Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Chemda get a dog?
Yes 6 23.08%
No 20 76.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 08-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Goldens are a lot of dog. sounds like you did great!
The Girl, Scorpion and Mermaid like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Goldens are a lot of dog. sounds like you did great!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

yes, absolutely, dogs are incredible.
The Girl and Apia like this.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

real talk, i love my old gal Biscuit. she's been with me longer than my husband and i love her juuuuust a little bit more. i tell him that. probably more than i need to. like, i'll be completely devastated when she dies and that's gonna be within the next five years. both our species evolved to chill together and it's been a privilege and pleasure to be a part of that. somewhere in our respective DNA's we recognize each other. it's beautiful. get a dog.
Keith, Scorpion and Mermaid like this.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Good to know that Chemda thinks that Germany is horrendous for having laws against displaying Nazi symbols and holocaust denial and is super quick to decide that the dude can not be a Nazi he must just be drunk.

Chemda you really do think that alcohol is this supernatural magic drink that makes people do things against their will randomly and not just lowering their inhibitions and showing what they had deep down in them.
I didn't hear Chemda comment on the symbolism laws in Germany, did I miss it? Perhaps you misheard her?
But there are those that think those laws take things too far. They are allowed in museums and school books right? I mean do you teach history without pictures? I'm asking for a friend. (seriously thought I don't know)

She did come back and say punch the guy. She defaults peaceful.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Chemda dog!!! ... were it me, i'd start with not a puppy. an older dog might go a long way with training /you/ on how to dog.
I think that is a fucking fantastic idea, and older dog that is already trained to shit outside would be huge. I think a week with a new puppy might be too much. It can still be a puppy if you get lucky but just already trained some. I know Baby Butt probably wants to do some training but there is probably plenty of that possible still. Most people teach the basics of sit and down, he can teach other things.

ed: I know I said I would stop but this is a different topic. Plus you all know that was a joke right?

Last edited by Scorpion; 08-16-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I didn't hear Chemda comment on the symbolism laws in Germany, did I miss it? Perhaps you misheard her?
But there are those that think those laws take things too far. They are allowed in museums and school books right? I mean do you teach history without pictures? I'm asking for a friend. (seriously thought I don't know)

She did come back and say punch the guy. She defaults peaceful.
I know we all have our own specific pressure points that we freak out at

So here is mine:
Story starts around 8 minutes into the episode, what made me crazy about Chemda casually deploying the Trump style 'both sides are bad' justification starts at 10:30ish

You can show anything for educational purposes, so history text book, museum or documentary film: Totally fine
Marching with Nazi flags or a number of other related symbols on flags, shirts, showing the salute ... NOPE
Holocaust denial NOPE NOPE NOPE

Case in point to compare to the Tiki torches example this weekend in the US:
Quote:
In the early 2000s, Lonsdale clothing became popular among some European neo-Nazis, allegedly because a carefully placed outer jacket leaves only the letters NSDA showing; one letter short of NSDAP, the acronym for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, the German name of the Nazi Party.[2][3][4] Wearing a brand with no Nazi links in order to express Nazi sympathies helped bypass strict laws concerning the public display of Nazi symbolism.[5] In the Netherlands, Belgium, northern France, Spain and Germany, the term Lonsdale youth became widely used to describe teenagers with far right tendencies, and the brand was banned from certain schools in the Netherlands and Germany .[2][6]

Lonsdale reacted to this trend by sponsoring anti-racist events and campaigns, and by refusing to deliver products to known neo-Nazi retailers. In 2003, the "Lonsdale Loves All Colours" campaign was launched, emphasizing non-white fashion models, along with increased support for initiatives that combat racism.[6]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonsdale_(clothing)
Old 08-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I think that is a fucking fantastic idea, and older dog that is already trained to shit outside would be huge. I think a week with a new puppy might be too much. It can still be a puppy if you get lucky but just already trained some. I know Baby Butt probably wants to do some training but there is probably plenty of that possible still. Most people teach the basics of sit and down, he can teach other things.

ed: I know I said I would stop but this is a different topic. Plus you all know that was a joke right?
Shout your heart out about anything you want, as Sparrow said it's helpful to work things through with an audience that may or may not agree with you
Unless you anger Keith of course, that's a bit of a no no here to insult our beloved leader
Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

A. Lanfear's a weirdo about something that I offended her about. No idea. I'll never know. She'll say that shit here and again. Very nice in person. Kiss to the Miss.

B. I have no idea what you think you heard Chemda say in this show that's getting you riled up. I reheard the whole thing.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
A. Lanfear's a weirdo about something that I offended her about. No idea. I'll never know. She'll say that shit here and again. Very nice in person. Kiss to the Miss.

B. I have no idea what you think you heard Chemda say in this show that's getting you riled up. I reheard the whole thing.
A) Keith never wanted a forums - there is audio on that. Also Keith is for sure absolutely never ever no fucking way how dare anybody mention this these lying infidel liars that dare to offer a different opinion on anything in the slightest way. It's part of the Keith charm. It's papal infallibility - it's the bedrock KATG is built on.

B) As I said, my trigger point my problem
Mermaid likes this.