Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should we be celebrating Columbus Day?
Yes 4 8.51%
No 43 91.49%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 10-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2489: Locker Room Talk

with John Knefel – Molly Knefel co-hosts: Columbus Day; in-person thank you cards; how to be more present; the second presidential debate and Pussygate revisited; Chemda calls in

Guests:
John Knefel

Molly Knefel

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 10-11-2016 at 11:44 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Another great co-host. You're doing such great work. I am excited for the rest of the week
Keith, The Girl and kevinquinn like this.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Edit: Should have listened for another 2 minutes before posting this cause you already know.

Regarding the Skittles meme. The photo used in the meme was created by a refugee... Oh the irony.

Here is part of an article from New York Magazine:

David Kittos of the United Kingdom has informed the Trump campaign that the very photograph it used to dehumanize refugees was composed and shot by a refugee. Specifically, himself.

“I am now a British citizen but I am Greek-Cypriot by birth and in 1974 I was a refugee because of the Turkish occupation,” the 48-year-old Kittos told the BBC. “I was 6 years old. We lived in the area of Cyprus that is now under Turkish military control. We had to leave everything behind overnight. Our property and our possessions.”

Kittos took the photo in his home studio, while experimenting with “off-camera flash.” He then posted it to Flickr in January 2010, where someone saw his work and thought, This can be used to express my contempt for people displaced by war.

“This isn’t about the money for me. They could have just bought a cheap image from a micro stock library,” Kittos observed in his interview with the BBC. “This is pure greed from them. I don’t think they care about my feelings.”

The fact that the tweet remains on Donald Trump Jr.’s Twitter feed suggests Kittos is correct.
Keith, MichaelApproved and Mattman like this.

Last edited by Midwest Mike; 10-11-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: cause this was mentioned on the show after I posted this
Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

When I heard "grab them by the pussy." I thought he meant, once you are a star you don't need any tact when approaching a woman. You can even just walk up and grab their pussy. It seemed like he was being hyperbolic.

I want to make it clear that I'm not defending Trump. But listening to the tape didn't really hit me like it did with others.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I mentioned that.

Do you talk like they did minus the pussy grabbing part?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I mentioned that.

Do you talk like they did minus the pussy grabbing part?
No, not really. Like you said on the show a lot of what they said just sounded awkward and weird. I have nudged a friend when a really good looking women was around, or subtly pointed her out. I mean it is objectification but the way the news covers it, it comes across that no one has had those primal thoughts about someone that they think is hot. Like no guy has ever seen a woman with great legs and then thought; "damn." Or like spring in NYC when it finally gets warm and all the cleavage comes back out?

The story is bad enough; a presidential candidate openly ogling women, and admitting that he tried to cheat by taking a woman furniture shopping. But saying he condones sexual assault... like I said just seems like hyperbole.

Again to be clear I'm not trying to defend Trump. Just trying to better understand how people got "condones sexual assault." from what was said.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

the part where if you're a celebrity you can do anything you want? the part where he says he can't help himself when a woman is beautiful and he doesn't wait to kiss them?

all of it implying that he actively does both these things. it's not a stretch. he's gleefully bragging about his ability to force himself on people. what's there not to get?

it wasn't a "i would if i could fantasy" it was a "i do this, tee hee"
Keith, The Girl, Los and 1 others like this.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Invader, and no pun on your name, don't tell us what some news is saying. Who gives a shit? We're asking what are YOU thinking.

Don't play devil's advocate based on an opinion you don't care about.
The Girl likes this.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
the part where if you're a celebrity you can do anything you want? the part where he says he can't help himself when a woman is beautiful and he doesn't wait to kiss them?

all of it implying that he actively does both these things. it's not a stretch. he's gleefully bragging about his ability to force himself on people. what's there not to get?

it wasn't a "i would if i could fantasy" it was a "i do this, tee hee"
I guess... maybe? I don't know, its just "condones sexual assault" seems like a lot to read into the statements. It just seemed like he was acting like a big man, all talk kind of stuff. Even when Trump got off the bus Billy Bush was the one being really aggressive and handsy, suggested the hug and asking "which one would you pick?" Which just makes it seem to me that Trump likes talking shit when he thinks no one is listening. Which to me would be just as damning and more accurate to what is on the tape.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Invader, and no pun on your name, don't tell us what some news is saying. Who gives a shit? We're asking what are YOU thinking.

Don't play devil's advocate based on an opinion you don't care about.
That is why I'm asking. It doesn't seem to me that he was specifically condoning sexual assault. Objectifying, ogling, talking shit... yes. But I seem to be the only one who thinks that. Saying you can get away with something is very different than saying its okay to do something.