Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Distrust all men?
All men should not be trusted. 5 12.82%
Some men can be trusted. 23 58.97%
I am not male. 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

Old 02-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2804: BOONE!

with Hannah Boone – The return of Two Drunk Minimum; Hannah’s parents met in a mental institution, anguish followed; 1 in 10 people have fetal alcohol spectrum disorders; dating apps and odd encounters; NYC’s false tsunami warning; Trump’s military parade; Elon Musk’s space car; Nicole Eggert accuses Scott Baio of molestation when she was 14

Guest:
Hannah Boone

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

men are fucking horrible
but so are people
but men are the worst
Bucho and Apia like this.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think dating apps get a lot of ghosted conversations because you have a bunch of people like Chemda out there wanting to be part of the flirting game, but then it gets too real with an actual meetup plan and they ghost.
Mermaid likes this.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g001dfinger View Post
I think dating apps get a lot of ghosted conversations because you have a bunch of people like Chemda out there wanting to be part of the flirting game, but then it gets too real with an actual meetup plan and they ghost.
I don't think the majority of ghosters are Chemdas. In fact I'm pretty sure if Chemda was on Tinder and you called her out on "just wanting to be in the flirting game" she would actually have that conversation with you out of respect, and not ghost.

I think people are just shitty and incapable or unwilling to be confrontational in any way, so instead of saying "hey I don't think we're a match" they take the easier route of complete avoidance and then justify it by saying that "OMG WHATS THE BIG DEAL I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!"
The Girl likes this.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Or, and here’s another take, PEOPLE ARE JUST FUCKING WEIRDOS.
astrokahn likes this.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
I don't think the majority of ghosters are Chemdas. In fact I'm pretty sure if Chemda was on Tinder and you called her out on "just wanting to be in the flirting game" she would actually have that conversation with you out of respect, and not ghost.

I think people are just shitty and incapable or unwilling to be confrontational in any way, so instead of saying "hey I don't think we're a match" they take the easier route of complete avoidance and then justify it by saying that "OMG WHATS THE BIG DEAL I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!"
I understand that telling someone you aren't interested is the proper and mature way to end things.

But if you have hundreds of matches and are chatting with like 10-15 guys at a time. Its not feasible to individually have those kinds of long drawn out confrontational conversations about why you aren't interested enough to meet them on a date.

Idk if its the same for men but dating online can be like having another part-time job just due to the number of people trying to have conversations with you at the same time. Scheduling dates can also be draining.

There are only so many days in a week. If you have a life outside of dating then some of those people just aint gonna get a date.

I think ghosting just comes with the online dating territory.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I understand that telling someone you aren't interested is the proper and mature way to end things.

But if you have hundreds of matches and are chatting with like 10-15 guys at a time. Its not feasible to individually have those kinds of long drawn out confrontational conversations about why you aren't interested enough to meet them on a date.

Idk if its the same for men but dating online can be like having another part-time job just due to the number of people trying to have conversations with you at the same time. Scheduling dates can also be draining.

There are only so many days in a week. If you have a life outside of dating then some of those people just aint gonna get a date.
I think ghosting just comes with the online dating territory.
What they were referring to on the show (Keith's experience anyway) was when you are already having a long drawn out coversation, fun banter, etc and then you're ghosted.

in the situation they were referring to (some established convo or banter already) I don't think saying "hey I don't think we're a match,sorry" constitutes a long drawn out anything. It's perfectly reasonable to say that and then move on without the expectation that you're going to have to engage any further than that.
Keith likes this.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Except for when I come back from probably masturbating in the shower and say we’re not a match as well, implying that I will kill you.
astrokahn likes this.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
What they were referring to on the show (Keith's experience anyway) was when you are already having a long drawn out coversation, fun banter, etc and then you're ghosted.

in the situation they were referring to (some established convo or banter already) I don't think saying "hey I don't think we're a match,sorry" constitutes a long drawn out anything. It's perfectly reasonable to say that and then move on without the expectation that you're going to have to engage any further than that.

Yes, that would be reasonable. And when talking to a sane person it wouldn't be a long drawn out thing. Should be pretty cut and dry.

But then there is my reality where I have to realize that men on the internet are often not reasonable or sane.

I didn't start off ghosting. But after a few "but why not!?" (then proceed to try to explain to me why I'm wrong about not being interested) and "OK I'll do better" (then act like now they are gonna be a completely different person than they were five minutes ago) and whatever hurt feeling insults thrown at me.... I stopped caring about being polite. It's been much easier to just stop replying. The most shit I get now is "well damn.. It was nice talking to you"
Old 02-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Except for when I come back from probably masturbating in the shower and say we’re not a match as well, implying that I will kill you.
But still, I would AT LENGTH explain to you whyyyy this is inappropriate and...
Jkjk id ghost you