Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side were you on during the discussion of the Family Ties impersonator?
Chemda 25 64.10%
Yamaneika 14 35.90%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree141Likes

Old 02-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbliss View Post
I already wrote, "males, stop raping," on this thread. Isn't that obvious? Do I need to include it with every new post?
I sure wish somebody would have told my cousin to not expose himself in front of me & my friends when I was 13. Also wish somebody would have told him to not tickle me in sexually inappropriate ways. I didn't have many male figures in my life & looked up to him so much I didn't tell anyone till I was way in my 20's. Even then took me a long time to realize I did nothing wrong.

I sure wish somebody would have taught my friend that drugging women & then forcing yourself onto their lifeless bodies is wrong.

I sure wish somebody would have told my previous lover that no matter how many times we have had sex, no still means no.

Do you think all of that would have been fixed with "Hey, you, stop raping"?
The Girl and Lanfear like this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
I sure wish somebody would have told my cousin to not expose himself in front of me & my friends when I was 13. Also wish somebody would have told him to not tickle me in sexually inappropriate ways. I didn't have many male figures in my life & looked up to him so much I didn't tell anyone till I was way in my 20's. Even then took me a long time to realize I did nothing wrong.

I sure wish somebody would have taught my friend that drugging women & then forcing yourself onto their lifeless bodies is wrong.

I sure wish somebody would have told my previous lover that no matter how many times we have had sex, no still means no.

Do you think all of that would have been fixed with "Hey, you, stop raping"?
Or was there something I didn't do... just not enough of....?
Old 02-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that how you teach boys consent? "Hey, you, stop raping"

I think we can do more than that if we are expecting women to "do more", no?
Yes: let's do everything in our power to raise boys who respect women. Again, I would have thought this would be obvious AND not mutually exclusive with teaching girls risk-mitigation.

I will include "let's do everything in our power to raise boys who respect women" at the bottom of any/all future posts in this thread, just so that there's no confusion.

Let's do everything in our power to raise boys who respect women.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes: let's do everything in our power to raise boys who respect women. Again, I would have thought this would be obvious AND not mutually exclusive with teaching girls risk-mitigation.

I will include "let's do everything in our power to raise boys who respect women" at the bottom of any/all future posts in this thread, just so that there's no confusion.

Let's do everything in our power to raise boys who respect women.
Unfortunately this part of the conversation is LARGELY missing when discussing sexual assault....

You don't need to do an insincere copy & paste.

It does NOTHING to help the conversation. It's condescending. Like most of your tone in many of these posts, thus the responses you have been getting. At least that's how it came across to me.

Thanks for at least "trying to do your part" I'll be over here trying to not get raped, deal?
Old 02-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately this part of the conversation is LARGELY missing when discussing sexual assault....

You don't need to do an insincere copy & paste.

It does NOTHING to help the conversation. It's condescending. Like most of your tone in many of these posts, thus the responses you have been getting. At least that's how it came across to me.

Thanks for at least "trying to do your part" I'll be over here trying to not get raped, deal?
Chemda and guest didn't spend time on the show discussing the obvious fact that none of this would be any sort of issue if men stopped raping. They took that as a given and moved on with the discussion. I was just following suit.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Chemda and guest didn't spend time on the show discussing the obvious fact that none of this would be any sort of issue if men stopped raping. They took that as a given and moved on with the discussion. I was just following suit.
And the discussion on here went beyond that...

Thought it was the point of having these discussions on the forums, not just repeating what was said on the show, but possibly expanding on it?
The Girl likes this.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #47 (permalink)

I gave my personal experience to expand the conversation.

It is not easy to speak up on these things.

I'm done for now...

Hard enough to re hash the times I was sexually assaulted.

Catch y'all later.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
And the discussion on here went beyond that...

Thought it was the point of having these discussions on the forums, not just repeating what was said on the show, but possibly expanding on it?
That's fair.

So, again: no tone and no condescension: people who assault other people are the problem and, if we could do away with that, the rest of this would be moot.

Until that happens, will we teach our daughters that there're no steps they can take to mitigate their risk? I propose that we do not teach them that.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #49 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Curious. How many people responding on this forum actually have sons? What exactly did you say to them?

Ultimately, I blame religion. It's prevented parents from talking to kids about sex for - forever. It's become an unnecessarily taboo subject and most parents are weak.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 02-22-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #50 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

"Crime can be mitigated." So how does this apply to drug problem? Just make 'em illegal, right?

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.