doesn't have anything to do with the cops killing him.
Never said it did.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #23 (permalink)

i'd akin it to making someone admit how /awesome/ Brock Turner was at swimming. JUST ADMIT IT!!! JUST FUCKING SAY HE WAS AMAZING!!! IT'S A FACT!!! when that fact is irrelevant.

and, just to say it, having a record doesn't make you a shitty person. that assumption is problematic. like having lots of sex doesn't' make you a slut, but demanding a victim's fuck count be acknowledged so that you can label her a slut. JUST ADMIT HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU FUCKED!!! JUST ADMIT IT!!!

these things aren't helpful or relevant and focusing on them, /demanding/ a victim be labeled as "bad" before allowing the conversation to become relevant again, is harmful to holding perpetrators accountable. it sends a shit message.
memecherry and thirteen like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The problem is that people are getting too emotional and at that point are unable to coherently debate their point of view. When someone brings up their criminal history the very next question should be, "Okay, then do you feel that this person was dealt with fairly in this situation and why? How did the police that dealt with him know this guys history and if they did were their actions justified or even legal?" These are the correct responses so that you can achieve a dialogue and get that person to think of the issue as a whole." Yelling shut up, or fuck the police is just ignorant, destructive and divisive.
memecherry likes this.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

people have emotions. this is a highly charged issue. i think a little empathy, compassion, and patience is warranted more than expectations of Vulcan like logic in the face of grief. be a human.
memecherry likes this.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Where the fuck you at dude? Fuck your job, come here and respond. Tell me why it's more important that I admit that outside of this situation he's a shitty dude. Come back and argue that some more you piece of garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
The problem is that people are getting too emotional and at that point are unable to coherently debate their point of view. When someone brings up their criminal history the very next question should be, "Okay, then do you feel that this person was dealt with fairly in this situation and why? How did the police that dealt with him know this guys history and if they did were their actions justified or even legal?" These are the correct responses so that you can achieve a dialogue and get that person to think of the issue as a whole." Yelling shut up, or fuck the police is just ignorant, destructive and divisive.
WELL I GUESS ILL JUST BE THAT. DESTRUCTIVE AND DEVISIVE. MAYBE YOU'LL GET CAUGHT UP IN MY FLAMES SO YOU CAN SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET OUT OF MY WAY. FUCK DIALOGUE. YOU SEE KT HAPPENING IN THE POST ABOVE AND IT'S GETTING JUST AS MUCH DONE AS MY YELLING.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I haven't cackled like a witch in public for a while and I did it today listening to Kaite try to wrap her head around Keith's logic. A+++++ episode
<3

I would fuck Mark Hunt long before I fuck Whathisface from the WWF.

here's that ass she was talking about.
I would eat it
Bucho and memecherry like this.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Often when I listen to episodes I have a voice in my head telling me 'hey it's just Keith public persona - he likes to be crass - he thinks it's funny if he never admits he could be wrong - it's a comedy show - Chemda and Cat are clever and lovely ladies that would not be with him if he really was like that"

This episode made it really hard to believe this inner voice.
memecherry and Newsy like this.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I haven't cackled like a witch in public for a while and I did it today listening to Kaite try to wrap her head around Keith's logic. A+++++ episode
<3

I would fuck Mark Hunt long before I fuck Whathisface from the WWF.

here's that ass she was talking about.
I would eat it
He obviously hasn't stretched his scrotum to increase the below the belt region
Old 07-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

While Alton's rap sheet may be available to the public, it is not in any way connected or relevant to his murder, in my opinion. Just like the gun they didn't see in his pocket until after he was killed, the officers also didn't conveniently have his past convictions pulled up before they murdered him. There are no connections between his past and his murder and they should not be presented as such.

Just like the rapist swimmer... His swim times don't (shouldn't) lessen the severity of his crimes. If he ended up murdering that woman, would they still try to push that sweet and innocent profile of him in the media to soften his image? Would his family members still write those glowing character letters about their baby boy if he was a murderer? Why does that kid's past clear him of his present crimes, yet Alton's past (that he did his time for) justifies his murder?

Look at how hard they're trying to find past criminal activity on Phil. They can't find anything that could paint him in a bad light, so they're resorting to creating false stories in order to somehow make his murder justified. What is the point of that? Even if he had a criminal past, he was legally carrying a firearm at the time he was killed. He was complying with the officer's orders, something that is constantly harped on and brought up every time innocent people of color are murdered, yet, he too was murdered.

The parents of the boy who recently fell into the gorilla enclosure had their past crimes/mugshots plastered all over the news after the accident, painting them as terrible and irresponsible people. What does their past have to do with the present accident at hand? However, the parents of the child who was killed by the alligator in Florida were shown more compassion/empathy by the public and media, and there was nothing about their past and/or crimes being brought up in the news. Why treat one accident differently than the other? Neither accidents were intentional or malicious, but society and the media treated both couples and situations vastly different.

I found this video and I think it explains the BLM movement very well. I'm absolutely no expert and I am in no way trying to be, but this message closely resembles the feeds of the activists I follow who fight for and speak out about these issues daily.

https://youtu.be/oUr3ZBeosx4
memecherry likes this.