Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are Keith’s movie reviews spot-on?
Yes 16 42.11%
No 22 57.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree38Likes

Old 10-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2739: Black and White

KATG Tattoos; Christianity, the NFL, and why you should listen to Keith; the acting return of Mel Gibson and Mark Wahlberg’s violent past; top movies of the weekend and Only the Brave and Professor Marston and the Wonder Women reviewed; Pound Town, population: You

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I'm not in church anymore so you don't have to convince me.
But the new testament with Jesus has no horrible hate stuff I in it .
“Just let it go, Keith. Just let it go...”
Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I dunno if it’s a good thing how alike Keith and I think 😅
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It's black and white but then once you go with one of them there's a shitload of layers in there.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

I’m pretty sure that the whole Mark Wahlberg making amends thing was directly related to his being unable to land a liquor license for one or more of his Wahlburger’s restaurants, and that the conviction was legally blocking him.

So still fuck him.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

AND, I think the reason directors and producers still like putting Mel Gibson in shit, is the same motivation as the shitty little kid who finds a dead animal on the playground and chases everyone around with it. “LOOK WHAT I GOT LOOK WHAT I GOT HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” They don’t understand that they’re helping legitimize these social pariahs.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

"Do we have to rage against the ENTIRE machine?"

Omfg this ep

"YOU DONT KNOW? I JUST SAW IT!!!"
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/25/bo...-player-brains

Quote:
A new study by Boston University researcher Dr. Ann McKee examined the brains of 202 deceased football players and found that 110 of the 111 brains of former NFL players had chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/s...cte-brain.html

Quote:
Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots tight end and a convicted murderer, was 27 when he committed suicide in April. Yet a posthumous examination of his brain showed he had such a severe form of the degenerative brain disease C.T.E. that the damage was akin to that of players well into their 60s.
This is part of what you're endorsing when you watch football. The way the game is SUPPOSED to be played, according to the rules, is life threatening to the players. Given the violence the players experience on a daily basis, is it any wonder the league has a problem with its players being violent to other people in their lives?

I think it's a cop-out to say "well the league doesn't WANT their players to develop brain injuries or be sexual predators." The fact is, when you watch football, you're watching people destroy themselves and some small part of you is ok with that.

Anyway go birds
Old 10-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
The fact is, when you watch football, you're watching people destroy themselves and some small part of you is ok with that.
SOME small part of me is ok with that? ALL of me is okay with that.

What do I give a fuck?

You ram your head into a freight train, bad stuff is gonna happen.
jcro21 likes this.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
SOME small part of me is ok with that? ALL of me is okay with that.

What do I give a fuck?

You ram your head into a freight train, bad stuff is gonna happen.
It sounds like everything is OK. Cigarette companies new about cancer but hey you gonna inhale shit you burn on a stick then ya gonna get cancer, fuck it.

Lets not forget that the lies the NFL has told us only effects NFL players. Not just college kids either football with tackle is played by children as young as age 5 in some places.

There are also the social implications of using a sport like football to pay for college. Yes your damaging your brain while getting a college education (you would think college football would be no tackle, but there is no $ in that). So, does the scholarship program used for football and with it brain damage disproportionately affect minorities? Either intended or not this really is a big deal. Many areas are starting flag football but its impossible to find in most areas because there has to be enough parents who want their kids to play football and not want the kid to suffer brain damage. Where I am football enrollment is down pre-middle school age but those same parents aren't opting for flag football as an alternative.
The Girl likes this.