Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you be able to execute the belt murderer with a belt?
Yes 5 17.86%
No, but I’d like somebody else to 11 39.29%
No, and I don’t think she should die by a belt anyway 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree45Likes

Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

add to that, in our country, this kind of retributive justice is not how we do things. sorry, thirsty blood monsters, there's an eighth amendment at play. it's this kind of emotional knee jerk example of "should" that people would use to weaken what protects us all. not having it. "for the children," they cry, red leather in hand.

is what she did reprehensible? yes. does justice look like a bloody pulpy mess? no. the law is reason free from passion. #Aristotle #LegallyBlonde

Last edited by Sparrow; 05-25-2017 at 04:59 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Let me tell you a story about heartbreak and the Falcons losing the Super Bowl. My Mom who died last year and my stepdad are HUGE Falcons fans that have been season ticket holders forever. My stepdad wanted the family to come watch the game at his and my mom's house. Our family needed a pick me up. My stepdad keeps my mom on top of the TV. We were high fiving her after every touchdown.

Then we lost. We left the house without saying a word.

Thanks Falcons.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 1 others like this.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

Chemda stop kidding yourself that you can be the physically tough person. You often remind me so much of the way my brain works that I'm sure you'd over think it all and be far to empathetic to your opponent. I can accept it but I still regret how little I stood up for myself at school but I just wasn't that person. My testosterone side still bullies me for being a testicle though, reminding me of past regrets.

Whenever I've had to fight its never just been "fuck this guy lets go", it's always "but, what if, oh no, consequences".

One example - I was refereeing a casual basketball game back in high school. Someone on one of the teams didn't like my decisions apparently and hit me in the face from behind/ beside me so I didn't even see it coming. I had hated this guy for years and had dreamt of smashing his face in. As my ears are ringing and my vision is shaky, I know I have to hit him back or lose even more face but at the same time I'm aware that there is a teacher down the other end of the courts and if we get caught fighting I'll get in more trouble and what if this happens or that happens and getting punched hurts and I don't want to hurt people and oh I'm swinging now and have hit him but cant tell if it was hard or not and now somehow he's sitting down over there and I have a black eye and I should go kick him in the fucking head... Someone later told me I barely touched him.

I'd guess the Keiths of the world don't think like that and I'm jealous.

Having too much empathy sucks balls.
Keith, The Girl and Bucho like this.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums

Last edited by WittyReference; 05-26-2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: I'm always rushing while I cover someone's lunch break and then find typos and shit
Old 05-26-2017, 07:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Keith this comes from a place of love. I have never heard an accent like yours. It sounds like an amalgamation of all of the accents north of the Mason Dixon line. I love it.
My working theory is that Keith is actually from the UK. Like many British singers, Keith's on-air personality uses what he thinks an American accent sounds like.

Further proof: what American just goes and marries a girl from Ireland?
Apia and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

As for Disney Nature, let's not forget that their precursor is the one who drove lemmings off cliffs to show the (false) idea that lemmings will follow each other to their deaths.

They're not nice people.
jcro21 and Apia like this.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's disruptive to the good folks in the justice system to have to spend all day beating someone to death.

Much better to use a captive bolt pistol and dispose of the body in a crematorium. Spend as little time, effort, and emotional energy as possible.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

How long you think it'll take?

All day? I'll be done in 5 minutes. Promise.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hearing Badass Andrea educate the gang on the dark arts of the ruck and scrum and other assorted Rugby Union shenanigans was absolutely top notch. It's dang near impossible to find footage of dirty scrum business, since the whole point is you do it underneath, where nobody - either officials or cameras - can see, but there are some choice cuts of rucking in plain sight from idiots who should know better.

What's fun about this one - a couple to the head with a couple of nice scrapes down the back to follow up - is Williams and McCaw were brothers in arms in the All Blacks, but when it came to facing off in their regional teams Ali would have a crack at anyone not wearing the same jersey as him.

At the lower levels of the game, club and school level, with less experienced/eagle-eyed officials it's easier to get away with this kind of malarkey.
Keith and Archimedes_Screw like this.