Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Distrust all men?
All men should not be trusted. 5 12.82%
Some men can be trusted. 23 58.97%
I am not male. 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Michael's Servant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,158
2804: BOONE!

with Hannah Boone – The return of Two Drunk Minimum; Hannah’s parents met in a mental institution, anguish followed; 1 in 10 people have fetal alcohol spectrum disorders; dating apps and odd encounters; NYC’s false tsunami warning; Trump’s military parade; Elon Musk’s space car; Nicole Eggert accuses Scott Baio of molestation when she was 14

Guest:
Hannah Boone



Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FingerLakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hollow Bastion
Posts: 814
men are fucking horrible
but so are people
but men are the worst
Bucho and Apia like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Apia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 2,094
I don't know what's right or wrong with internet dating. I wasn't very much into Mr. Apia in the first date, he was cute but strange and introverted. No good communication skills.

He didn't change much but I decided I can live with this.
Bucho likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Apia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
Posts: 2,094
I always had a very messy car with lots of stuff in it so I never took any guy with me unplanned. " just come in" never crossed my mind. Where would he sit?
I highly recommend it as a defence mechanism for women.
Bucho and Mermaid like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Posts: 62
I think dating apps get a lot of ghosted conversations because you have a bunch of people like Chemda out there wanting to be part of the flirting game, but then it gets too real with an actual meetup plan and they ghost.
Mermaid likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
astrokahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
I think dating apps get a lot of ghosted conversations because you have a bunch of people like Chemda out there wanting to be part of the flirting game, but then it gets too real with an actual meetup plan and they ghost.
I don't think the majority of ghosters are Chemdas. In fact I'm pretty sure if Chemda was on Tinder and you called her out on "just wanting to be in the flirting game" she would actually have that conversation with you out of respect, and not ghost.

I think people are just shitty and incapable or unwilling to be confrontational in any way, so instead of saying "hey I don't think we're a match" they take the easier route of complete avoidance and then justify it by saying that "OMG WHATS THE BIG DEAL I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!"
The Girl likes this.
__________________
"If you’re insisting on talking to people whose opinions you find shitty, stop being surprised."-- Chemda
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 9,728
Or, and here’s another take, PEOPLE ARE JUST FUCKING WEIRDOS.
astrokahn likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Eating a moonpie
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
I don't think the majority of ghosters are Chemdas. In fact I'm pretty sure if Chemda was on Tinder and you called her out on "just wanting to be in the flirting game" she would actually have that conversation with you out of respect, and not ghost.

I think people are just shitty and incapable or unwilling to be confrontational in any way, so instead of saying "hey I don't think we're a match" they take the easier route of complete avoidance and then justify it by saying that "OMG WHATS THE BIG DEAL I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!"
I understand that telling someone you aren't interested is the proper and mature way to end things.

But if you have hundreds of matches and are chatting with like 10-15 guys at a time. Its not feasible to individually have those kinds of long drawn out confrontational conversations about why you aren't interested enough to meet them on a date.

Idk if its the same for men but dating online can be like having another part-time job just due to the number of people trying to have conversations with you at the same time. Scheduling dates can also be draining.

There are only so many days in a week. If you have a life outside of dating then some of those people just aint gonna get a date.

I think ghosting just comes with the online dating territory.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
astrokahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I understand that telling someone you aren't interested is the proper and mature way to end things.

But if you have hundreds of matches and are chatting with like 10-15 guys at a time. Its not feasible to individually have those kinds of long drawn out confrontational conversations about why you aren't interested enough to meet them on a date.

Idk if its the same for men but dating online can be like having another part-time job just due to the number of people trying to have conversations with you at the same time. Scheduling dates can also be draining.

There are only so many days in a week. If you have a life outside of dating then some of those people just aint gonna get a date.
I think ghosting just comes with the online dating territory.
What they were referring to on the show (Keith's experience anyway) was when you are already having a long drawn out coversation, fun banter, etc and then you're ghosted.

in the situation they were referring to (some established convo or banter already) I don't think saying "hey I don't think we're a match,sorry" constitutes a long drawn out anything. It's perfectly reasonable to say that and then move on without the expectation that you're going to have to engage any further than that.
Keith likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 9,728
Except for when I come back from probably masturbating in the shower and say we’re not a match as well, implying that I will kill you.
astrokahn likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger