Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith follow Dante’s advice?
Yes 21 33.33%
No 42 66.67%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree274Likes

Old 07-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #51 (permalink)

My friends and associates are those who listened the first time I said something. I don't keep around the others.

I am very frank and honest about what bothers me and am seen amongst my friends as someone who "doesn't play".

I don't "suffer fools" so they will even warn their male friends to not come at me with bullshit.

So there is no one regularly in my life that needs to be corrected.

Weeding out the red flags and habitual line stepper immediately works for me.

It is a stress free existence.

And yes, lines of disrespect are individual. I've had to remind a good friend that just because she openly curses and discusses sexual explicit things with her parents doesn't mean it's alright to do with mine.

The most I've ever had to do was a good read. Or showing them the door.
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

so you don't find it weird he keeps them around escalating his tactics until it explodes? this non-negotiable shit is how he's justifying behavior that clearly demonstrates how he feels about these women.

i think you're hearing me disagree with a no-nonsense way of going about life, i don't, being clear and decisive is fine. what is not fine is contriving circumstances for people to fail you. that's fucked up and a kind of non-negotiable behavior i have for people i associate with.
memecherry likes this.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I still would not like to date someone who makes such a big difference between how women should be like and how men should be like.

And it's really different in a marriage or relationship that is long term.
You know you love the other person and that this person loves and respects you. You have gone through some stuff together and know each other.

I know that my husband is at least 95% ideal for me, so I can deal with the left annoying 5 %, because there is so much good stuff and I know realisticly we are an extremely good match.

I hope my husband will continue to develop in some areas but even if he doesn't, it's still pretty good. That's why I'm relaxed about it.
That's great. Everyone is different tho.

I'm more like the video below.

Compromise?!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
My friends and associates are those who listened the first time I said something. I don't keep around the others.

I am very frank and honest about what bothers me and am seen amongst my friends as someone who "doesn't play".

I don't "suffer fools" so they will even warn their male friends to not come at me with bullshit.

So there is no one regularly in my life that needs to be corrected.

Weeding out the red flags and habitual line stepper immediately works for me.

It is a stress free existence.

And yes, lines of disrespect are individual. I've had to remind a good friend that just because she openly curses and discusses sexual explicit things with her parents doesn't mean it's alright to do with mine.

The most I've ever had to do was a good read. Or showing them the door.
well, glad i don't know you then. i would never want somrone like that in my life. and i would never want a man who learns at Dante's feet in my life.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
so you don't find it weird he keeps them around escalating his tactics until it explodes? this non-negotiable shit is how he's justifying behavior that clearly demonstrates how he feels about these women.

i think you're hearing me disagree with a no-nonsense way of going about life, i don't, being clear and decisive is fine. what is not fine is contriving circumstances for people to fail you. that's fucked up and a kind of non-negotiable behavior i have for people i associate with.
I thought it was obvious that he is just keeping these women around for sex and maybe casual dating.

It's pretty common for people to keep people with some undesirable characteristics around for sex. Otherwise they'd probably be dating seriously.

I think the friends with benefits situations are complicated and rife with opportunity for hurt and feelings of disrespect.

It's pretty common for those types of things to end in an explosion of emotions.

It just seems like he doesn't feel anything about these women which is why he is able to dismiss them so easily when he feels slighted.

I don't automatically see it as him viewing them as less than. It is not out of the question. I just didn't get that vibe.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
well, glad i don't know you then. i would never want somrone like that in my life. and i would never want a man who learns at Dante's feet in my life.
Good thing there are 7 billion people in this world that you can pick and choose from to be friends with and date. 😊
Old 07-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #57 (permalink)

i've got a pretty good radar for monsters and their monster tricks. the ones that like it, anyway. Dante likes it. no. Dante /loves/ it. makes him feel powerful. like the gargantuan Alpha bull he sees himself as.

regardless, i'd still hang with you. no question. i respond well to a strong hand. #friendship
memecherry, Jenni, Apia and 1 others like this.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #58 (permalink)

i dont feel like it matters if its casual sex or not. ive had my fair share of casual sexual relationships, and none of them have treated me like garbage like this, or cut me out at the slightest sign of drama or 'disrespect'.

i think Dante is just a former pimp with a horroble view of women, the world, and relationships with garbage looks and an even more garbage personality. he puts up a million red flags, and so the only women who go for him have their own million red flags. from this, he concludes that all women are like the ones he attracts.
memecherry, Scorpion and Sparrow like this.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i've got a pretty good radar for monsters and their monster tricks. the ones that like it, anyway. Dante likes it. no. Dante /loves/ it. makes him feel powerful. like the gargantuan Alpha bull he sees himself as.

regardless, i'd still hang with you. no question. i respond well to a strong hand. #friendship
I like you too sis. You be outchea respectfully disagreeing and whatnot 💚
memecherry and Sparrow like this.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #60 (permalink)

'Apparently there's an alt right club called "proud boys", and Dante is a member. Somehow, this all makes sense...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boys