Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Hidden Fences: Were Jenna Bush and Michael Keaton being subconsciously racist?
Yes 12 40.00%
No 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #61 (permalink)

i will defend the mastery of excel as craft, near witchery, to my last dying breath.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #62 (permalink)

[QUOTE=The Girl;857527]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
Exactly, fuck em! Get off our fucking lawn party pooper, spew your evil criticism somewhere else! The forums are for circlejerks and praise only, you should know that by now. I for one loved the guests points and I think Chemda was spot on as always. During her free jazz/free association social justice rants I swear I could feel the rest of the countries opinions shift just a teensy bit. If she keeps on yelling her points, preferably as long disjointed and hopefully uninterrupted rants we might actually be close to a national awakening. Keith of course shrewdly kept his distance during the discussion but you know, Keith is Keith. And we all love him for that. /QUOTE]

I hope I don't come off as attacking critics. I think I'm writing how I feel when it's pro/counter someone's argument.

I'm not sure what this criticism is though. I go on tangents that you don't like? You didn't like my opinion?

How am I stopping people? I'm really asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for responding to me Chemda. I didn't actually mean that you attack critics and I can see how my posts point is quite muddled. I was very angry because mike7010's post resonated with me and Keiths only response was to just ridicule him. It hit a nerve with me because I've kept myself from expressing criticism on this forum for a while now because I knew from long experience reading this forum that any criticism is always immediately answered by Keith personally attacking the poster (using prior post history, age, fatness, whatever works). I find that especially unfair because Keith holds considerable authority here and his hostile responses have usually set the mood for everyone else to pile on and fight any dissenting voice. And sure, hostile posts like mine don't actually deserve a response, but I have never seen Keith respond to ANY post with anything other than, at best, a mocking tone, or at worst, devastating ridicule.

Regarding my savage criticism of your "rants" (as I put it). I'm not actually as angry with what you say on the show as it comes across in my post. I'm sorry, I was really angry. I know you put yourself out there every episode and the way I attacked you for it is unfair. If there is anything to take away from that part it is that I feel like your listeners hear what you're saying and I'm convinced everybody listening agrees.

You described it best on this very episode when you responded (around 27:00), after John said that that Clinton supporters are just continuing to make the same points in a knee-jerk reaction instead of listening and reevaluating their approach:

Quote:
I get that, and I'm scared that I'm doing that but everytime I feel like I need to stop I get worried that we're going to be complacent ...
I think that that is very couragious of you, but because I already agree it gets tiring to have to hear it over and over again. And since I am convinced that the other listeners already agree as well, I fail to see the benefit of keeping up that fight on this platform where you won't reach the people who actually need to hear it. That's what I was trying to say. It's not the length of your rants, not the style, not how articulate you are (sorry again for saying you're not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Chemda's going to show us all that this can go somewhere. Luis is 26 years old, so surely he can hold a discussion. This will definitely be worth her time.

Bring on the counter attacks? What the fuck did you even say?

And Keith, thanks for pointing out my age I forgot how you love to judge people based on that. That goes both ways though. How is your genius method of judging people working out for you at 40 something. Looks to me like you've ended up a sad drunk with little to no actual friends hiding your drinking binges by spending whole afternoons at the movies (don't ask don't tell, right catherine?). Take away the cloak of your wife's actual success and you're not much more of an adult than you were at 26 yourself.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #63 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I guess I should assume you don't mean this either?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #64 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Loved John Opdycke's take on the election. Would love to hear him expand beyond merely mentioning 'bi-partisanship' Let's face it. The two party system is outdated.

Would like to hear John back on show with more examples of how Dems collude with Republicans to control the election. I think this would influence more liberal voters in the future.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Andrew McCarthy played Blane in Pretty In Pink. James Spader is in the picture in show notes. #FireDanny
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Andrew McCarthy played Blane in Pretty In Pink. James Spader is in the picture in show notes. #FireDanny
#BeatYouToIt
The Girl likes this.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:00 AM   #67 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

You're an artist.

Of posting the wrong pictures.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweaty Balls View Post
Yeah you got me
All I needed to hear.

Keith likes this.