Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you agree with more regarding cigarettes, sugar, and knowledge?
Keith 16 44.44%
Chemda 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree216Likes

Old 08-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Do you think Trump is not a racist? He has Steve Bannon and others in his cabinet or staff that are self confessed Alt-Right, that again, self admitting are white Americans for a White America.

Could it be that Trump is not a racist? Is he simply complicit? Is there a difference? IS there another angle I'm missing?

I think:
-If I haven't made it clear yet, that Trump is a racist and that being complicit to racism is the same as racism.

-Than not all Trump supporters white supremacists, no, but now a decision has to be made. If you supported Trump do you continue to and be complicit with the violence and hatred of other Americans? To me there is no more waiting to see how things go, something has to be decided.
I just wanted to point out that people who voted for Trump are also complicit to racism therefore they are also racist.

It doesn't matter if racism wasn't the main reason they voted for him. They decided that they would be okay with racism and white supremacy being a part of their packaged deal.

I think it's uncomfortable for some people to wrap their head around such a large amount of people supporting white supremacy. But it's best we live in reality.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #62 (permalink)

I just started graduate school in a new city.

I go to an HBCU now.

The relief I felt when I realized that when I woke up on Monday morning I wouldn't have to walk past a parking lot full of confederate flags and "vote for trump" stickers. I wouldn't have to expend extra energy all day to avoid talking about the news. I wouldn't have to navigate awkward interactions of white people trying to feel me out. I wouldn't have to spend my day looking into the eyes of the few coworkers I don't mind interacting with and wonder "am I their one black friend?".

I'm still in the south. Actually in an area that is a hotbed for KKK activity. Much more so than my hometown.

But I woke my black ass up on Monday with no heaviness. My mind wasn't preoccupied with a million versions of "if x happens then I'll do y to avoid z".

I was able to just exist in a way that I've never been able to do in a professional or educational environment. I know that this will only be something I'll be able to enjoy for 4 or 5 years. I'm gonna appreciate the hell out of this freedom while I have it.
The Girl, Los, memecherry and 4 others like this.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #63 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Chemdaaaaaaaaaa

Keith you already talked about how your family drank milk every night as if it was the best thing for you because that's how it was marketed, Forget lactose intolerance, it was just a big ass scheme to keep farmers happy and employed; same thing with most of this.

There was a very real campaign, in the 80s-90s, by the corn lobby (fructose corn syrup) and other sugar farmers where they hired their own scienetists to link the different kinds of fat in foods to heart disease and death. So the papers and magazines that Moms buy picked up those stories and thats where the focus went. Forget surgar and carbs, just look out for fatty oils!

(I didn't read other comments so if someone already said this, I'm not sorry)
Old 08-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Keith you already talked about how your family drank milk every night as if it was the best thing for you
Find me saying that and I will finally fuck you.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #65 (permalink)

this picture was taken today in the next town over. brazen.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #66 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Find me saying that and I will finally fuck you.

Good thing tomorrow is my day off
memecherry and Scorpion like this.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #67 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
this picture was taken today in the next town over. brazen.

I don't get it, can you explain it to me Sparrow. Sorry, I'm missing something.
Apia likes this.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Good thing tomorrow is my day off
I wish I had a few days off after this bull shit...

My Dad was born in Sweden and I'm seriously thinking of going back. My wife kinda joked about moving to Sweden or Canada but really I'm seriously considering it.
Canada might be a better choice... my Dad is 94 and healthy and I'd hate to move to far away from him. He would like to have a reason to visit Sweden but I don't think this would make him happy.
memecherry likes this.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #69 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

He's implying that Black slaves were imported to pick cotton. Recognizing their civil rights is apparently too high of a cost for him.

I'm always torn when I see signs like this. One the one hand, it makes it easy to spot the racist dumbasses. On the other hand, he's clearly not getting enough negative feedback.
memecherry, Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #70 (permalink)

flerchin gets it. if he knew he'd eventually have to treat people like people he wouldn't have bothered.
memecherry, Scorpion and Apia like this.