Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you have a sky daddy?
Yes 6 15.79%
No 32 84.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 10-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2737: Sky Daddy

with Christi Chiello — Church vs. the NFL; family dynamics; gun tests, automatic weapons, and KATG Polls; The Foreigner and Marshall reviewed

Guest:
Christi Chiello

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was all ready to go on here to say that I don't understand why Christi would go to the catholic church when she has that cool hipster church as a good alternative ...

... but then I had a look on wiki and unsurprisingly the Hillsong church has:
- their own child abuse pastor
- mismanages finances in general
- specifically had a pastor that faked having cancer and collected money from
their members
- and of course they don't support gay marriage
But maybe the songs are fun and that makes it all OK???
Scorpion and Shanateemanatee like this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 10-19-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

I love Christi. Her voice and laughter always makes me happy. However, the Catholic church is a child fucking kabal that hides pedophiles. Tithing goes towards defending these child fuckers.
Lanfear, Shanateemanatee and Apia like this.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

My grandmother can't watch the color purple because it's too much like her reality.

That movie is a cultural classic and gets brought up at every cookout/family gathering/any random gathering of blacks. Even with all this discussion, never in my life have I heard someone be offended or taken aback by the music. It's just you.

The book is much darker tho, if you are interested. It also goes into more detail about Celie's lesbian sexual awakening.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Love Christi so much. Follow her on Instagram. Lots of fun.
Binkers likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hillsong Church has had pastors like Judah Smith who is young, genuine, smart, and caring. Oh, and hipster shoes/ glasses etc That church is a good example of new spots where Grace, ( the forgiveness/ Jesus sacrifice) all the good feeling stuff. As opposed to God the father, angry deity send you to hell stuff. It's the opposite of what old time Christians call "fire and brimstone" preaching.

Their bands play loud like a rock show. Electric guitar and stuff. Its different. Oh and they do announce "all are welcome" which may as well have (yes queer - this means you) under it.

THE BOTTOM LINE REMAINS THE SAME. The book of Leviticus says man shall not lay with man. This is interpreted as Gays are sinning. Personally, I think the entire Bible is metaphor. Jordan Peterson has a great pod dissecting Flood Myth etc. I think if you look at the time period, you see the tribe of Judea needing to grow. There has historically always been men into gay sex. But the tribe could not expand if there was no P in the V.

Christians have fucked themselves by not admitting the Bible is full of metaphors. Most of which they're clueless about. I don't fault Christi or any one else of faith. There's good stuff in there. Unfortunately it's at the expense of others - your gay brothers and lesbian sisters.
Binkers likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Christi Rocks

Christi's so awesome! She really dealt with the pummeling about her religion with class.

Yeah, it takes a lot of cognitive dissonance to do religion, but everyone needs something to make them feel okay. She really should get out of that Catholic church though, the Catholicism is pure evil. Maybe try Quaker instead?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkers View Post
Christi's so awesome! She really dealt with the pummeling about her religion with class.
Ikr???

Adult atheist voice shouts down little kid church-goer voice. Kinda brutal. Also hilarious

"Chemdas into hippy shit so you kinda have a like mind here"
Binkers and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Christy is great and like her I was raised Catholic. It sounded like we both came to a "crisis of faith" and she choose to amend the faith to fit her sensibilities. She is choosing to believe the parts that are good and remain in a church community, which is fine as long as she acknowledges that she is cherry picking. (Which she did)

I had a priest one Sunday give a sermon about the basic tennanets of the faith because he was mad about people coming for communion and leaving early. As he was talking I had a reaction that he was not intending. I kept thinking, "he right, if I don't believe this stuff I shouldn't be here". So, I choose to leave and, for me, I am much happier. I was very much against all the wrong social stances the church took, but I realized that I didn't even buy the basic crap. Now as an atheist I don't have to sit there and stew on the cognitive dissonance.
The Girl, Scorpion and Binkers like this.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

“And the Lord hath said, ‘And wait until you find out what a metaphor is...’”
Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.