Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #61 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

damn you

those are good points

ok how about this

in theory there must be some basic line in the sand which we call the bare minimum health care which our citizens will get for free

(now i'm just trying to get you to agree with me on something)

if that doesn't work.....

butt plugs are not the same as pacifiers

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
ok how about this

in theory there must be some basic line in the sand which we call the bare minimum health care which our citizens will get for free

i would agree here. you break your arm and are uninsured, you shouldnt be SOL. problem comes in where that line is, very debateable, but i agree.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #63 (permalink)

I've not killed any future babies myself (yet), but as a pharmacist...here's the answers to all the drug questions.

Plan B (morning after pill) is basically birthcontrol pills at higher doses. Before Plan B (or Preven) came out, docs would prescribe 8 tablets of Lo-ovral (birthconrol pills) to be taken in 2 doses 12 hours apart. The high hormone levels usually make women feel sick to their stomach...and a lot of them end up throwing up...which means they threw up the pills they just took and need to get a new rx. The concerns with making it available OTC are not exactly unfounded. I've had many patients who get Plan B many times over within a month or two time. I try to explain to them that it is NOT a good form of birthcontrol...and you might wanna either go on the pill or close your fucking legs. Getting ahold of your doc on the weekend tho can be quite difficult. Hopefully they give pharmacists limited prescribing rights so we can prescribe them.....but we've had so many issues with religious nuts not wanting to do their fucking job and fill prescriptions for birthcontrol...they probably won't want to do this either.

The pill made of horse urine wasn't a birthcontrol pill....its actually hormone replacement pill for women going through menopause and is still on the market. Its called Premarin and stands for Pregnant (pre) mare (mar) urine (in). There is some cancer drug taken from the ovaries of chinese hamsters. How the fuck they discovered that....I dunno.

And yeh, insurance doesn't reimburse as much as people paying out of pocket based on where in the country you are buying medication because it goes off of average wholesale price. Thats why you have drug formularies on your insurance because insurance companies make deals with drug companies to include them. Blahblahblah, its pretty boring.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #64 (permalink)

what about Byetta and gilamonster(cant spell that) saliva

Last edited by DanClass; 04-08-2006 at 08:51 PM. Reason: because i want you to wait 1 more post to see how badly i spell
Old 04-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #65 (permalink)
mkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
what about Byetta and helamonster(cant spell that) saliva
It is "Gila monster"
Old 04-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl
It is "Gila monster"
fuck i was no where close

/so ashamed
Old 04-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #67 (permalink)

Also sprach Cobain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
doesnt mandrake induce abortion as well?
I think you're thinking of Pennyroyal. At the correct dose it's an abortive, too high and it's poison.

Quick google of 'mandrake root uses' seems to indicate it as toxic, whereas a similar search does turn up pennyroyal as an abortive. (second search was just to make sure that they weren't just covering up a use for mandrake)

PK
Old 04-10-2006, 09:18 PM   #68 (permalink)

cry, cry, cry

I used to work customer service for a cel phone company. Had people try the crying thing. Never believed them. What you do is tell them you're going to put them on hold and call the police for them. Then you put them on hold. The call usually drops.

No one is colder than a customer rep, and they're all underpaid. Offer to pay the CSR to rough up the president of aol for 'double what they're paying you.' They'll at least consider it, and it probably won't cost you that much.

PK
Old 04-13-2006, 05:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Abortion Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
re: morning after pill

Maybe it was before the "morning after pill" was actually legal. I went once to PP for "emergency contraception" and essentially, they give you 8 birth control pills. i think you take 4 there, and 4 the next morning.

The More You Know...
Here is another alternative...http://www.yikers.com/video_franks_h...rtion_kit.html