View Poll Results: Who will win?
Floyd "$" Mayweather 11 57.89%
Conor "€" McGregor 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 4 Post By Mermaid
  • 2 Post By Jo_Culprit

Old 07-23-2017, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2677: Stove Top Fucking

Sydnee Washington – Customer service; being fired; relationships, sobriety, and breast implants; R. Kelly and 13-year-olds; Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor; how a man should discuss feminist issues

Guest:
Sydnee Washington

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

If Conor can just land one punch he's got this. I'm hoping he gets lucky. I'm excited To see. Also the interviews and shit talking have been A+ spec tac u lar.

"I'll fooking knock him out in thee first four rounds. Mark me words." Conor. LOL
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Didn't it sound like with LetSayBob's letter that the problem wasn't that he wasn't taking a minute and trying to come from a respectful place. It was that he couldn't manage to express any opinion, no matter how feminist leaning that was slightly different to hers without her blowing up? This is pre-emptively painting the validity of his thoughts by the perceived group privilege instead of him as an individual.

Postmodernism in Feminism asserts that people from an oppressed group will have more to say in that area than people outside that group. Which is where Chemdas 'take a minute' sentiment comes in play. This logic comes from a good place however some people knowingly or unknowingly tend to extend the implementation of this idea to take away individuality of anyone outside the oppressed group and box them in as an 'oppressive other' who can't rightfully contribute as an individual.

Which becomes classist and Marxist unfortunately. Then in turn right-wing people will jump up and down about Feminism being entirely Marxist when in reality it's only one stream of thought in Feminism.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 07-24-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Didn't it sound like with LetSayBob's letter that the problem wasn't that he wasn't taking a minute and trying to come from a respectful place. It was that he couldn't manage to express any opinion, no matter how feminist leaning that was slightly different to hers without her blowing up? This is pre-emptively painting the validity of his thoughts by the perceived group privilege instead of him as an individual.

Postmodernism in Feminism asserts that people from an oppressed group will have more to say in that area than people outside that group. Which is where Chemdas 'take a minute' sentiment comes in play. This logic comes from a good place however some people knowingly or unknowingly tend to extend the implementation of this idea to take away individuality of anyone outside the oppressed group and box them in as an 'oppressive other' who can't rightfully contribute as an individual.

Which becomes classist and Marxist unfortunately. Then in turn right-wing people will jump up and down about Feminism being entirely Marxist when in reality it's only one stream of thought in Feminism.
Scorpion, Lanfear, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Ahhhhhhh Mermaid :/ , Did my best to carve the post to get across what I thought without oversimplifying or being inflammatory. Reading back now I should've reiterated that I'm not saying don't take minute to hear the person with the first hand experience. I was trying to communicate that there's a difference telling Bob to shut up in the moment and to shut up forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
And by not acting defensive in the moment you can enjoy it.
Yeah, the gap in LetSayBob's letter is how he's coming across to his girlfriend in those arguments.
kaligula and Mermaid like this.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 07-24-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Maybe it's cuz I only take ubers in the morning to work but I've never had any of these interesting characters in my Pool. No one talks to each other, no one is on their way to beat up a cheating ex. The most interesting interaction I've had was on a very rainy day a well dressed man who got in after me joined the conversation I was having with the driver about stupid people crossing the street with traffic coming towards them
Old 07-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Did anyone else hear a new side of Syndee in this episode? Or was I missing something before? I was really surprised by her response to the customer service discussion. I agree with Chemda that if you have a job doing customer service it's okay to expect you to serve customers. Yeah you're not a robot, just have your phone call or text or conversation when there's no one in line.

Has there ever been a poll on whether customer service people in your town are terrible? My experience in Calgary has been that they are almost always great.