Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Hidden Fences: Were Jenna Bush and Michael Keaton being subconsciously racist?
Yes 12 40.00%
No 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 01-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I read the link.

His "act out" is definitely one in which he is using a disability as the butt of the joke.
definitely??? - bullshit

Quote:
That particular reporter has a disability that resembles Trump's
"act out".

Trump is probably just exaggerating the guy's disability, that's what assholes do when mocking people. Do you really think Trump would go and do research on the guy's particular form of disability and its symptoms before mocking him?

But let's say he wasn't referencing that particular reporter at all, he still used disability for a butt of a joke.
Disabled people are not the only people who flail - it is only your assumption he denigrating the disabled.

I don't know if he is or not, but it looks like there are 50 million Americans who probably disagree with you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You weren't joking about a Catholics 4 Trump link.

You didn't even mind. Good for you.
Lanfear and Mermaid like this.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Jenna reacted the way most people act when called out on their shit.

It's what makes solving racism almost impossible.

No one wants to believe anything they do is racist or is a result of implicit bias.

Then when they get taken to task, rather than apologize and learn from it they get indignant an defensive.

This is one of the problems of defining racism by "what's in your heart" rather than the tangible negative effects it has on POC.
But if someone makes a mistake that looks like it could racist but isn't - you make them apologise for being a racist.

And then they get indignant and defensive - big surprise.

And then you complain about them being defensive, and wonder why we cant solve racism? If they are not racist and just made a mistake, what the fuck are they supposed to learn?
Old 01-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You weren't joking about a Catholics 4 Trump link.

You didn't even mind. Good for you.
If it supports Trump's position it is naturally going to some sort of right wing website - but the evidence is there on its own merits you don't have to read the text if you are worried about bias.

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 01-10-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweaty Balls View Post
I'd suggest to anyone that understanding the propaganda put out by the right is one of the most important things you can do if you want to get rid of Trump.

btw - Cattholics for Trump are not the worst of it by a long shot.
Yes you should understand it but you should not fucking VALIDATE it by using it as a valid basis for arguments?
My dear, I thought you were a clever dude - do you really not see that Trump is being an asshole here? Is that how you think a high ranking official should act even if it's in the pre-election phase?
I for one prefer my leaders to be better than that
Old 01-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweaty Balls View Post
But if someone makes a mistake that looks like it could racist but isn't - you make them apologise for being a racist.

And then they get indignant and defensive - big surprise.

And then you complain about them being defensive, and wonder why we cant solve racism? If they are not racist and just made a mistake, what the fuck are they supposed to learn?
Let's talk statistics, false positives and confirmation bias:

Do you know that sometimes test show you have a disease when in fact you are not? Percentages vary

Unfortunately accusations of sexism, racism, ableism other -isms are a shitty test if the ones judging it are not the affected party.

So sometimes just shutting the fuck up and admitting that you most likely didn't know what you were doing wrong but are sorry is a solid strategy.
Mermaid likes this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 01-10-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Music makes everything better
Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Yes you should understand it but you should not fucking VALIDATE it by using it as a valid basis for arguments?
My dear, I thought you were a clever dude - do you really not see that Trump is being an asshole here? Is that how you think a high ranking official should act even if it's in the pre-election phase?
I for one prefer my leaders to be better than that
I'm not validating shit - I watched a handful of vids. You should do the same. I do not think trump is being an arsehole here.

btw - I've started reading a lot of pro right news since trump won. I just couldn't understand what happened.

Every now and then I learn something (usually confirming an anti-trump position), and this time I happened to learn something that supports Trump's position.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Any way you can simply explain it?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

Yeah - Trump has this go to motion he does, physically flailing around, to demonstrate someone figuratively flailing.

He's done it when talking bout himself, he did it talking about bankers a month before the incident.

And he did it when talking about a reporter - who he didn't realise at the time that had a disability that looked something akin to Trump's flailing action.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Let's talk statistics, false positives and confirmation bias:

Do you know that sometimes test show you have a disease when in fact you are not? Percentages vary

Unfortunately accusations of sexism, racism, ableism other -isms are a shitty test if the ones judging it are not the affected party.

So sometimes just shutting the fuck up and admitting that you most likely didn't know what you were doing wrong but are sorry is a solid strategy.
Hang on, you want someone to say "I don't know what I did wrong but I'm sorry."

Don't ever apologise to me like that. Thats right up there with I'm sorry you feel that way as a non apology.